Bowling Green State University-Main Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Bowling Green State University-Main Campus

I have never felt more welcome and at home somewhere in my life. Bowling Green State University has facilitated one of the best years of my life. Everyone, there is dedicated to making sure you have the best possible experience academically, socially, and in every other way.

A'ryon

I chose the right school. I belong here at BGSU, i love being a falcon. I love the people, the food and all the exciting activities that go along with being a falcon. Being here at the university, I have gained self growth. I have learned to adapt and be on my own. My favorite thing here at BGSU is the BGSU hockey team. My friends and i attended our first ever hockey game and it was amazing. I think hockey is now my favorite sport to watch. A goal i have set myself for the remaining time of being a falcon is to do what makes me happy. I plan to do everything and anything with gratefulness and give it my all. Next semester, i plan to get more involved on campus. I plan to be apart of the cheerleading team and getting involved in sorority life. Overall my opinion of BGSU is great. The university encourages you to have big plans and to dream big.

Kelsey

I visited without even intending to go to BGSU, but after my visit I fell in love with the school. I’ve been there twice, and both times were absolutely amazing. The professors were kind and helpful, and several of them gave me ways to contact them if I had any questions. The students seem genuinely happy to be there, not like they were faking it. Academics are impressive, and parties don’t seem like a huge thing at all, so I liked that aspect. Greek life is optional, and it’s cool if you’re involved, but it’s cool if you’re not. I’m really excited to start life at BGSU, because it is truly a good school.

Kelsey

Peyton

To me, Bowling Green State University is community. Bowling Green is the place I call home, as well as my fellow Bowling Green citizens. It’s a place that allows us to express ourselves without being judged. Our motto, "Going Far", embodies our combined emphasis on helping each other, to push ourselves beyond our expectations, and to prove that we're capable of attaining our dreams. Communities only become stronger when individuals prioritize helping others. The "paying-it-forward" perspective has proven itself as a healthy mechanism to promote the wellbeing of the group, as a whole. As a Nursing student at BGSU, I hope to continue my desire to help others outside of the classroom. Communities contain clusters of closely-knit individuals, which can come in the form of formal organizations and informal interest groups. Churches, Veterans' groups, bowling leagues, reading clubs, and such are examples of these clusters. For me, the sisterhood of Delta Gama is a group of like-minded women that are active leaders in community service and a group of students dedicated to making the most of their time at Bowling Green, both while on campus and after graduation. The sororital bond that remains after graduation is a permanent bond to BGSU and its community spirit. I have learned that our dedication to the community extends past our time as an undergraduate. The IS the essence of the Bowling Green State University Spirit. To remain as a contributor for as long as possible and to pass this passion along to new students, so together, we can help the University Go Far. Communities which are well established and self-sustaining require organization, teamwork, and leadership; and nothing serves better to promote those qualities, and the spirit of belonging and unity, like competition. My years of playing lacrosse have instilled these values in me, and I was honored to bring this spirit to BGSU's Women's club Lacrosse team. When I look at my logo on my uniform, I am reminded that I'm not only competing for my team, but that I help represent the entire Bowling Green community. We are a strong campus that promotes a strong community spirit. Bringing the spirit of belonging together with the competitive spirit, I've helped bring fellow lacrosse players into Delta Gamma. This helps both groups and helps bring BGSU one step closer together. Finally, Communities require places to share knowledge, and working for the University as a clerical desk receptionist at the Learning Commons, helps maintain the University's spirit of inquiry. Students come to learn and share knowledge, which is the reason we're all here. We make the community. We ARE the community. And our spirit lives on through Bowling Green, long after we're gone.

Chloe

I love Bowling Green I know a lot of college kids like to brag about their own college but when I went to visit I immediately fell in love. The people are very kind and I had the opportunity to speak to a few professors before I even committed and I must say these people are the sweetest. The store for all the campus merch sells the best hoodies and I have few of my friends that graduated before me that actually go there. I am excited and overall in love with Bowling Green and I look forward to this fall semester when I get to move in.

Desiree

This college is an all inclusive experience with guides and spa to help you through the transition. The atmosphere on campus is positive and the staff are friendly and always happy to help or answer any questions you my have. There are also services offered for counseling and many majors and associations across campus so there are plenty of ways to get involved.

Mia

Overall, BGSU is really my home. I've heard rumors about it being a party school and less prestigious because of its affordability, but honestly, the daunting tales don't hold true! Firstly, EVERY school, to some degree, is going to be a party school, anymore. Second, the affordability doesn't have any correlation with the quality of education--it is simply an added bonus! We have very qualified instructors and a lot of developing resources for students. The class sizes really do just depend on the programs you're enrolled in and the professors, regardless of class size, seem to be very accessible via email, office hours, or their TA's. The school has so much spirit when it comes to campus activities and athletic events! We have countless student orgs, Living-Learning communities, Friday night activities, and a great band of sports fans (especially for football and hockey--talons up!). And I can almost guarantee that you wont find a single person on campus who doesn't love Freddie and Frieda Falcon!

Audrey

I love the university, it's safe and makes every individual feel involved. It's big enough to meet someone new every day, yet small enough to always see people you know. The dining locations offer a variety of tasty treats and the staff are friendly and understanding mentors.

Joshua

I love the campus. It has tons of great clubs and programs for just about everyone.Every single person there has someone to be friends with. Students are mostly here for there goals but also know how to make school fun. All the teachers are very helpful and the housing is very nice for the price you pay. A lot cheaper than others schools for room and board! And nicer too!

Cassidy

I am currently a freshman living on campus and have only been at BGSU for a few weeks but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT HERE! I admit I was a little scared to leave home and be away on my own but I have made a lot of new friends and there is plenty to do here to get involved.

Tyler

I have enjoyed my time at BGSU. I will begin my Masters of Accountancy in the Fall here and thoroughly enjoy the university. The accounting program is one of the best in the country and is AACSB accredited. Business people are involved in forming the curriculum and it relates well to the actual business world.

Victoria

When I first went to Bowling Green for a school project, I did not know what to expect. After leaving, I knew that was the school I wanted to go to. They offered so many opportunities, even helped me when I did not even know what I wanted to major in. After living there for a year and getting acclimated to everything, I can proudly say that BG was and is everything for me. It is a beautiful campus with helpful professors. I am looking forward to ging back this upcoming fall semester.

BGSU provides a well-rounded educational experience. They provide solid foundations in the prerequisite courses and give support to all students. The campus makes safety and diversity a priority and they truly care about their students physical and mental well being.

Kylah

My overall opinion is that its a very good school for academics at a lower cost than other schools. The school is very safe with buttons you can press if you're in harms way. Very inclusive school that does a great job at supporting people of all different backgrounds and sexuality's

Cecelia

I love BGSU! I am looking forward to being an actual student, not just a CCP student. There are a few things I am not horribly happy with, parking is less than desirable for commuting students, but the majority of the college is fantastic! The instructors are very helpful and want their students to pass.

Cozette

As a music major, I must say that the arts programs here are some of the best in Ohio! The dorms are generally very nice, but two of them (Kreischer and MacDonald) do not have air conditioning. Some people think that is a problem, but there are a few places, like computer labs, in the dorms that have A/C. They are well kept by the janitorial staff, and work orders are answered within a day or two. The Moore Musical Arts building is very nice, with almost all of the professors willing to help whenever you have a question. Overall, this campus is extremely welcoming to people of all religions, races, genders, sexualities, or anything else. There is a group for everyone here, and it doesn’t take long to find where you fit in!

Gianna

It is an amazing school with great opportunities. It shows how a bigger school can have small classroom sizes and still make every student feel important. All of the community is so welcoming and friendly. It also offers different majors that other schools do not offer and has a very low drop-out rate and a very high success rate. Overall, it is a great school that has many opportunities.

I love Bowling Green! Beautiful school with so many opportunities for growth and learning! I love all of the sports and clubs offered, the food options, the dorms, and the general atmosphere of the campus. I can’t wait to spend the next four years here.

Elton

My first year was amazing had a lot of fun and exceeded in the classrooms. Professors were really helpful and wanted to see you pass. People are really friendly and nice to talk to. It is in the middle of no where but there are still a lot of things to do. And honestly my first year was one I will not forget excited to be attending BGSU again next fall.

Emmy

The diversity is unmatchable.

I visited Bgsu because I am attending there in the fall. I love the campus and everyone is super nice. I am very excited to start in the fall. My advisor Katie Webb has been very helpful and able to guide me through everything. She was also able to answer all question that come up.

Jordan

BGSU wants to make sure everyone is involved in some way. The campus is known for being very inclusive when it comes to organizations, clubs, activities, sports, and many others. The take precautions when it comes to safety, academics, and anything else school related. The encourage people to come to this university and stay here.

Mckenna

I love Bowling Green State University, and with COVID-19 I cannot wait to be back on campus with everything back to normal. I love the atmosphere and the professors, I would recommend Bowling Green State University to anyone looking to go to college.

McKenzie

Bowling Green State University is a great teaching college. Their marching band is very interactive at games. Not all on campus housing has air conditioning, but portable air conditioners are allowed. Overall think it will be a good school to attend.

Robert

My overall opinion of Bowling Green State University Main Campus is that it is very welcoming, and it was the right fit for me. Before enrolling to this college, the times that I have visited on the college tour, I knew that I wanted to go to school at Bowling Green State University. Being on the campus was very welcoming from the very beginning and it felt like home for me and I didn’t want to go anywhere else as far as college. From that point on, I knew that this college was the best fit for me. Ever since my first year of college, I have made some good friends that I will have for a lifetime, we have stayed friends ever since and after we all graduated. The classes were great, I was amongst some of the best professors on campus, I have learned a lot and I would learn something new everyday while I was in the classroom. The resources outside of the classroom is the one thing that I would recommend everyone to use if they need help. The resources that can help you are visiting professors during office hours, going to the library if you need help on a research project or an essay, and if you’re an education major in need of printing off items for your lesson plans, there is the CRC in the education building that is open for all education majors to take advantage of making their lesson plans ready for their classrooms.

Payton

Hello my name is Payton Wisniewski. If I were to look back a year ago, I would not have called myself a leader. I was the captain of my softball team, but I struggled to be confident in my leadership abilities. Fast forward a year and I have grown immensely. As soon as I came to Bowling Green State University I had a support that I had never had. I began to do things every day that scared me. I started off going to the first business district meeting and decided to run for a leadership position. At the next meeting I had to give a speech in front of everyone. I got up there and tried my hardest to persuade this group of new people to elect me as their representative for the advisory council of the dean. Sadly, I lost, but I did end up getting on the advisory council for the business district. By the end of the semester I had four leadership positions within the five organizations I was involved in.These organizations have shaped me. In the past year I have been shaped into a true leader. BGSU has shaped me into a leader and offers many opportunities for leadership positions.

Andria

BGSU is one of those places that has everything you need, you just have to be willing to find it. There are plenty of involvement opportunities for students to get involved in, many will actually give students the opportunity to become a leader or executive member of them. The professors are generally easy to get in touch with, and most, if not all, are willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that every individual succeeds. However, coming to BGSU is not the easy way out. Coursework will challenge students and push them in ways that the may not be use to. If students want to succeed here, they will. BGSU is a college town with almost everything you could need within walking distance. The weekend party scene is a lot of fun if you're into that sort of stuff. Almost all bars downtown are 18+ rather than 21+. The students at BGSU will find any reason to go out to the bars. Passed your exam? Go out. It's your birthday on a Tuesday? Go out. Checked your mail today? Go out. Greek Life is just big enough but not too big, and you can really get to know many people in many different chapters than your own should you choose to join. The largest chapters have 80-90 members and those are the sororities within the National Panhellenic Conference. Food options are endless, and every food option is marked with common allergens if that is something you are worried about. The sport life here is exciting, with Men's Hockey and Basketball causing an uproar this year. Additionally, Women's Soccer took the MAC Title. Football games are fun, but since our team isn't always great, the BGSU students make the most of the tailgate.