Boston University

« See more reviews of Boston University

The best thing about Boston University is its diversity. BU has a diverse community with people from all backgrounds, religious, cultural, and academic alike. Boston University has so many extracurricular opportunities for people with every interest in mind from athletic like football, academic like Pre-law or Pre-med society, entertaining such as the people watching club and quiddich or broom ball, humanitarian like ONE, Amnesty International, and UNICEF; and so many more. BU also has a diverse range of academic majors with over 10 schools to choose from the Fine Arts to Engineering, there are interests for all!

Boston University offers diversity on a scale that is changing the world. Not only does the University offer a diversity of students from all over the United States, it also has a high percentage of students from around the world. This diversity is what make Boston University unique. It influences how students socialize as well as advances interaction of different cultures and backgrounds in the classroom. My University also offers a diversity of majors, clubs, and opportunities that reflect on the diverse student body bringing everyone together. This is the best thing about Boston University.

There are too many great things about Boston University that top my list. However, one that greatly stands out, and in my opinion is the most important one, is the resources available to you as a student. BU greatly tries to emphasize student growth, not only personally, but also professionally by holding career events, industry leader guest speaker series, classes strictly for the preparation and perfection of student resumes, and much more. Coming from an area where professional sources are limited, Boston University really does thrive to provide the world at your grasp.

The best thing about Boston University is the academic and extra curricular programs and facilities offered on campus. The Boston University Community Service Center provides students over a dozen of volunteer programs; intramural sports are a great way to make friends and stay active. Our fitness facility, the BU Fitness and Recreation Center is a state-of-the-art facility that gives those associated with the university and the community at large the opportunity to climb a rock wall, swim a wonderful competition pool, take a fitness class, or just exercise freely.

The range of diversity here is quite wide, but in many different respects. Yes, there are many different races, but when I talk of diversity, I'm speaking more on the subject of personal background. Back at home, everyone had somewhat of a similar story. We all lived in the typical suburb, with a typical public high school the strove for greatness by sending every student to an esteemed university. When I got to college, my bubble of my hometown popped and I was introduced to a slew of peers who had a world of difference in his/her background.

The best thing about BU is its ability to present itself as a top institution. Bu takes pride in afew highlights of the university that separates it from others. Such things primarily include its infrastructure. BU undertakes new building projects to expand buildings and to add additional square units of glamour to university. Simply said, BU is best at being pretty. This is helpful is a student is into aethestics, especially during finals or other stressful seasons during the acadmic year since a beautiful spot to study may help settle your mind.

There isn't much to say about BU that is good. I could go on and on about how poor the academics, are how poor the food service is, and how poor the housing facilities are. Or about how run down the buildings are, how the university wastes energy, and how the students are never given an opportunity to voice their opinions or concerns. Or how everything is over prices, the university is taking advantage of the rich parents' money, and how there is very little value in doing to this school. But you want something good? The location only.

The best thing about Boston University is the culture. I know it's cliche, but coming from a primarily white high school, going to a college rich with diversity was important to me. I can't walk to class without hearing at least 3 different languages; to me, this is exciting! College is the beginning of the rest of your life. For me, I wanted the rest of my life to start with people from all walks of life, religions, and ethnic backgrounds. Because of my education here, both academic and personal, I will be prepared for the world.

The best thing about Boston University is all the resources available to students. Conveniently located in the heart of Boston, students can easily walk over to Fenway Park for a Red Sox game, spend the afternoon at the Museum of Fine Arts (which is free for students in the area), or go to a concert at one of the many venues around campus. Academically, BU always has interesting lectures going on regarding its reserach in a variety of fields. There is always something going on so it is very hard to get bored.

The study abroad program. This is one of the biggest and most global programs in the world. They have a study abroad location for everyone, no matter what your major or area of interest. Most students study abroad more than once. One of the major reasons I chose BU was because they were the first college I've ever seen to have a study abroad program for psychology majors. In Dublin, no less! This is an opportunity that many college students don't recievce, and I believe it's what makes BU special.