Bowdoin College

« See more reviews of Bowdoin College

Bowdoin may be a small campus, but it is definitly not exclusive. There are students from all over there world of every nationality, religion and orientation. I cant think of anyone who would feel out of place. This community is very open and very accepting.

Bowdoin is definitely attempting to address the issue of lacking diversity on campus. Most students tend to be of upper socio-economic classes. Bowdoin only gives scholarships based on need, so this issue is also being addressed by the college.

Fantastic. Everyone is friendly, and excited to achieve and make the most of their time at Bowdoin. College is very much a time to grow as a person, and we are definitely eager to do that and make a positive impact in the world.

The financial and racial background of bowdoin college is diverse relative to other schools in maine. the school is more suited for people looking for an involved experience where they can move at their own pace.

I think that the Bowdoin student body is very diverse. Bowdoin was among the first of colleges to admit African-Americans, and they maintain a consistent commitment to all different types of diversity.

Students are generally very open and accepting. Different types of students interact with each other and are mostly liberal. It is a small community though so people know each other's business.

Very diverse, i thought it was only going to be crunchy granola and i was very surprised at the amount of preppy people like myself. All ranges of people so everyone fits in.

not a lot of racial diversity, though that is improving. Not a lot of class diversity either. Athletes definetely have it made here, it is an automatic social in.

-Generally everyone is pleasant. -People are very driven and at times compare themselves with others too much and don't do what they as an individual want to do.

There is limited awareness about LGBT issues, although there are many organizations working to promote conversations about it. Mostly, people are tolerant.