Bowdoin College

« See more reviews of Bowdoin College

For Bowdoin being such a small school in small town Maine it is amazing that there is always something going on and that there is never a dull weekend. Bowdoin has a real community atmosphere between the students. You wont find a student body more willing to make sure you have a good day.

Very fun weekends. Thursday night pub night allows for good dancing. Friday and Saturdays are the same scene of a mixture of pre-gaming in the dorms, social house parties then an off-campus party. For the most part students study hard on week nights, and then go out hard on the weekends.

Bowdoin social life is heavily centered around social houses. The social house system is fun and rewarding for freshmen and sophomores. Juniors and seniors do not participate in the social houses, thus leaving them a little socially aliented.

The college brings in a lot of cool speakers and musicians. The outing club is popular and very well funded, great for exploring the amazing wilderness around Bowdoin. Skiing is also close, it's about 2 hours to Sugarloaf or Sunday River.

Bowdoin is small, but there's a pretty diverse social scene. There's keg parties with so many people you can't breathe, there's wine and cheese parties, dinner parties, dance parties; I met one of my best friends here at a Contra Dance.

tons of student athletes; options for varsity, club, and intramural sports. as for dating, its primarily hookups or huge serious relationships with no middle ground, although there is a movement to "bring dating back to Bowdoin"

lots of varsity athletes as well as a large following for Intramural sports. Lots of hanging around with friends, just talking--very interesting people to talk to. Not a very big dating scene. Always things to do on the weekend.

Lets face it- there isn't a lot to do in Maine. Most students go skiing and snowboarding, and most students drink. We have a great alternative to Greek Life through a social house system that includes everyone who wants to come.

-Activities are too bunched up so you'd go weeks without anything and then all of the sudden 10 things at once. If things could be more spread out that'd be more enjoyable and less boring during some times.

It's small, but it isnt TOO small. There are lots of little groups of interesting people doing interesting things. However, finding those people and busting out of your little group can be difficult.