Bowling Green State University-Main Campus

« See more reviews of Bowling Green State University-Main Campus

Before coming to this school, I wish I had known that it is more of an education and business based school. I am interested in the medical field so had I known that my school was not quite as concetrated in this field I probably would have chosen a different school that focuses more on medicine. Also, I don't really like the fact that the city it's located in is considered a "college town" and is primarily made up of the university with little else to do around town.

I wish that I would have known more about theatre in high school. Coming from a background where art was not important, I felt that I was ill-prepared in my knowledge as compared to many of the other students. Luckily, the program at BGSU is very good and everyone helped me to learn so much more and get to the point where I am on the same playing field as my fellow classmates. I feel a lot better about this now than I did when I was just starting out as a Freshman.

The only thing I wish I had known is what I really wanted to do and that I didn't have to do what was easiest or what everyone else expected of me. I went to college immediately after graduation, and halfway through the program, decided it wasn't what I really wanted. After searching my soul, and deciding what I really wanted, I returned to school after nearly 10 years. I have completed my Associate's degree and I am nearly done with my Bachelor's degree.

I wish I would have known how much construction was going on. The routes to get to class are impossible to manage sometimes. Entire roads have been closed since the first day of school, fences are up everywhere, and the campus just looks ugly. I understand that the school is remodeling because of its centennial, but I don't agree with their choices of new buildings to construct. Classrooms need more updates than the sports arenas.

I wish I had known that most all of the classes were attendance based. I'm the type of student that can miss a good amount of school and still manage to pull off good grades. Therefore, the fact that a portion of my grade came from me attending class each and every day was a major let down because I was always given the impression that in college it was your choice to attend or not attend classes.

I wish I had known the extent to which my undergraduate studies would have an impact on my future goals. We are all told that the mere act of obtaining a diploma is important, though little emphasis is put into the quality and intensity of coursework and the effects it has in future school applications, job searches, and similar situations.

I wish I had gained more knowledge in regards to financial aid and overall financial knowledge. I believe, had I known more, I would have worked a little more and saved a little more to put towards my expenses, so I wouldn't be in such debt now. Also, I feel there would have been benefits to getting more involved in campus activities.

I wish I would have know that college is not like high school where you can do the homework and but not study and still pass the class. I also wish i sould of known that doing things like community service and other National honors society do make a difference when it comes to applying to jobs.

I wish I had known that some of the professors are not what I expected them to be. I also wish I had known that you have to live on campus for two years not 1 year like most other colleges.Also the grocery stores on campus charge outrageous prices.

I wish I had known that what I think and say matters, and that I felt more confident about speaking up in class. As I became more confident in myself and got more involved in class discussions, I got more out of classes.