Peoria, IL
Bradley University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bradley University

Karla

When trying to pick the perfect college..there are many factors to consider. Do you like a small campus setting with more one on one interaction or do you like a large setting where you won't be noticed? Would you prefer living at home or on campus? Out of state or in state? Make sure your dream college has your major..thats number one. Overall just make the best of your college experience..mingle with new people and participate in a few extra-curricular activities. But the biggest hurdle in college is learning how to balance your social life along with your studies. Just create time management skills and you'll be just fine in college. Hey look at me? I made it through my freshman year. I'll admit it was kind of tough in the beginning but I quickly adjusted well and managed to make the Deans List.

Honestly nothing, because I knew all I needed to know about Bradley before I enrolled.

The small campus setting because I can get more one on one interaction from my professors to help me perform well in all of my classes. At most large universities, it's kind of hard to get noticed by your professors because it's so many people but at Bradley you get noticed right away.

Melia

Something unique about my school is that it is a small campus. Therefore the students get more individual help with the teachers and academic advisors. And you pretty much know most students who attend the school.

When you begin your college search, it is key that you do your research on the college. For example, find out the location, its ranking, and what other people say about the school. Also make sure that you actually take time out to visit the college. Make sure you like it enough to the point where you can see yourself being there for the next 4 years. You will learn that food is everything so, ask about the quality of the food. Because, eventually you will get sick of eating Ramen Noddles! Also make sure that you will recieve the same financial package for the following year. Here's a hint, college is what you make it. So, get involved!! That way you make friends, create a social life, and will have something to do on your free time. Joining study groups is also a great way of meeting people from your classes. They are a plus because you are able to study with others. But don't let your social life effect your grades. You will have to learn how to balance you social life with your studies. That is a great skill to master.

That the inital financial package would be substantually reduced after my first year. Which put my mother and I in a financial bind for my sophomore year and casued us to move back in with my grandmother.

Michelle

Some were there to socialize with friends they only see because of that class, but most are there to pay attention to the material being presented.

Take the time to find out how far from home you will feel comfortable with, and maybe look into schools in that area. Also visit that campus because it may sound good online or in their brochure, but until you experience for yourself what could be happening everyday the decision shouldn't be final.

How close everything is, from the dorms to any building is less than 10 minutes walking.

Anna

Learn about the degree programs, and get involved.. the more involved you are, the more welcoming the community is.

Academically oriented, intelligent students, as well as creative artists.

Short Walking distances around campus.

Daniel

My name is Daniel Shore and as a senior with 20/20 hindsight I'd like to provide a few suggestions for choosing a college where you can ensure you will have a prosperous four years: 1) look at the program or department you're interested in studying. Academics is the primary reason to go on to, and pay for, a higher education. 2) Look at opportunities for practical experience. 3) This step requires visitng campuses--a very important/highly recommended part of the process--and that is to take note of that intuitive feel from your campus visit. Did the campus "feel" right. Yeah, it's not the most convincing argument, but that personal instinct goes along way. You have to feel comfortable to happily spend four years somewhere. Using myself as an example, my major is Radio/TV and thus, I chose a school with a strong TV broadcasting program, plenty of internship opportunities in a strong media market, and on my visit the people were friendly, helpful, and easy to talk to. Remember: students have the ability to make the most of their college experience no matter where they are at. Good Luck with your college search!!

My ability to get involved from the moment you step on campus, and with that, the ability to integrate all of it together. As a freshman, I got involved with the on-campus tv show, psych club, the activities council, a fraternity, and more. As a double major in psych and comm these are all interesting and intertwined passions of mine. I also am able to do some broadcasting, marketing, and stand-up comedy. I get to do everything I want to without obstacles. I even did some theater this semester. Everyone knows me and I love being so involved.

I have a very difficult time saying anything is the worst at Bradley. I love my whole experience. I suppose it's more the other people. Students are just so apathetic on campus. As part of Activities Council on campus and the budge review committee for student activities, I know that we spend nearly $300,000 every year on programming for the 5,000 students attending Bradley. However, over and over again it's frustrating to see minimal attendance at these events. The apathy seeps into environmental efforts and political efforts. That's gotta be the worst thing about Bradley.

Dana

Bradley is well know for it employment rate after graduation. It has a great reputations and can help you suceed in your career field.

Our economy isn't the greatest is has been, but that shouldn't hurt a student's desire to get a college education. I suggested planning your finances out as carefully as you can. There are ways to pay for college, you need to get out there and look for them! When visiting a college, spend a night or two there, and really feel out the campus life, don't just pick a college just because it's the best in a certain field. You need to feel comfortable there, and really feel like you could spend four (or more) year there. When you do get to college, don't hold yourself back from enjoying the atmosphere. Be Responsible. Many students don't know how to survive responsibly in an open atmosphere. Have fun but be safe. Enjoy college, it's the time of your life!

Watch your money. This school is not cheap. If you can get a job off campus you will be very happy. Book are very very expensive, if you can order them online or find them somewhere else cheaper, you will save lots of money. I would also suggest taking general education classes somewhere else to save money.

Kristin

My class my are very attentive and engaged in the professor every move.

My class my are very attentive and engaged in the professor every move.

First and formost, don't feel like you have to get drunk every weekend or every single time you go out. You don't. There are fewer people out there getting "totally smashed"than you think. You have four years of weekends to have fun and unwind - so take your time and whenever you have a study day before finals us the day to study not sleep it will pay off. Study abroad if you can because the experience is incredible. Get involved in organizations on campus never be afraid to show your talents with the organization. Become a part of your campus community. There are some fun and enjoyable community service events you may find that you love outside of campus. Also keep in touch with your parents they are your biggest fans and even become some of your closest friends in college. Finally remember don't work yourself to death but don't slack off because college is one of the greatest opportunities in life.

I wish i had know the exact cost of this school before I came.

Emma

My advice would be to determine a few main characteristics that you find extremely important the school have, and seek out schools that fit those characteristics, but select kind of a lot of them. And vary them as much as possible. Then simply go and visit those schools, nothing is more valuable, in my opinion, than a gut feeling.

The fact that it's small enough so that i get personal attention from my teachers and feel comfortable, yet big enough to provide a lot of opportunities

a white, upper-middle class person from a Chicago suburb who wants to join a fraternity or sorority. mostly.

Kim

Bradley is really a great school. It's just the right size so that you don't get lost in the shuffle but you don't get bored of seeing the same people every day. It's very diverse and there's always something to do. The teachers are great, as are the students. You'll always be able to find an eager helping hand.

The dorms aren't great quality. Sometimes the teacher's are a little tricky to get a hold of.

How diverse it is and how there are a lot of things that you can get involved in on campus. There's always something going on. There's always somewhere you can go to study.

Bradley University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.