Bowdoin College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Bowdoin College

Marie

When I visited Bowdoin college for the Admitted students weekend, I fell in love with the school. Everyone is welcoming and kind. The food is great, it's rated number three in the country. One is never alone and never feels alone, because the support system at Bowdoin is outstanding; from the professors to the medical team. I am excited to be attending such a prestigious college with a welcoming atmosphere and excellent academics. Even the community that Bowdoin is in, Brunswick, is as beautiful and welcoming as Bowdoin. The School is great. When it was time to leave, I did not want to go back home, despite how much I missed my family. The school captured my heart and I cannot wait to be a Bowdoin student officially.

Sydney

The experiences that students have at this institution falls along a large spectrum. For myself, I'd like to think that my own experience was unlike my peers for numerous reasons. Firstly, I am a student-athlete of color at a predominantly white, liberal, private institution. If that did not alienate me enough, unlike the majority of my classmates, I did not have the privilege of attaining my prior education from a prestigious high school and I felt that gap in my everyday experience there. Additionally, my urban background was unrelatable to most. This ranged from everyday vernacular and slang to extracurricular activities, familial experiences and more. Although I think of myself to be fairly extroverted, I felt that a lot of the relationships that I formed with my peers were initially superficial and manufactured. With that being said, it has been an experience that I have enjoyed thoroughly. The extensive learning from my peers as well as my professors have challenged me and pushed me to unforeseen heights. No doubt there have been struggles along the way, but it has transcended me to become a better man, scholar and community member. The acceptance of the community for a range of identities and ideas is unmatched in my opinion.

Maggie

So far, my experience at Bowdoin has been amazing! I absolutely love how well rounded the school is. The food is incredible, the classes are rigorous and interesting, I feel extremely safe on campus (even when walking alone), the sports teams (I am apart of the field hockey team) are dedicated, there are countless clubs in which to partake, and everyone seems to be very friendly. Bowdoin is perfect for me!

Lorenzo

This is the college of my dreams! Class sizes are perfect, and all professors are not only always available, but they take a real interest in getting to know their students. The campus is beautiful, there are a wealth of opportunities and resources available, and the town of Brunswick is a perfectly quaint college town

SYDNEY

Bowdoin College is a tight-knight community in which its students and faculty embrace the process of learning and understanding each others backgrounds, experiences and identities within a safe space. The teacher community is caring and classes are exciting to be a part of as everyone gets to thoroughly experience the material with our small class sizes. The food is amazing compared to what I have heard from other schools. Athletics are supported by the administration and there seems to be no discrimination based on athleticism, ethnicity, or other common fields of this sort.

Jack

Don't go here. The kids are overly sensitive, and spit hate at each other if you disagree with them. The students are single minded, and the school supports that. Many people are afraid to say what they believe and as a result, less learning is done.

Valeria

Bowdoin College is exceptional. Although the college is small and does not really offer the very specific majors, classes are rich in variety and topics. Class size is considerably small (my biggest class has been 50 students and it was an intro class) so it is great to get individual attention. Professors are friendly and always willing to help. Besides their regular office hours, professor are most of the time willing to make appointments. I think that Bowdoin students are friendly and always willing to help others. Its easy to make friends. Brunswick is small and there isn't much to do outside of campus (which is okay since there is something going on almost every weekend), but you could always hop on a train or Bowdoin shuttle to visit Portland or Boston

Duncan

Bowdoin seems like a great campus. I'm particularly looking forward to meeting James Pwuid one of the English Rugby coaches as I need to work on my game!

Kenya

This year will be my first year at Bowdoin and I am so glad I chose this school. At first, I didn't really know I wanted to go to Bowdoin, but after I visited I knew it was the place for me. Not only were the people kind, but they were also willing to challenge and learn from each other. The classes that I observed were engaging and intimate. It was nice to know that professors genuinely care about each and every one of their students. I am super excited to attend Bowdoin and could not have made a better choice!

Patrick

doi doi doi doi doi doi doi doi doi doi dio doi oid ido idoi odi bowdion!!!!!!!!!wo hoo! bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbboooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwddddddddddddddddddddddddooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yea!

Georgina

James Pwuid, on the coaching staff is awesome. Always there to help out when I don't do good on field, and his British accent is cool too. Great to have an experienced rugby coach in the staff, go Bowdoin! James Pwuid Rules!