Bowling Green, OH
Bowling Green State University-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bowling Green State University-Main Campus

Isaac

Do your work students. You go to college for a reason. I understand going out and partying is a lot of fun. I've been there, done that. But grades aren't important. The better you do in school, the more successful your career will be. Not only will you be more knowledgeable in your area of study by receiving good grades. You'll learn valuable lessons about time budgeting and management skills. By all means, have fun and go out on weekends. But stay on top of your studies as well.

The best thing about my school experience was definatly the friends that I have made mixed with the knowledge attained from the facutly at BGSU. I also got the chance to meet some of the guest speakers that have made it big in my area of study. Those are the kind of experiences that are simply priceless.

The worst thing about the school is by far the parking. When I lived on campus, this wasn't a problem at all. But the two years off-campus were a nightmere. The comuter lots were ALWAYS full unless you get there thrity minutes before class started.

Maggie

The most important thing I think people should consider while searching for a school, beyond price and whether the intended major is present at that location, is whether that institution fits the student's needs. Needs can be anything from administrative to social but the atomosphere must be conducive to the student's learning. Although there will not always be a "perfect fit" students need to feel like they fit in on the campus and to find a niche that suits their learning style. Schools that help individuals find their personal atmosphere and adjust to college life are great.

The campus community is very open and there's a lot of activity. I especially like the student participation in sporting events.

I really can't think of any one type of person that shouldn't attend this school. If you're looking to come to college and are willing to do the work then why not go ahead and give this school a shot.

The diversity of it, and I also love that we are a Division I Football team, but not one of the huge schools. This means that students are still able to attend home games for free and it is soo much fun!

I think parents and students should go to look at colleges together. And I think it is very important to look at a varitety of colleges before choosing the one you are going to attend. There are so many schools out there and it can be overwhelming but do not limit yourself to just a few choices, experience and look at everything that is out there. And I also suggest starting early, begin your junior year and start narrowing down from there, don't wait until the last minute!

I love how close it is to my hometown. It is far enough away that I am able to be at college and do my own thing, but if I choose to go home on the weekends I could do that as well.

Teresa

Have all your college prerequisites done if you can.; like taking language, advanced english & algebra in high school. It helps to not have to pay for these classes if you can test out of them. Also, make sure to check out each and every school that you can before you graduate from high school. Make a list of your top choices, your second, and those that seem appealing but would not fall into the other two areas. Check them out thoroughly and look into every possible scholarship available in your area. The hardest thing these days seems to be financial diificulties, so after visiting the colleges on your list, also look into available work in the area. Also, try to get involved in all the on campus activities that may interest you, and maybe even some that you would not usually consider. The first year at college can become lonely, getting involved in activities helps you to make friends and stay involved. Keep in close touch with your family and loved ones, as well.

I brag about my art and my professors. I have had a real good learning experience here, and have only had difficulty with one professor, so I feel that in all my classes I have had real good luck with that.

Actually any type of person could find happiness here. We seem to be very diverse, ethnically and socially.

Pietrina

My classmates are seem goal-oriented, and interested to learn and engage in discussions in order to learn what they need to succeed in their field of study.

In my personal experience, one of the most important aspects of choosing the "right " college was how well it would suit my individual needs. I am a very family-oriented individual, and choosing a college that wasn't too far away from my home, was very important to me. I think it definitely helped me adjust faster, because I may have been homesick at first, but after some time, I knew that if I needed something, I was close to my family. I think it's imporant to find an insitution that is highly regarded in the field of study in which you are entering, and definitely choosing a college that is going to help you with succeed, and give you the right education that you need in order to become a productive individual in society. College should be an amazing experience, and students should value their education, NOT just their free time. I think students should never take for granted the privilege of attending college, and make the most of it their time there.

If an individual is not self-motivated, or are not interested in actively contributing to their own success for the future, they should not attend any insitution of higher education.

brandi

The students at BGSU are all very different, but it is not a problem that there is so much diversity. The teachers are extremely helpfull and willing to give the help, when needed.

Research all possibilities. Find a school that fits all your/your childs needs!

I am a student that commutes, but this does not make me feel out of place at all.

BGSU is a middle sized university that immediately makes you feel a sense of belonging.

Make sure to go on college visits during your junior year of high school and to visit a large, medium and small college. Try to allow your child to spend the night or weekend, especially if they have a friend who already attends there. As a parent do not try to force your child to go to your alma mater or school of your choice, but rather let them make the decision. In some cases, it will be the wrong choice but at least the student will have been allowed to make that choice. Once the decision has been made, as a parent encourage the student and always be there for them whether they mess up or not. Most important is to continue to love and support them!!!

A person who wants to get involved, who doesn't want to get lost in the throngs of a big university but still wants the experience of a larger university.

Daniel

They are very knowledgable and outgoing while being very accepting of new people that could be getting used to things.

Perfect size with alot of attivities. The dorms and food are great. Many social ativity groups to join.

Stay overnight in the dorms during the school year to make sure you could see yourself there for 4 years.

Josie

Bowling Green State University has a horrible reputation for reporting many cases of STD's; however, they also provide treatment for these conditions in a manner that allows students to receive treatment without letting parents know about the issues. This policy encourages students to practice safe-sex and get tested regularly for harmful illnesses. Bowling Green is known as the home of the Olympic Skater Scott Hamilton.

It is important to remember that each person needs a unique place to grow and learn. If a child wishes to go to a school, the parent(s) need to be supportive. Each school will offer different opportunities for growth as an individual. Do not choose a school based solely on a scholarship; rather, take the time to research all schools of interest. After researching the schools, visit the schools of choice. After deciding on the best school for you, the student, then figure out how you will pay for college. There are many third party scholarship and loan options available to help finance college. Talk to the financial aid office for this information and make decisions accordingly.

I tell my friends that I am glad I transferred to Bowling Green State University because the classes are much more interesting and more difficult than the classes at Capital University; I am now receiving a better education than my friends who are finishing their degrees at Capital University.

Justin

Our school is known a lot for our art programs and the education department. They are also known as a school that parties a lot. Our campus is known for having heavy winds, being cold and getting a lot of snow as well.

I think knowing what college a student chooses definately begins with the help you get from high school. Our high school didn't have a good guidance counselor who would help a student for their personal needs, and would only have the students rely on the surveys to determine what would be best for the student to go to college for. I would choose a college that best fits the student's needs and wants while considering the type of career path the student plans to take. Don't be afraid to change things after you enter college though, many students change their minds as they grow and learn. I have learned to go with the flow and have done a lot of learning on my own and to rely on my own needs rather than what others tell me, but when I need help, I'm not afraid to ask for it. The last thing I would say is to relax your first couple years and get settled in, because after that, the hard work starts to come. Don't get caught up in all the partying at college, you're there to learn, don't waste your money.

One thing that I have had plenty of problems with the school is that their advisors and instructors don't do what they seem to be hired to do, to help students get through school with what they want to do. They are very reluctant to make exceptions to meet a students' needs and I have had to rely on myself to advise myself and some of my friends. There are also clashes between schools in the university which cause students to not be able to be satisfied with their education.

Bowling Green State University-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.