Bowling Green State University-Main Campus

« See more reviews of Bowling Green State University-Main Campus

Bowling Green State University is an awesome university. There are many things that can be considered pretty great about the University. The main thing that can be considered the best is that they have an awesome education program. They try to get thier students into the field early so that they students can make sure that being a teacher is what they want to do. Also the education program is taylored for each area so that students can graduate with all the credits they need. They also make sure students have all the skills they will need for the future,

I think the best thing about BGSU is the amount of pride and school spirit. You can't go anywhere on campus without seeing someone completely decked out in brown and orange. We have spirit signs posted everywhere, our mascots walking around all day, and there's always something going on around campus. And the school spirit doesn't just stay in college...our alum are some of the most spirited alum ever. My brother-in-law went to BGSU and he is the biggest Falcon Fanatic you will ever meet! (He even considered naming his child Ziggy...!)

The size of Bowling Green is absolutely perfect. You really cannot beat going to a Division I school while being able to walk from one side of campus to the other in 15 minutes or less. It gives you the big school atmmosphere while making you feel at home in the BG family. Also being at a top division school gives many different opportunities to help boost your career or ust get it started off on the right foot. The size and atmosphere of BGSU is tough to beat.

There is always something to do that is affordable. I never felt like I had to spend a lot of money to enjoy my college experience. There are free on campus movies and all the athletic games are free admission for all students. You don't have to have a car to get downtown for the night life. It is pretty close to campus so you can just walk to and from or there is a 2-ride system that will pick you up and take you where you need to go for a small fee.

It's very easy to meet people. I really enjoy having fun and being social, and this school provides many outlets for that. If you're into partying, there is more than enough of that. If you have a particular interest they have so many clubs of people that share that interest. And if you're a very spiritual person they have a wide variety of religious groups with people of similar faiths that you can get to know and become good friends with.

The individual assistance made available to freshman to assist in the transformation from dependent living to independent living. Being the youngest in my family all business affairs regarding my academics were handled by my mother and my only concern was my grades. However, being in college away from home and mom I am now required to handle my own business and having someone to assist me in matters I'm unfamiliar with is a great comfort.

The best thing about Bowling Green is that it is teh sense of community and/or belonging. There are so many activites one can participate it and meet new people.Also, the school is not too big and not to small. When you really put yourself out there, you have the opportunity to network and make friends with a lot of people. Finally, everything you really need is on campus and the shuttle bus makes them easier to get to.

The music program. The professors are all distinguished performers andholf the highest regards in their field. They are personable, practical, kind , caring and almost parent-like. They are the only professors I have had that help their students no matter what the problem. Other programs I have encountered have not led on to that connection with their students.

I consider Bowling Green's campus size as its' best feature. Bowling Green campus is not so big that it takes a half an hour to get from one class to another, but not so small that all the classes are in a few buildings. The campus gives comfort to students who lived in a small town, and also give them an oppotunity to live in a larger community.

The best thing about BGSU is the feeling of being a student there. At BGSU we are like a family and we are a smaller community. I love how everybody is so kind and welcoming. I am a freshman this year and I already feel like this is my home, well it is, but not my hometown, but even when I first came to BG I knew I would love being here.