Bowling Green State University-Main Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Bowling Green State University-Main Campus

Adryan

I liked the campus and how close the Student Union was to my dorm. While the dorm was on the edge of campus, it wasn't too much of a walk for me to get to my classes. Everything was clean and the dorm I stayed at was quiet and had a lot of common rooms to go chill and hang out or do school work. They're really focused on academics and they want you to succeed.

kenna

Bowling Green is a great school for the price they charge. They are not a program with name recognition, and their academics aren't always something to write home about, but if you put in the work you can get a great education here, and from professors who care.

Melissa

BGSU is an amazing college that feels like home soon after you step on campus. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. The professors get to know you and they are always trying to help you. I have a professor who knows everyone's name in a 250 student classroom. The city of Bowling Green, Ohio is a very fun and safe college town. You can walk back from the bars at 3 am without ever feeling unsafe.

All of the buildings on campus are extremely well-kept - they are always clean and organized. The classes sizes vary depending on the course, but no matter what the class size is, the professors are always willing to help and answer questions outside of class. In regards to the college of education, the system is well set up and students are placed in the field starting their first year in order to observe professionals currently working in the field.

Courtney

I love the atmosphere on campus!

Alyssa

My overall opinion of BGSU is that it is an amazing school. It has a given me plenty of unique opportunities so far, both in academics and extracurriculars. I feel safe and welcome at BGSU and the people here have made my experience the best it can possibly be. I wouldn't wish to go to another school for my undergraduate career.

Shaniyah

Bowling Green State University is the best university that I have ever worked at. It is very student-centered and all employees are treated well. I would select the school for my child before considering any other Ohio school. The school is in a safe location and offers so many amenities to their students and support.

Shayna

Bowling Green State University has made a huge impact on my life. I was given the opportunity to attend plenty of other schools, but after attending Bowling Green and the experiences I was given, gave me a different and brighter aspect on my academics, Greek life, everyday life, and relationships I've even built with other students and teachers. Bowling Green State University is an amazing school because of the education and the work the teachers are willing to put forth to help you, the extra curricular activities, I'm a huge attribution to the Club Team, and the atmosphere is completely amazing.

natalie

Bowling Green State University is great for students who enjoy the feel of a sizable university with all the great amenities of a small university such as great professor to student ratios. The campus is a great size for someone who loves to stretch their legs between classes but without the need to sprint in order to make it to class on time. The professors and TAs are more than happy to work with students to accommodate their needs or answer questions. The student government, arts, greek life, and other organizations are very active on campus, allowing students the opportunity to try out a variety of different activities they wish to try. The food options are plentiful and good (in the way of college food). Just make sure to keep an eye on your food plan so that you do not run out of swipes or falcon dollars (falcon dollars is the mode of payment at BG for the meal plan). The falcon dollars can be used in the union for Starbucks, Jamba Juice, Panda Express, or others, which is convenient. The advisors are always willing to meet and help discuss your plan for graduation and help to make any changes or discuss any questions you may have. Overall, Bowling Green State University is a great college with numerous opportunities. Last piece of advice, watch out for the wind.

Sean

It is a large campus, yet very easy to navigate. It is quite inviting, but one can easily run out of things to do. Based on experience, Some teachers are very good at their jobs while others are not. Other people on campus are very nice, as mostly all students are included. A truly charming University.

Maria

I transferred to Bowling Green my junior year in college, and it was the best decision i could have made.

Julie

This university is beautiful in every way. The campus feels like home and the people are like family. Bowling Green was my first choice school. The academics are of a large variety, you name it, there's a large chance they will have it. The professors are amazing, they're all willing to go out of their way to help.

Kara

I think I made the most out of my experience here at BGSU. It all started with getting involved. Once I did that I began to meet new people and got exposed to many amazing opportunities. I wouldn't change anything about my experience. Fun can be found if you make your own. Your experience is based on what you make of it.

Ariona

I really love BG's campus. It is so beautiful and very well maintained. The class size is pretty small and all of my professors know me. The dining hall food sucks but the restaurants on campus are great. The worst part is the Financial Aid and Scholarship office they never out your scholarship on your bursar account unless you physically call them even though it it their job!

My overall opinion of Bowling Green State University-Main Campus is petty great. There are so many things that make up for the negatives such as the food. The dining halls on campus are usually "hit-or-miss" some days the food is great and others it is awful. But, the extracurricular activities make up for it. BGSU is known for their Division 1 hockey team as well as many other athletic teams. The campus also has an amazing Greek life program. BGSU is a no hazing campus for sororities and fraternities. The town of Bowling Green is also just a short walk down Wooster street and there is plenty to do down there every night. There is also always something to do on campus either a sporting event, a theatre production or a philanthropy event for Greek Life. The on-campus housing is pretty nice as well Centennial is an all-freshman dorm, there are bathrooms in the room so there is no need for a communal shower. Also, Falcon Heights is more of a suite style dorm it was in previous years only for upperclassmen but is now open to first-year students. There is also Greek Village right on campus, it is a little community of all the Greek Houses on campus. There are double rooms and single rooms with a full kitchen, laundry room, and living room. There are plenty of benefits to living on campus at BGSU it gives students the full college experience. Living away from home, being on your own for the first time and being able to make connections with others. So, my overall opinion of BGSU is that it is pretty great, it was my best decision to attend​ college here.

Miranda

I loved it! It took me a semester to warm up but once I got out of my shell, it was more than just an educational experience for me. There are lots of events being held on campus daily and you csn even catch your professors at some of the events. BGSU is like a big family, very close knit if you allow it. BGSU has a lot to offer, it's a well rounded university & I would recommend it to any and everyone.

Joseph

BGSU is a great place.

Kevin

Well if you are looking for a school big enough where you will meet new people every weekend and yet be small enough to know mostly everyone in your surroundings then this is the school for you. The party scene is vast and very fun. Everyone for the most part is also very into their academics. The student body is also very accepting of anyone.

Keilani

I think the Bowling Green State University is a beautiful, small campus that has a lot of ways for students to get involved and learn new things and cultures. However, I do think the administration could be better about addressing issues facing women, minorities, and the queer community. Overall, it is a good school.

Jalesha

Bowling Green Campus is calm and also a nice size campus . It's also a very good learning environment.

Lavelle

The campus is thriving with life and tons of daily activities. It's a very social place with friendly people and even friendlier wildlife. The campus has very modern technology and plenty of tools at your fingertips to help people learn in their own way. It's a safe place at all hours, whether it's midday or midnight. It has plenty of fields and places to engage in outdoor activities such as a friendly game or flag football or just star watching at night

Jaisha

Overall I absolutely love Bowling Green State University. There is something for everyone here. Whether you enjoy shopping, partying or just hanging around there's a place for you to do it. There is an opportunity for everyone and everything. Bgsu is a very diverse school which is another great thing.

Rachael

I generally enjoy the atmosphere of the campus. I am a bit introverted and may not be as well knowledgeable on the going-ons on campus but there is not shortage of events and ways to get involved on campus. Overall, Bowling Green State University is an ideal campus.

Juliette

Bowling Green is overall a great school. There is something to do for each type of person individually and everything and everyone tend to be very open and friendly and willing to help. The institution is very big on you being independent and you being an adult and making your own choices in your academic and even your social life but strives to be available to get its students to succeed as long as the effort is made by the student.

Caitlyn

"So," asked the girl to my right as we proceeded in an ice breaker game, "what made you choose Bowling Green State University for college?" Little did I know, this question was going to be a root question that followed me throughout the present and future years of attending BGSU. However, I don't mind the question! Sharing with others why I chose to attend BGSU and why I still love it is one of the best feelings. Traveling back to the moment where I first started researching colleges, the orange and brown colors caught my attention. The array of academic majors and minors that were available for the choosing as well as the extra activities that were lists and lists long was mind boggling. The dazzling pictures of the campus in all four seasons and the students crowded around a picnic blanket, seeming to enjoy the atmosphere and the company of one another. Something about this outside view of the campus made me feel like I was home. I decided I wanted an inward look at BGSU now that I already was won over by the outside view. From the moment I arrived onto Bowling Green State University's campus, I immediately knew this was where I needed to attend college. This feeling was only found through this school. Other college's I previewed did not acquire this experience. Maybe it was because of how friendly each person was on that day, or the way the historic facts played into my excitement of learning about the school. Maybe it was the high energized school spirit that all the students possessed or maybe it was because I felt accepted right away on campus. I saw myself walking to the dorms, to class, grabbing a bite to eat with friends and studying in the library for hours and hours. I imagined all the possibilities that I could achieve and accomplish at this school and I saw myself as a BGSU falcon. To this day, three, almost four years later, I still consider BGSU my home. Choosing to go to Bowling Green State University has been, by far, my best decision I have ever made in my life. Academically, socially and personally, BGSU has made me the person I imagined and saw that very first time I stepped onto campus. So , whenever I am asked the question, "why did you choose Bowling Green State University for college?" I answer, "Because I was born to be a falcon and I came back home."

Kathleen

I greatly love Bowling Green State University on Main Campus. The environment is wonderful and there's always something new to learn or see in classes or out of classes, even if a person chooses not to join a club or sport team. Food on campus can be a hit or miss, however this is greatly made up for in the large open spaces inside the dining halls or popular student hangouts. The clubs themselves are a great fun to be a part of and to see. I, myself, am a part of a club and the university staff, especially teachers and financials, help us in reaching out to all over the country to make connections and to learn/see more for what our clubs aim for.

Amber

I believe that combines the traditional college and college town together with a community sense of belonging. The campus is a nice size while also providing a medium sized town to keep everyone busy. Also, during my college search this school stood out to me and since beginning, I have been able to exile in my academic learning.

Kimberly

I really like the campus and the students here on campus. There is a really welcoming environment here and there are lots of ways to get involved and make some amazing friends. The food is pretty good, and that's coming from someone who is an extremely picky eater. Overall, I really love Bowling Green State University.

Kurt

Once you leave campus, there's nothing for miles but corn and maybe a bowling alley. However, the campus is beautiful, with new and high quality facilities. The dining hall food is alright, but the off campus options make up for it. Two words: Pollyeye's Breadsticks. The actual town of Bowling Green is small, but charming. The main downside to BG is the student health center, so try not to get deadly sick. Overall, I've found that the sense of community and (mostly) wonderful people at BGSU is enough reason to never want to leave campus anyway.

Kaela

Bowling Green State University has that small town easy going safe atmosphere. There is literally something for everyone here to do extracurricular wise, and if you want to start a new club, it is super easy to do. All of the faculty and staff on campus are friendly, approachable and super knowledgeable. I have only been here for one semester, but that semester has changed my life. I have learned a whole new perspective of viewing the world as well as myself and have learned things about myself and my strengths that I never knew before. Going to college is a huge step, and I am so glad I chose BGSU as my new home away from home.

Katie

I love being here at BGSU! Everyone is friendly, there are clubs and organizations for everyone, and we love our sports! I am also in a sorority and the Greek life here is awesome. Everyone supports each other and we are even getting new houses in the fall of 2016. There is a lot of construction going on right now, but the university is building new and better things to update campus.

Alaysia

Overall, I love it! I think it is the perfect school for me. With a balance between social life and academics, I feel like I am able to function both properly. This school has opened me up to so many more experiences and help me break out of my shell more. I would recommend this school to everyone.

Christiana

Bowling Green State University is an amazing institution to further your education with plenty of amenities to assist you on your journey through school. The professors are genuine and clear about their expectations. However Bowling Green State University lacks diversity. Seeing how I am a minority I would like to see more cultures integrated into the school. But the university does a great job with multicultural affairs for the minorities so you can find cultural similarities.

Justin

I truly think that BGSU is a great school. I haven't experienced a bad professor yet and the academic resources available are amazing. There are tons of amazing things to do on campus and I always feel safe. Though I do find parking to be almost unbearable at times, the overall atmosphere on campus is great and I would recommend BGSU to anyone.

Natalie

Bowling Green is quite small but the people who attend are absolutely amazing. There is an atmosphere of togetherness and you can definitely meet all different types of people here. Like most colleges, however, there can be certain people or situations that occur that are undesirable. This is very common at every school, however, so it just makes Bowling Green a more interesting place to live.

Brock

Bowling Green is the perfect sized campus for someone transitioning from a small high school, but wanting the full college experience. From just my three visits, I am thoroughly impressed with the faculty and facilities every time. I can't wait to become a full time student this fall!

victoria

It is a nice school but could work on being more diverse. Out of a class of 100 people there are usually only about 5 black people. I do love the food and available transportation to classes. We have a bus system with an app that shows where the buses are located and moving. Greek life is a major thing to be involved in at BG which is cool but only specific ones were allowed official housing.

Cheyenne

It was pretty to look at, but not lot of helpful things were happening. I went and visited because I thought it would be a nice option for the price. I was wrong. People were everywhere and when I had questions no one could tell me a definitive answer. It was more confusing than helpful and very unorganized.

Claire

I visited Bowling Green State University's main campus about three times before I moved there. The first time I visited I knew I wanted to be a student there, I instantly fell in love with the campus and I still fall in love with it more and more every single day (and that's not an exaggeration). The music program at BG is one of the best in the state of Ohio and it's so much fun. Of course, there's not just a music program, there are many majors to choose from, you will definitely be able to find a fit. There's always a crowd at any sporting event and all of the students love cheering on the team. There are so many extra curricular activities and clubs to join there's something for everyone. The classrooms vary in sizes but there are never too many students in one class, of course, every class is different, there will be hard classes and there will be easy ones just like any other college. The food is great, there are name brand food served as well as buffet-style dinning halls that can be a hit or miss sometimes but there is always an option for everyone, even the pickiest of eaters (I would know). Overall, BGSU is a great and diverse university with the most amazing, enthusiastic student body and I really think that anyone who would come here would fall in love just like I did.

Jared

I started going to Bowling Green when I was a junior in high school. The classes weren't easy but they weren't super difficult. I enjoyed going to classes and made friends in them that I see on campus every once in awhile. I am not involved in any of the parties, sorties, or different clubs. I plan to join a club next year and get more involved in BGSU.

Kelsey

I feel very welcomed there already. I recently finished freshman year and can’t wait to go back to complete the next three years! Moving away from home is a very scary thing, but I have so many friends, adults, and educators there to help me through it all.

A good, clean campus with plenty of friendly people willing to help if you need it! The dorms are very nice and roomy and there are so many hall mates to talk to! The Resident Advisers' are very easy to talk to about anything and everything, and they love if you tlk to them!

Joseph

A fantastic array of scholars, athletes, arts and music with social interaction at every corner. From a town who supports the college life but is beautiful enough to live in day to day. Windier than Chicago and more happening than boring cities around.

BGSU is a very friendly campus where everyone is willing to help each other. The president can be seen on campus usually and is very involved with the students. The faculty is willing to help you and work with your schedule if you cannot make it to their office hours. The campus is very safe and if you feel unsafe, there is an option to have a police escort when it's dark outside. During the weekends, there is always something going on on campus or in the community.

Kendall

Bowling Green is the perfect school for anyone looking for a college that isn't too big and isn't too small! Perfect for students going into Education as a major! It does get very cold and extremely windy in the Fall and Winter! So bring your parka!!

Oluwaseun

Bowling Green State University is located in a small college town. What keeps the town lively is the presence of students. During fall and summer break, everywhere is always boring because most students go home. The class size is very moderate. Students are encouraged to participate in extra curricular activities like sports, art festivals, etc. There is always an event every week on campus with free pizzas. The learning culture is great. The lecturers are easily accessible with their doors wide open during office hours. There are enough facilities that have been provided by the institution to enhance the students' progress in their academics, including funding. Most importantly, BGSU is located in a safe town of Bowling Green. This implies that you don't need to be scared while walking around the community because it's safe.

Heather

It's nice! It could use some work in the way that it handles certain topics and some professors could definitely stand to be re-evaluated. Mostly everything else is great, except the food in certain halls. Don't eat the food, just save your stomach and you. Don't do it.

Kirsten

Bowling Green State University is an excellent campus where people from all over can come together and join in community. The staff is wonderful and very accessible. Not to mention the buildings and resources are practically unlimited! There are always things to do on the weekends whether that be on campus or off.

Morgan

My opinion is Bowling Green is a school that is diverse and accepts all regardless of color, religion, preference and more. You can feel like yourself and get along and make new friends, as well as join groups that are very beneficial to your growth as a student and as an individual, the teachers are also there to support you in your growth and make sure you are moving forward in your journey of life. Yes this school may have its milestones that you may feel you cannot pass but understand college is never easy it takes work and prepares you for the real world of either competitive battles, emotional trials, financial trials, and so much more. Although Bowling Green State University fights to help each student prosper, you will never feel alone or feel like you can not succeed you have all the necessary tools you need in front of you.

Kenzi

It is a wonderful school. Great for a homey feeling without being stuck in a bubble. I've had lots of new experiences and made some wonderful friends. I would recommend this college to everyone because there is a wide variety of opportunities and everyone can find something they love. It is inclusive and accepting of everyone and would be a great fit for most people.