Peoria, IL
Bradley University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bradley University

Shann

My classmates became the highest class of African-American students that enrolled at Bradley University that year, 1986, in the school's history.

Young lady, I've seen your future and although it is not all bad, a few differences in your choices going from this point forward will make a major difference in the life you are certainly capable of achieving. But only if you trust and believe what I'm going to tell you. This is me, or should I say you at 41 years old. We're working at a global manufacturing company in IT. So we are on schedule with our career goals, but a few changes in the choices you make in college need to be reconcidered in order to make the road to that choice, just a little bit easier. First of all, you must make a plan for your college life and stick to it. That plan should entail a study schedule that doesn't falter, no matter how grand the party may be. When you have questions or concerns regarding your classes, do not hesitate to seek guidance from your professor, they are there to assist you whenever you need them. The bottom line, GREAT grades allow you to write your ticket to any social or professional venue, so make studying your first priority!

I didn't realize that the school offered certain scholarships, until my daughter applied for the school and some of the scholarships. I guess my high school's counceling office was not as aware of the scholarships available as my daughter's high school guidance councelor was aware.

Rebecca

Bradley University is like a midwest city all in itself; you have that hometown feeling being there.

Apply for as many scholarships as you can! College educations are expensive. You just don't realize how much until you have to start budgeting that loan repayment.

Don't "wait a year"! Go now otherwise you won't go back for 7 years. It'll be easier now to go without kids, a husband, a job, and a house to take care of.

Julie

not in the best area of peoria. We have a high crime right just down each hill by our school.

Go through school. Don't stop after two years at a community college. Just stick through school and you will get done!

Nathan

I would tell myself to not feel pressure about what you are going to major in. You know that your parents support you no matter what you do, so just go to college and major in exactly what you want to do, not what other people want you to do. I would also tell myself to start studying hard, because the transition from high school to college is an immense one. It's one that not many Americans are ready for, and it's one that you aren't ready for either. I'd tell myself to not get stressed out over silly things and to just enjoy life as it happens. Don't get too worked up over everything. C'est la vie.

The best thing about this school is definitely the size. I chose to go to this school primarily because of the fact that you could go from your dorm to your classroom seeing both people you know and people you've never seen before. I didn't want to go to a large school where I was just a number, but I also didn't want to go to a small school where everyone knows you, and Bradley University fits comfortably in the middle.

The kind of person that should attend this school is the person who wants a healthy mix of fun and schoolwork. There's always something going on on or off campus on every weekend, whether it is alcohol related or not, and during the week we have many extra-curriculars to attend. We also have a challenging program for students, so it is good in that aspect as well.

My classmates are friendly and helpful and get along pretty well with eachother and their professors.

My school is probably best known for either its Engineering program and its affiliation with Caterpillar, or for its Basketball team and its history.

College is in some ways very like high school. You go to your classes, you do your homework, you have fun with your friends and your extracurricular activities. But in others ways, college could not be more different from what you are used to coming out of your senior year of high school. In college, no one wakes you up if you sleep in, no one meets with your teachers or checks your report card to make sure that you're not failing, no one buys all of your stuff for you, and no one makes you clean your room when it gets messy. You have so much more freedom, but it's not always a good thing. It takes so much more self-dicipline and focus to succeed in college than it does in high school. So go to your classes, do your work, and then have some fun on the weekends, because college isn't as easy as high school, but if you do it right, it will be a lot more rewarding.

Veronica

Any kind of person should attend Bradley. It is very diverse, fun, and highly educated.

The best thing about my school are the people. They are very friendly, always saying hi, and very kind. They always want you to be in their club, join a fraternity or sorority, and try to get everyone involved. I know this from expierience because I am a transfer student.

Alannah

My classmates are the most fun and diverse group of people I've met so far.

My classmates are the most fun and diverse group of people I've met so far.

I feel that choosing the right college could be one of the most important choices in a students life. It is like finding the perfect pair of shoes; if they fit right, you will have such a good time but if they are too big or too small or too flashy you will be too self-concious and uncomfortable to enjoy yourself. Students and parents need to remember that college will shape a persons lives and develop them into a functioning part of society. Go with your gut and visit/research all your choices.

The classes are really challenging. You HAVE to read all the text or you will probably fail and homework is pretty rare. Most classes are made up of only tests and quizzes.

One of the best places you will ever go

One of the best places you will ever go

students learn to live. get out and meet new people but stay focused on work though. however its not all about studing you have to have a life as well. Parents get ready your child is growing up and dont get concerned when they dont call home everyday it only means they are having fun and enjoying their new home. give them space and let them breath they will always come back to you dont worry

the help you recieve from the financial aid office they tell you one thing then change it. they give you hope for being able to pay for school then tell you to find another way to pay for it they cannot help you anymore

Rebekah

Bradley is best known for our basketball team and our nationally ranked speech team.

I didn't get into to my first choice school, and I'm glad I didn't. Finding a college should not be about the appearance or the reputation of the school. Finding a college should be about finding an atmosphere that each individual loves and wants to join. My freshmen year at Bradley University changed my life. I found professors that listen to me, friends that understand me, and a speech team that forces me to keep growing. I only hope that every student can find what I found--a place that makes me feel comfortable and makes me want to flourish. Once you have a school in mind, visit the school. Talk to people at that school who share your interests. Go with your gut instinct. Most importantly, once you choose a school, devote yourself to making it an even better place. Don't worry about the money; it can be repaid. Worry instead about everything you can possibly learn in four years and find the school that can help you on that journey. No matter where you go, ultimately the value of your college experience is up to you.

There is not much diversity. We are the most apathetic campus so there are never any rallies or political events or protests.

Dan

THe are fun and engaging they all are a lot of fun when you get to know tem.

THe are fun and engaging they all are a lot of fun when you get to know tem.

A person who likes to have a good time while alchol is not the most important thing in your life.

You just need to look at what you can afford and where your son or daughter feels most comfortable and if you have to spend a little more to make them happy you should do it/

Bradley University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.