Bowling Green State University-Main Campus

« See more reviews of Bowling Green State University-Main Campus

Overall, I love BGSU. They have a great Political Science program, the dorms are good overall, and the classes are challenging but not ridiculous. The professors attempt to tech students concepts instead of making us memorize dates, times, and other nearly useless facts. The students fit no stereotype, our only complaint is the endless "nickel and dime-ing", and the campus traditions we have are fun to participate in. The university is really homeschooler-friendly, BG is a study hard in the week, party hard on the weekend school and we have one of the top athletics programs in the Mid-American Conference. The campus itself is small for the amount of students that attend and located in a fairly good sized town, with plenty of places to eat on and off campus. We even have a cool sports team name! (although one would think the school colors were invented three sheets to the wind, BG is the only campus you can wear hunter's orange and fit in.) Go Falcons and Roll Along!

My school is very spririted. We have two mascots named Freddie and Freida Falcon. We also have a secret organization of spirit leaders called the SIC SIC. There are two sophomores, two juniors, and two seniors that dress up in silly outfits and masks. They attend different social events and sporting event. No one knows who they are or how to become a SIC SIC. The process is so secretive that only the people who go through it know how it's done. At the end of the year, the seniors get "beheaded" and reveal themselves to the school.

I think the most unique feature about Bolwiing Green is the students. Everyone there is super nice, and from all over. Here is a school out in the middle of know where, and there are many different students. Some are from the cities, while otheres from the country. Everyone I meet at Bowling Green is happy to get to know someone new. I think that makes all the differents in a school, othere than teachers; a students needs to feel at home to do well. I can say I feel at home at my school because of the students.

Since Bowling Green State University is highly known for its outstanding accounting program, I was able to easily find an internship and job. Employers recognize that BGSU has a great program, and so were impressed when they found out, during the interview, that I attended BGSU for my undergraduate degree. BGSU also has many different types of ethnic and racial backgrounds, so it was interesting to see this diversity because I am from a small town that is made up of all white, catholic people.

Bowling Green, when it first opened, was a NORM school. It was a school that trained teachers. This is one of the reasons that the education program is so good. The program also gets the students out into the field within the first year of school, which is nice because it gives you a taste of working with kids and tutoring. Many other schools that I had considered didn't even offer secondary education majors let alone classes that got you out into the field within the first year.

BGSU has opened my eyes to different ways of thinking to be able to look through different lens and perspectives. Though it was not my first choice I have come to love Bowling Green and the campus because of the close knit, small feeling big campus mentality. It offers a great greek system, which is in turn my strongest support system at the same time offering great community service events and amazing friends.

The Arts Village and other learning based communities. These learning communities make excellent interest groups in which students can come together, meet new people, and have a good time. The Arts Village is filled with students who share an interest in art. Everyone is very open, and everyone would help someone in an instant if they need it. They also run alot of programs to keep students involved.

Bowling Green State University has many social activities here, we also have a lot of inturmerals that students like to play and meet new friends. The other schools there were no sports except for baseball, volleyball, and basketball. BGSU has every varsity sport. The community is very unique about doing things there. Sharing, helping out eachother. Very respectful.

What makes Bowling Green unique is that it is very family-oriented. The faculty and the students here are very welcoming to new students. When you began to bond with the people here, you begin to feel like you are at home. Also, the school spirit here is crazy! We support all organizations, whether it is sports related or small organizations.

The one unique thing about the school i chose over the other schools I considered while I was a senior in high school would have to be that Bowling Green offered one of the best nursing programs in Ohio. Espeically since BGSU is connected with Toledo University, I will get the highest education/degree possible for a Registered Nurse.