Peoria, IL
Bradley University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bradley University

Nathan

I would tell myself to not feel pressure about what you are going to major in. You know that your parents support you no matter what you do, so just go to college and major in exactly what you want to do, not what other people want you to do. I would also tell myself to start studying hard, because the transition from high school to college is an immense one. It's one that not many Americans are ready for, and it's one that you aren't ready for either. I'd tell myself to not get stressed out over silly things and to just enjoy life as it happens. Don't get too worked up over everything. C'est la vie.

The best thing about this school is definitely the size. I chose to go to this school primarily because of the fact that you could go from your dorm to your classroom seeing both people you know and people you've never seen before. I didn't want to go to a large school where I was just a number, but I also didn't want to go to a small school where everyone knows you, and Bradley University fits comfortably in the middle.

The kind of person that should attend this school is the person who wants a healthy mix of fun and schoolwork. There's always something going on on or off campus on every weekend, whether it is alcohol related or not, and during the week we have many extra-curriculars to attend. We also have a challenging program for students, so it is good in that aspect as well.

My classmates are friendly and helpful and get along pretty well with eachother and their professors.

My school is probably best known for either its Engineering program and its affiliation with Caterpillar, or for its Basketball team and its history.

College is in some ways very like high school. You go to your classes, you do your homework, you have fun with your friends and your extracurricular activities. But in others ways, college could not be more different from what you are used to coming out of your senior year of high school. In college, no one wakes you up if you sleep in, no one meets with your teachers or checks your report card to make sure that you're not failing, no one buys all of your stuff for you, and no one makes you clean your room when it gets messy. You have so much more freedom, but it's not always a good thing. It takes so much more self-dicipline and focus to succeed in college than it does in high school. So go to your classes, do your work, and then have some fun on the weekends, because college isn't as easy as high school, but if you do it right, it will be a lot more rewarding.

Veronica

Any kind of person should attend Bradley. It is very diverse, fun, and highly educated.

The best thing about my school are the people. They are very friendly, always saying hi, and very kind. They always want you to be in their club, join a fraternity or sorority, and try to get everyone involved. I know this from expierience because I am a transfer student.

Alannah

My classmates are the most fun and diverse group of people I've met so far.

My classmates are the most fun and diverse group of people I've met so far.

I feel that choosing the right college could be one of the most important choices in a students life. It is like finding the perfect pair of shoes; if they fit right, you will have such a good time but if they are too big or too small or too flashy you will be too self-concious and uncomfortable to enjoy yourself. Students and parents need to remember that college will shape a persons lives and develop them into a functioning part of society. Go with your gut and visit/research all your choices.

The classes are really challenging. You HAVE to read all the text or you will probably fail and homework is pretty rare. Most classes are made up of only tests and quizzes.

One of the best places you will ever go

One of the best places you will ever go

students learn to live. get out and meet new people but stay focused on work though. however its not all about studing you have to have a life as well. Parents get ready your child is growing up and dont get concerned when they dont call home everyday it only means they are having fun and enjoying their new home. give them space and let them breath they will always come back to you dont worry

the help you recieve from the financial aid office they tell you one thing then change it. they give you hope for being able to pay for school then tell you to find another way to pay for it they cannot help you anymore

Rebekah

Bradley is best known for our basketball team and our nationally ranked speech team.

I didn't get into to my first choice school, and I'm glad I didn't. Finding a college should not be about the appearance or the reputation of the school. Finding a college should be about finding an atmosphere that each individual loves and wants to join. My freshmen year at Bradley University changed my life. I found professors that listen to me, friends that understand me, and a speech team that forces me to keep growing. I only hope that every student can find what I found--a place that makes me feel comfortable and makes me want to flourish. Once you have a school in mind, visit the school. Talk to people at that school who share your interests. Go with your gut instinct. Most importantly, once you choose a school, devote yourself to making it an even better place. Don't worry about the money; it can be repaid. Worry instead about everything you can possibly learn in four years and find the school that can help you on that journey. No matter where you go, ultimately the value of your college experience is up to you.

There is not much diversity. We are the most apathetic campus so there are never any rallies or political events or protests.

Dan

THe are fun and engaging they all are a lot of fun when you get to know tem.

THe are fun and engaging they all are a lot of fun when you get to know tem.

A person who likes to have a good time while alchol is not the most important thing in your life.

You just need to look at what you can afford and where your son or daughter feels most comfortable and if you have to spend a little more to make them happy you should do it/

Claire

Typical college students who, although they do work hard, like to party hard too.

As clich? as the saying is, college is all about finding who you are. After having completed my first year of college, I know this to be true. I also know that the process of finding, applying to, and deciding to attend a certain college is a difficult one. The most important piece of advice I have is that the student must make these decisions. Parents are there to help their student explore their options and open up their student's mind to new ideas, new types of schools that perhaps the student has not considered yet. However, the student alone must decide where he or she wants to go. I visited six campuses, applied to five schools, and was accepted to all of them. I decided to go to my school based on a feeling. I felt right there on that campus. Only the student knows how they feel at a particular school. My advice is to follow that feeling. Once at your school, be open, be friendly, work hard, and be yourself. Make the most of this new and wonderful time of your life!

The workload in technical majors is too much.

Patricia

Do not procrastinate looking at colleges, it is such a big decision that it should not be left until the Fall semester of senior year, trust me I kow. Start looking early or at least making decisions based on what size campus you are looking for and how far you want to be from home. So many people kept telling me when I found the "right" college I "would just know". It does not work out that way, at least it did not for me. In fact it took me my entire freshman year to realize I chose the right school. Pick a school that matches in the size, major, and most of all atmosphere you are looking for, but do not expect it to be an easy adjustment. Once you get to move in day and the first week of school everyone's experience is different so I cannot give you direct advice except to do the best you can, meet as may people as possible, and really get to know the people on your dorm floor. Freshman year is difficult because it is new exeriences, but enjoy these experiences they make freshman year challenging, unique, and fun.

The President's student alcohol plan is a little harsh and unrealistic for a college enviroment

Bradley is for students who are willing to learn yet want to find a happy balance between academics, social life, and campus involvement. Most of the students who attend Bradley are focused yet willing to put the books aside for a game of frisbee, volunteer oppurtunity or fraternity or sorority event.

Karla

When trying to pick the perfect college..there are many factors to consider. Do you like a small campus setting with more one on one interaction or do you like a large setting where you won't be noticed? Would you prefer living at home or on campus? Out of state or in state? Make sure your dream college has your major..thats number one. Overall just make the best of your college experience..mingle with new people and participate in a few extra-curricular activities. But the biggest hurdle in college is learning how to balance your social life along with your studies. Just create time management skills and you'll be just fine in college. Hey look at me? I made it through my freshman year. I'll admit it was kind of tough in the beginning but I quickly adjusted well and managed to make the Deans List.

Honestly nothing, because I knew all I needed to know about Bradley before I enrolled.

The small campus setting because I can get more one on one interaction from my professors to help me perform well in all of my classes. At most large universities, it's kind of hard to get noticed by your professors because it's so many people but at Bradley you get noticed right away.

Bradley University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.