Bowling Green, OH
Bowling Green State University-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bowling Green State University-Main Campus

Make the right decision for yourself. Some people might go to a school for the money or education or even social life but you have to make the decision for yourself for your own personal success.

The people. I enjoy the friends that I have met.

People that are into school spirit and meeting people.

Bowling Green State University is best known for its spirit. On any given day, half of the people you see will be wearing some item with the BG logo on it. At all of the sporting events, you can expect an incredibly large spirite section, all decked out in their orange and brown. This school takes great pride in itself.

Do your research. Narrow your choices down to three or four schools, and make the time to visit each campus. Take campus tours, ask the students there about the classes and general life there. Make your decision based on what fits YOUR needs, YOUR wants, YOUR future.

Nothing really came as a surprise to me here... each of the campus tours I took gave me all of the information I needed.

Carestin

Everyone has their own idea of the perfect college experience. For me it was to be involved and to love my school and the location of it. Bowling Green is a mere 20 minutes away from my house so I can make it as close or as far away as I want it to be. Last year, when I was a freshman, it was nice to be this close and to have my family to turn to to help with the transition. For many people this may be a great thing to consider. Another thing that I loved was how many sororites there were on campus. Out of the 14 we have here I was bound to find one that I fit in with and could get involved with. School involovement is another great thing to consider. In the end, make the desicion for you, not anyone else.

I believe that the requirements for financial aid are a little ridiculous. My parents make just enough money that I do not receive any financial aid. I have to help my parents pay for my education and therefore work while attending school which puts a lot of pressure on me to be able to pay for all that I do.

I believe that anyone could attend this school and love it. There are groups and organizations for everyone.

Jerrell

My classmates are eager to learn when they show up to class.

My classmates are eager to learn when they show up to class.

The most unique aspect of Bowling Green State University is that it has one of the top SPort Management programs in the state of Ohio and the Nation. The program allows you to ue your major to branch out to many internships during your career at BGSU as well.

The advice I have for stuudents about finding the right college and making the most of the college experience is to get involved on campus. Use all of the resources on campus to meet new people. Its a great opportunity to network with people who share the same interest /major with you. Another thing is that students should experience on-campus living. Commuting should be an option at least a year after you have been in a dorm.

maegan

Find a school that is not too far away from home so you don't get home sick. And look for a school that has many majors available so if you change your mind you have other choices to choose from. Good Luck!!!

The best thing about this school is that it offers a variety of majors which is helpful for those people who are unsure about want they want to be.

I wish I had known that some of the professors are not what I expected them to be. I also wish I had known that you have to live on campus for two years not 1 year like most other colleges.Also the grocery stores on campus charge outrageous prices.

Drew

It is crucial that students find a place that is not only academically challenging, but that is a right fit, socially, as well. In my opinion the classroom makes up 55% of the college expereince but the development of students streches far beyond the classroom into the residence halls, greek houses, student organization offices and surrounding community. As an undergraduate, I felt connected to my campus community, safe and secure and academically challenged by the supportive faculty in both of my departments. Also, don't be affriad of trying something entirely new. If you come into college knowing exactly what you want to be, wonderful, if not, use it as an opportunity to learn about yourself and plan a meaningful career path for yourself.

Smart, self motivated, fun-loving students with a desire to be involved in the campus and surrounding community.

My close relationships with my faculty, the staff and my friends. We had a great time and I earned two degrees in the process.

jennifer

Don't just go tour the campus, your tour guide is paid to tell you how awesome it is. You probably know someone who goes there or the parent of someone that goes there. Ask them what its like , and they will probably be lot more realistic.

They're always upgrading something or building something new, it show's that they're looking towards the future

Not much, its a good school and the technology college really has it togeather, in that students have to complete three cooperative work experiences. I'm not really a fan of the area though. A lot of students feel there's not much to do here except party. The large amount of extra curricular activities could make up for that if you want to get involved I guess.

Benjamin

It's best known for our artistic talent and our football team, the Falcons.

It's best known for our artistic talent and our football team, the Falcons.

Picking a college can be difficult, but the main thing about any college is the quality of education compared to the price. Yes MIT or Yale will give you an incredible learning experiance and give you something to make your resume' stand out, but a home town university will give you just as good of an education for half the price. Once you find a price range that you're willing to pay for, you need to then look through the subtle nuances that each college present. Also, living on campus, albeit kind of expensive, is quite unique. It allows for much more social atmosphere (if that's what you're looking for) while being convenient. Not only is it convenient, but it makes people more efficient. Instead of driving home just to relax, you go back to your dorm and are much more likely to work on your homework. Once you find the perfect college, you'll love every minute of it.

It depends. This school is a very art oriented school, but it doesn't mean that it's not good for people that are looking to go into a technology field. BGSU has a nice selection of courses that might not be the best in the nation but are far from being inadequate. For the most part though, if you're interested in art this is a very good school to attend.

Bowling Green State University-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.