Peoria, IL
Bradley University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bradley University

One of the best places you will ever go

One of the best places you will ever go

students learn to live. get out and meet new people but stay focused on work though. however its not all about studing you have to have a life as well. Parents get ready your child is growing up and dont get concerned when they dont call home everyday it only means they are having fun and enjoying their new home. give them space and let them breath they will always come back to you dont worry

the help you recieve from the financial aid office they tell you one thing then change it. they give you hope for being able to pay for school then tell you to find another way to pay for it they cannot help you anymore

Rebekah

Bradley is best known for our basketball team and our nationally ranked speech team.

I didn't get into to my first choice school, and I'm glad I didn't. Finding a college should not be about the appearance or the reputation of the school. Finding a college should be about finding an atmosphere that each individual loves and wants to join. My freshmen year at Bradley University changed my life. I found professors that listen to me, friends that understand me, and a speech team that forces me to keep growing. I only hope that every student can find what I found--a place that makes me feel comfortable and makes me want to flourish. Once you have a school in mind, visit the school. Talk to people at that school who share your interests. Go with your gut instinct. Most importantly, once you choose a school, devote yourself to making it an even better place. Don't worry about the money; it can be repaid. Worry instead about everything you can possibly learn in four years and find the school that can help you on that journey. No matter where you go, ultimately the value of your college experience is up to you.

There is not much diversity. We are the most apathetic campus so there are never any rallies or political events or protests.

Dan

THe are fun and engaging they all are a lot of fun when you get to know tem.

THe are fun and engaging they all are a lot of fun when you get to know tem.

A person who likes to have a good time while alchol is not the most important thing in your life.

You just need to look at what you can afford and where your son or daughter feels most comfortable and if you have to spend a little more to make them happy you should do it/

Claire

Typical college students who, although they do work hard, like to party hard too.

As clich? as the saying is, college is all about finding who you are. After having completed my first year of college, I know this to be true. I also know that the process of finding, applying to, and deciding to attend a certain college is a difficult one. The most important piece of advice I have is that the student must make these decisions. Parents are there to help their student explore their options and open up their student's mind to new ideas, new types of schools that perhaps the student has not considered yet. However, the student alone must decide where he or she wants to go. I visited six campuses, applied to five schools, and was accepted to all of them. I decided to go to my school based on a feeling. I felt right there on that campus. Only the student knows how they feel at a particular school. My advice is to follow that feeling. Once at your school, be open, be friendly, work hard, and be yourself. Make the most of this new and wonderful time of your life!

The workload in technical majors is too much.

Patricia

Do not procrastinate looking at colleges, it is such a big decision that it should not be left until the Fall semester of senior year, trust me I kow. Start looking early or at least making decisions based on what size campus you are looking for and how far you want to be from home. So many people kept telling me when I found the "right" college I "would just know". It does not work out that way, at least it did not for me. In fact it took me my entire freshman year to realize I chose the right school. Pick a school that matches in the size, major, and most of all atmosphere you are looking for, but do not expect it to be an easy adjustment. Once you get to move in day and the first week of school everyone's experience is different so I cannot give you direct advice except to do the best you can, meet as may people as possible, and really get to know the people on your dorm floor. Freshman year is difficult because it is new exeriences, but enjoy these experiences they make freshman year challenging, unique, and fun.

The President's student alcohol plan is a little harsh and unrealistic for a college enviroment

Bradley is for students who are willing to learn yet want to find a happy balance between academics, social life, and campus involvement. Most of the students who attend Bradley are focused yet willing to put the books aside for a game of frisbee, volunteer oppurtunity or fraternity or sorority event.

Karla

When trying to pick the perfect college..there are many factors to consider. Do you like a small campus setting with more one on one interaction or do you like a large setting where you won't be noticed? Would you prefer living at home or on campus? Out of state or in state? Make sure your dream college has your major..thats number one. Overall just make the best of your college experience..mingle with new people and participate in a few extra-curricular activities. But the biggest hurdle in college is learning how to balance your social life along with your studies. Just create time management skills and you'll be just fine in college. Hey look at me? I made it through my freshman year. I'll admit it was kind of tough in the beginning but I quickly adjusted well and managed to make the Deans List.

Honestly nothing, because I knew all I needed to know about Bradley before I enrolled.

The small campus setting because I can get more one on one interaction from my professors to help me perform well in all of my classes. At most large universities, it's kind of hard to get noticed by your professors because it's so many people but at Bradley you get noticed right away.

Melia

Something unique about my school is that it is a small campus. Therefore the students get more individual help with the teachers and academic advisors. And you pretty much know most students who attend the school.

When you begin your college search, it is key that you do your research on the college. For example, find out the location, its ranking, and what other people say about the school. Also make sure that you actually take time out to visit the college. Make sure you like it enough to the point where you can see yourself being there for the next 4 years. You will learn that food is everything so, ask about the quality of the food. Because, eventually you will get sick of eating Ramen Noddles! Also make sure that you will recieve the same financial package for the following year. Here's a hint, college is what you make it. So, get involved!! That way you make friends, create a social life, and will have something to do on your free time. Joining study groups is also a great way of meeting people from your classes. They are a plus because you are able to study with others. But don't let your social life effect your grades. You will have to learn how to balance you social life with your studies. That is a great skill to master.

That the inital financial package would be substantually reduced after my first year. Which put my mother and I in a financial bind for my sophomore year and casued us to move back in with my grandmother.

Michelle

Some were there to socialize with friends they only see because of that class, but most are there to pay attention to the material being presented.

Take the time to find out how far from home you will feel comfortable with, and maybe look into schools in that area. Also visit that campus because it may sound good online or in their brochure, but until you experience for yourself what could be happening everyday the decision shouldn't be final.

How close everything is, from the dorms to any building is less than 10 minutes walking.

Anna

Learn about the degree programs, and get involved.. the more involved you are, the more welcoming the community is.

Academically oriented, intelligent students, as well as creative artists.

Short Walking distances around campus.

Daniel

My name is Daniel Shore and as a senior with 20/20 hindsight I'd like to provide a few suggestions for choosing a college where you can ensure you will have a prosperous four years: 1) look at the program or department you're interested in studying. Academics is the primary reason to go on to, and pay for, a higher education. 2) Look at opportunities for practical experience. 3) This step requires visitng campuses--a very important/highly recommended part of the process--and that is to take note of that intuitive feel from your campus visit. Did the campus "feel" right. Yeah, it's not the most convincing argument, but that personal instinct goes along way. You have to feel comfortable to happily spend four years somewhere. Using myself as an example, my major is Radio/TV and thus, I chose a school with a strong TV broadcasting program, plenty of internship opportunities in a strong media market, and on my visit the people were friendly, helpful, and easy to talk to. Remember: students have the ability to make the most of their college experience no matter where they are at. Good Luck with your college search!!

My ability to get involved from the moment you step on campus, and with that, the ability to integrate all of it together. As a freshman, I got involved with the on-campus tv show, psych club, the activities council, a fraternity, and more. As a double major in psych and comm these are all interesting and intertwined passions of mine. I also am able to do some broadcasting, marketing, and stand-up comedy. I get to do everything I want to without obstacles. I even did some theater this semester. Everyone knows me and I love being so involved.

I have a very difficult time saying anything is the worst at Bradley. I love my whole experience. I suppose it's more the other people. Students are just so apathetic on campus. As part of Activities Council on campus and the budge review committee for student activities, I know that we spend nearly $300,000 every year on programming for the 5,000 students attending Bradley. However, over and over again it's frustrating to see minimal attendance at these events. The apathy seeps into environmental efforts and political efforts. That's gotta be the worst thing about Bradley.

Bradley University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.