Bowling Green State University-Main Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Bowling Green State University-Main Campus

Maya

I haven't been at Bowling Green for very long but I already now that it is a great school. It was my top choice long before I even got accepted into the main campus. The teachers are fantastic at their jobs and they have a sense of respect for the students. The classes are challenging without expecting us to be absolute geniuses, there is variety in what they teach. Also if there is a club that you're interested in, Bowling Green probably has it. We are constantly advertising clubs and activities that happen on campus. It is an exciting atmosphere.

Rebecca

I think that Bowling Green has some great points, but also some bad points. I think the programs are very hit or miss, but the good ones are fantastic and well worth the money. The housing on campus is either very expensive or filled with mold problems, they also kick off upper-classmen due to the sheer lack of housing they have to offer. The food selection is actually very good, and the meal plans are worth it.

I had a great experience at Bowling Green State University my freshman year. The professors were very personable and friendly, and almost always available to help out during their office hours. The school overall was very diverse and there were plenty of opportunities to get involved, whether that be in a club, volunteering, or even taking part in activities that relate to your major. I definitely recommend living on-campus, I made so many friends just by meeting people who lived in the same dorm as me.

Libbi

Bowling Green State University is an amazing college. The students are very smart and use them in life and every day things. There are very smart and always being to help if needed. Overall the atmosphere and the people at Bowling Green State University is excellent.

meyona

Bowling Green is a home. I feel like I belong there and I feel welcomed. I always feel like I am not accepted but when I am at Bowling Green I feel the genuine love there. Everyone is loving and accepting to anyone. Bowling Green isn't just a college but its a family.

Brianna

Bowling Green is a very inclusive environment, and has made me feel welcome in every aspect of the word. I feel at home when I am there, and I couldn't imagine attending any other university. The academics make me feel challenged and I feel accomplished when I am successful.

Gianna

Ever since I have visited BG and made my decision to attend their 2 years ago, I have been nothing but in love with the school. Its facilities are extremely helpful and they have amazing food in their dining halls. The campus is beautiful and I feel extremely safe their even if I am walking back to my dorm at night. The BG perspective classes may be a little large, but once you enter your major classes they get smaller and you are able to become super close with professors and faculty. I would recommend this school to everybody.

Bowling Green State University is an incredible school. When I first stepped foot on campus, I immediately felt at home. BGSU is filled with many wonderful professors and students, so you don't have to go far to find assistance or someone to talk to. Perhaps the best thing about BGSU is that, because of the numerous clubs and activities available, it is not hard to find where you belong. Go Falcons!

Caitlyn

The Bowling Green State University-Main Campus is a great school, not only with good academic standings, but a good environment to be surrounded by. The facilities are neat, and well kept and the professors are easily accessible for any students need.

Matthew

Very good environment, good schooling as well. Gets really cold. Dorms are small.

Natalie

I am planning to attend this college in the fall of 2018. The staff here are experts, as far as I'm concerned, from the employees in the graduate office, to the department itself. I am excited to be a part of this university experience. I expect that my degree from BGSU will be invaluable in my future plans.

Kelci

Everyone on BG's campus is kind, helpful, and welcoming. I instantly felt at home here; the campus is beautiful and though it's big enough to have broad academic opportunities. It may not be a big university but you'll sure feel at home once you make a visit while still having the feeling of a close-knit community.

Amber

Bowling Green State University offers diversity and an overall challenging academic environment for students. One can expect to excel in academics and be able to create new experiences with new people. The student life on campus is thrilling and allows for individuals to be comfortable and find a forever home. People are generous and understanding to the community and campus life.

Angelina

It is a school built for growing and excellence. This school builds a foundation that can last for as I may want it for. It is welcoming and provides the education and pathway to move on in the reality of the real world. Bowling green state university itself deserves to give itself a pat on the back.

I love it here at BGSU. I love the atmosphere. Everyone is willing to help you no matter what the situation is. I am currently a freshmen, so I was very scared coming in. But, I quickly met some amazing people and it feels like home. I am so happy I made the decision to attend BGSU!

Jordan

I am currently a high school student planning on attending BGSU. I have visited the university many times, and I have not been let down at all. I love everything about the college, from the housing, to the opportunities available. I am very excited to graduate high school and become a Bowling Green Falcon!

Jordan

Bowling Green State is an outstanding campus. There are many opportunities to get involved on campus. Also the professors are extremely accessible along with the student body being extremely supportive. Finally, there is an outstanding amount of resources available to the students.

Bowling Green University has a beautiful campus and being a Music Education Major, my housing is conveniently located right across the street from the Music Education building. Furthermore, the recreation center is also close by so I can continue to stay in shape. My mother graduated from Bowling Green in 1993 and she may be as excited as I am about my choice of college. When we attended a Falcon Friday, I almost felt like I knew the campus thanks to her pointing out the various buildings. In addition, I have other family attending Bowling Green which will help me transition to campus life. The professors I have met appear to be dedicated to my success. All have been very professional and I am encouraged by their accessibility. I look forward to working closely with them to help me master my instruments and provide me with a strong future.

Allen

As an incoming freshman, I chose Bowling Green for a variety of reasons. First, it offered the degree program I wanted to pursue, a highly regarded one at that. It's large enough to support a competitive Division 1 athletics program, but small enough to still offer small class sizes and personalized attention. I was also accepted into the Honors College so there are many opportunities for me to build a network. Finally, I'll be given an opportunity to perform in the Falcon Marching Band, giving me a core group of friends.

Courtny

I am a current senior and have loved my time at BGSU. I would recommend my school to anyone. I have found the greatest friends and opportunities here. We have many great programs to choose from and have a diverse student body. Many of my friends have found great experiences through BGSU.

Joseph

Although it has taken me a while, I have finally been able to call Bowling Green State University-Main Campus my home. I am a second-year student here, and I have fallen in love with my life here. Everyday I am physically, mentally, and socially engaged. What really allowed me to call this institution my home was my friends and others that I hold close to my heart. Bowling Green can definitely improve on the quality of campus food and services available for students. Overall, Bowling Green is a really good school that is dedicated to flying its Falcons from the nest.

Kaela

Overall, Bowling Green State University is a good college campus to earn your undergraduate degree. When here, you are immediately immersed into the unique community within the campus. The small town of Bowling Green is so refreshing and cozy, it is almost like a home away from home. The campus is a size big enough to meet a new person every day, but small enough to recognize the people you walk pass too.

Grace

I love Bowling Green State University. They are a perfect fit for anyone and ensure that everyone feels safe! There are opportunities for involvement every direction that you look in. There are regular opportunities to view exceptional speakers, go to live concerts, and watch our Falcon sports. I am a proud Falcon!

McKinnell

Overall, Bowling Green State University is a welcoming, safe, friendly campus. I feel right at home here. All of my professors have created relationships with me to help me throughout the courses. They also put in extra time to help students better understand class material. The campus itself isn't too big or too small, it is just the right size. It feels just like home. I was afraid I would feel homesick all the time during this first year of college, but I didn't miss home one bit. I felt very comfortable and I feel like I belong here at BGSU.

I enjoy the energy on campus and in the classroom. My favorite thing is the fact that classes are small, because it invites more participation and discussion and students can actually develop a rapport with the professor. I also enjoyed living in the dorms because they encourage socializing with other students, which is very important.

Dejon

Overall, Bowling Green is a very safe environment. It's the perfect size, not too big or too small. You see new people everyday right along with the same familiar faces, but you never really get tired of the environment. Most of the professors are able to form a connection specifically to you, considering no two people work the exact same. The events are always exciting, and overall it exudes a family feel.

Mikayla

Bowling Green State University- Main Campus is an excellent campus with amazing teachers and opportunities. There are clubs and groups to ensure all students are involved and campus life is amazing. Very friendly staff and students will ensure your college experience is everything you had hoped it would be.

Carsen

I would say that my experience at Bowling Green State University has been average thus far. The food and professors are just ordinary and nothing really stands out as amazing unless you find the people who are very similar to you. I am not completely sure as to how good certain programs are here other than education because education is a very well known program here. The environment itself is very windy and cold so bring sweatshirts and coats. The learning experience good use the some work in my opinion, the instructors need to be more personable and interactive in the classroom. Overall Bowling Green is an average college.

sabrina

Bowling Green State University is an amazing environment to be in. there are so many different clubs and activities to get involved in there is no way anyone should ever be bored. The campus is small and the town it is in is just as small. I recommend it to everyone thats even thinking of college. everyone knows everyone and we all strive for each others greatness.

Madison

I love it here! If I could I would of gave it more then 5 stars. The campus is so beautiful, with gorgeous fall colors,and cute little downtown. Everyone that goes here are the nicest people you will ever meet. Everyone is always willing to offer a helping hand if you need it. It is a heavy heavy drinking school however, which if that bothers you most of the drinking happens off-campus. It is a very welcoming campus and I can't wait to spend the next several years here! GO FALCONS!!!

I love Bowling Green! I've only been there a semester, but it already feels like a second home. The campus is beautiful and feels safe, the dorms are comfortable, and I can always find something I like to eat in the dining areas. I've found several clubs that I'm interested in and I'm happy I have the free time to join them. Everyone I've met, whether student or faculty, have been very nice. The faculty have always helped me out when I needed it, and all my teachers are enthusiastic about their subjects and more than willing to help students out if we don't understand the material. The courses are great; interesting and stimulating. I'm happy about my major and my grades, and I'm excited to be at BG for the next four years, which is refreshing after high school where I dreaded going to class. In short, BG is great, both academically and socially.

Kathleen

Bowling Green State University is a lively and engaging campus to be a part of. Professors are involved and care about their students and make themselves available as resources. Extra curricular activities are common and diverse, from religious groups, to sports, to academic groups, to Greek life, to fun groups. There is always something going on. Students are friendly. The residence halls offer several living options and there are plenty of food choices. There are many on-campus resources including counseling, career centers and the library, to help students be successful. The university is safe and located in a town with plenty of high quality local businesses to frequent. At Bowling Green State University students are able to learn and grow with the help of faculty and peers while having fun at the same time.

J'Shon

It is a huge campus and it is filled with a diverse cultural and people. Professors will work around the student's schedule to arrange a meeting.

Andrew

BGSU has a small university feel with the conveniences of a larger city nearby. The campus is safe, well-maintained, and academics are stressed. There are lots of active student groups to get involved with and students are generally welcomed to participate in community events as well. Overall BGSU has done a great job of evolving with the changes in education and student needs.

Emma

Bowling Green State University is an amazing institution that encourages academic success, strong diversity, and ha a copious amount of student organizations that allows the students to engage with others. I am an out of state student who had transfer credits from a community college in Michigan and it was the most amazing thing when they accepted all of them.

Brooklyn

The overall campus has left me with an enjoyable experience. My biggest complaint is that there isn't a physical bookstore on the campus, so everyone has to order every book online. This is problematic as it has taken up to a month for me to get some of my books. Other than that, the student body is much friendlier than in high school.

Miranda

BGSU is an awesome school that I am proud to have chosen. Everyone on campus is incredibly friendly, and I feel as if I am always just a conversation away from making a new friend. I decided to live in the Honors Learning Community, which has been an awesome decision. It allows for me to be in smaller class sizes, and get to know my professors one-on-one. It is also easy to get involved on campus, no matter what you're interested in.

Alana

I love BGSU. i'm so happy I picked this college to go to. I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. it's not too big and not too small. it's the perfect size for us to walk to class or hangout somewhere. the farthest thing from me is about a 15-20 minute walk but there's always campus buses going around picking up students and dropping them off wherever they need to go. I wouldn't trade BGSU for any other school.

Madeline

I'm not very impressed. Granted, I am a transfer student from a small liberal arts school that I was in love with. Unfortunately, everything by comparison would most likely fall short. My teachers don't seem as approachable. They seem to be used to a hands-off classroom setting in general. I feel like I'm on an assembly line... just getting cranked in and cranked out. A big campus might work for some people. Not for me, unfortunately.

Zoey

The best way to describe this campus and town is a true hidden gem. Only those who attend will ever understand how amazing this place is. There is a perfect balance between academics and extracurriculars. The school its self is the perfect size, not too large and not too small.

Darnese

I feel as though that Bowling Green State University (main) could be a lot more diverse culturally. I also think that there should be a lot more activities and events for students to attend and go to for fun on campus. Sometimes, it may be a bit boring on campus due to the placement of the school itself. Also, I think that the surrounding area could be a bit more modernized and updated and a bit more fast paced. If you're interested in the homey, country styled lifestyle then BGSU is for you! Overall, the academics are pretty well and challenging but not extremely difficult. Recreational sports are a huge thing on campus, along with Greek Life. I also think that if you are not involved in any groups, sports, clubs and / or organizations you will feel out of place and bored. I enjoyed how the eco friendly and green thumb BGSU is and how many groups help support the efforts in saving the planet Earth. The housing in BGSU has gotten a lot better over the year(s), which is very important. The tuition is a bit pricey, but not nearly as expensive as OSU or any other state university. Overall, BGSU is not a terrible school but I feel as though that there are way better options. I think you should examine you major and study / research which college is best fit for your major!

Jenna

My overall opinion of the Bowling Green State University Campus is that it is a great place to live, the atmosphere is very positive and fun, and the students and staff are easy to engage in conversation with. I have been looking to get out of my shell, and the BGSU lifestyle has brought me out of my own personal bubble. This school is really helping me to be a better me, and it is definitely one of my best decisions.

Bowling Green State University has been an amazing experience. The people are kind and always willing to help, the professors want you to succeed and will help you do so, and there is so much activity happening all the time. There are always groups and organizations recruiting people and handing out free food. The organizations host fun events and there are also many campus sponsored events.

Maddison

Complicated. To much partying. Divided and racist school. They need to get the housing in order. Care more about students have better transportation for students to class in the winter. Help non-traditional students out. Don’t let teachers bully students. Stop the Frats from sexually harassing students.

Sydnie

I love bgsu and would certainly recommend it!

Robert

My overall opinion of Bowling Green State University-Main Campus is that it's a place that you can call home. It is a great size campus for students to interact with each other, go to class with each other, go to the student union and so forth. You also get to make friends that will be your friends for a lifetime, and make great memories. It is a great place to be for your academic success.

Lydia

My opinion of Bowling Green State University is that it is a great school for people looking for a quieter college campus. The campus is extremely easy to get around and it does not take long to walk to classes or to walk downtown if you wanted to hang around there. The education college is extremely good for people who want to be a teacher or an educator. Downtown is beautiful and they have great frozen yogurt! Classes are small and professors are great to answer questions. Living in the dorms can be difficult because some of the halls don't have AC and that makes for a very hot beginning of the year. However, some of the dorms do, so it just depends on where you live. Definitely try to make friends with people in your hall, it makes for a more interesting and fun school year!

Bowling Green State University was the college where I felt most at home. I know that when I attend the school in the fall of 2020, I will be extremely cared for and I will have supporters that make sure that I’m getting the most out of my time there.

Kaleigh

Overall, I think Bowling Green is a great school and I would recommend it to anyone wondering where to go to college. The campus is a bit big, but it feels very homey and it's very easy to learn how to get around. The academics are great and the people are super nice.

Bowling Green is a place that becomes your new home within a day. When I arrived for my freshman year I was so terrified that I was not going to make friends, I was leaving everything behind and basically had to start over. The first night a met a great group of people that I am still best friends with two years later. The five of us currently live in a house together. These people were not only my friends, but turned into my family. Bowling Green State University is a very welcoming campus, no one should feel out of place. During the first week their is an event on campus where all of the organization put stands out where students are able to join new groups and learn more about clubs/organizations. It is very important to not hide in your dorm room all day or make sure to keep your door open, so you can make new friends. The Campus is walking distance from downtown and has beautiful scenery. The only downside of bowling green is the wind, one time the wind was so bad it bent the hinge of my car door. So if you hate wind this is not your place. But overall Bowling Green is a campus I would refer to someone who wants to get out there and meet new people.