Peoria, IL
Bradley University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bradley University

Great financial aid. Good facilities for a small school. Very close environment

Great financial aid. Good facilities for a small school. Very close environment

I would definitely have gotten more involved right away. I was too shy and timid to start the semester and while I started off with a small group of friends it was hard to stay in touch when I was always working off campus. I would have liked to try and find a way to work less throughout the semester to focus more on school and a social life. Unfortunately, I think that would have meant taking out loans, and it is hard for my family to get them. My experience at Bradley University would have been much more positive had I managed to get involved earlier.

It's not really in a "college town." There isn't much to do at night so most students either party or just hang out, which can get old. Some students don't take their education as seriously as they should considering Bradley offers a good education.

Anthony

I don't think theres much you would need to know before you came here. Oh besides look for jobs early, they go fast. Its nice to have one on campus for a little extra spending money on the weekends and to help out the parents with the bills.

Its a good size for classes, but it might be a little small for the social scene, even though there is plenty of parties hosted by the greek system. There is plenty to do at the school and they're introducing more sober weekend events for non-drinkers and people not associated with the greek system. Otherwise, its a great school to attend.

Always keep an open mind, dont burn bridges and keep friends close. Find a job, money is tight. Especially where you come from, its all on you and mom so keep those grades up. Apply for lots of scholarships and keep up with community service. Be a great leader, you didnt become and eagle scout for nothing. Keep the family close, they're the best resouce and the biggest support you have. Theres a time to party and a time to work, know how to balance your time properly. Stand out and speak up, dont fall by the wayside and miss opportunities. All of this is key, you have worked hard to get here. Don't let ma down, she has sacraficed a lot to get you here. Other than that just keep your head high and continue to work hard. Your littile brother is looking up to you to set the example for him.

Laura

Make good friends but make sure to stay close with the friends you have now. Study hard because if you don't your grades will never be as good as they are now. Get involved because you will love being involved. Do things for other people because sometimes others need help. Be careful with money because in college you will have none. Make sure you know how to manage your time because due dates will come sooner then you expect. Last but not least Have Fun college only comes once.

Shann

My classmates became the highest class of African-American students that enrolled at Bradley University that year, 1986, in the school's history.

Young lady, I've seen your future and although it is not all bad, a few differences in your choices going from this point forward will make a major difference in the life you are certainly capable of achieving. But only if you trust and believe what I'm going to tell you. This is me, or should I say you at 41 years old. We're working at a global manufacturing company in IT. So we are on schedule with our career goals, but a few changes in the choices you make in college need to be reconcidered in order to make the road to that choice, just a little bit easier. First of all, you must make a plan for your college life and stick to it. That plan should entail a study schedule that doesn't falter, no matter how grand the party may be. When you have questions or concerns regarding your classes, do not hesitate to seek guidance from your professor, they are there to assist you whenever you need them. The bottom line, GREAT grades allow you to write your ticket to any social or professional venue, so make studying your first priority!

I didn't realize that the school offered certain scholarships, until my daughter applied for the school and some of the scholarships. I guess my high school's counceling office was not as aware of the scholarships available as my daughter's high school guidance councelor was aware.

Rebecca

Bradley University is like a midwest city all in itself; you have that hometown feeling being there.

Apply for as many scholarships as you can! College educations are expensive. You just don't realize how much until you have to start budgeting that loan repayment.

Don't "wait a year"! Go now otherwise you won't go back for 7 years. It'll be easier now to go without kids, a husband, a job, and a house to take care of.

Julie

not in the best area of peoria. We have a high crime right just down each hill by our school.

Go through school. Don't stop after two years at a community college. Just stick through school and you will get done!

Nathan

I would tell myself to not feel pressure about what you are going to major in. You know that your parents support you no matter what you do, so just go to college and major in exactly what you want to do, not what other people want you to do. I would also tell myself to start studying hard, because the transition from high school to college is an immense one. It's one that not many Americans are ready for, and it's one that you aren't ready for either. I'd tell myself to not get stressed out over silly things and to just enjoy life as it happens. Don't get too worked up over everything. C'est la vie.

The best thing about this school is definitely the size. I chose to go to this school primarily because of the fact that you could go from your dorm to your classroom seeing both people you know and people you've never seen before. I didn't want to go to a large school where I was just a number, but I also didn't want to go to a small school where everyone knows you, and Bradley University fits comfortably in the middle.

The kind of person that should attend this school is the person who wants a healthy mix of fun and schoolwork. There's always something going on on or off campus on every weekend, whether it is alcohol related or not, and during the week we have many extra-curriculars to attend. We also have a challenging program for students, so it is good in that aspect as well.

My classmates are friendly and helpful and get along pretty well with eachother and their professors.

My school is probably best known for either its Engineering program and its affiliation with Caterpillar, or for its Basketball team and its history.

College is in some ways very like high school. You go to your classes, you do your homework, you have fun with your friends and your extracurricular activities. But in others ways, college could not be more different from what you are used to coming out of your senior year of high school. In college, no one wakes you up if you sleep in, no one meets with your teachers or checks your report card to make sure that you're not failing, no one buys all of your stuff for you, and no one makes you clean your room when it gets messy. You have so much more freedom, but it's not always a good thing. It takes so much more self-dicipline and focus to succeed in college than it does in high school. So go to your classes, do your work, and then have some fun on the weekends, because college isn't as easy as high school, but if you do it right, it will be a lot more rewarding.

Veronica

Any kind of person should attend Bradley. It is very diverse, fun, and highly educated.

The best thing about my school are the people. They are very friendly, always saying hi, and very kind. They always want you to be in their club, join a fraternity or sorority, and try to get everyone involved. I know this from expierience because I am a transfer student.

Alannah

My classmates are the most fun and diverse group of people I've met so far.

My classmates are the most fun and diverse group of people I've met so far.

I feel that choosing the right college could be one of the most important choices in a students life. It is like finding the perfect pair of shoes; if they fit right, you will have such a good time but if they are too big or too small or too flashy you will be too self-concious and uncomfortable to enjoy yourself. Students and parents need to remember that college will shape a persons lives and develop them into a functioning part of society. Go with your gut and visit/research all your choices.

The classes are really challenging. You HAVE to read all the text or you will probably fail and homework is pretty rare. Most classes are made up of only tests and quizzes.

Bradley University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.