Bowdoin College Top Questions

Daisy

The worst thing about my school is the amount of partying. It's something you would run into at most colleges, however, the amount of marijuana on campus is more than most sources about the college indicated.

The division between athletes and non athletes.

Even though it is "diverse," students tend to hang out with others who come from similar backgrounds. I don't know if there is anything that the school itself can do to alleviate that problem - I think it's more of a societal issue. Also, the students, professors and administration are extremely liberal. As a liberal, I appreciate that, but I think it's hard for conservative students to voice their opinions at Bowdoin.

Very cliqueish. Some departments are too focused on theoretical at the expensive of real world applications (read: the computer science department).

The administration is much more conservative than it lets on. The athletes are treated like gods even though they are really not all that good at their respective sports. The girls are very ugly. I don't know why but the college refuses to admit attractive women. The class offerings are excessively based on trying to be politically correct.

Hayley

The weather!

Brenna

I think that the inflexibility of course selection is probably the most difficult thing to deal with at the college.

I have always disliked the lack of lawn space on campus aesthetically. Also, the price tag is quite high.

Akira

The girls.

Cliff

The kids here feel like they are in the real world while Bowdoin is a very protected environment. Most of the students are not fun people and are not welcoming to conservitive views.

Lynn

Sometimes I feel stuck with my group of friends.