Peoria, IL
Bradley University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bradley University

It claims to be "middle sized", meaning it has all that a bigger school offers, but with the individuality and one-on-oneness of a smaller college and I would have to agree with them on that counrt.

My most ardent advice to future college students is not to sell themselves short. I understand money is an issue, but I had to take loans out regardless of the college. If I had known that while I was in high school, I would not have let my parents influence me to stay in the state of Illinois. I would have gone to the best school I could have for what I want to do. Luckily, there is such a thing as grad school and I am afforded the opputunity to again choose a great place to earn a degree. Bradley has been a wonderful college and home to me, but it does not completely offer what I was looking for. Bottom line: dream big or go home.

Honestly, having to work with my advisors is the most annoying thing because I have three majors and it is a pain to have to see each one and work around them when I could easily do it myself.

John

I'm a Health Science major, so most of my classmates are middle or upperclass good looking white chicks who are fun to hang out with and date.

Really look into what size of college is right for you. A big impersonal school is a great place to get lost in the crowd and have a few really good friends, but if you would really like to get involved, matter, make a difference, and have a ton of friends during college I would say a small or medium sized school would be best. Also look at the ability to switch your major because you most likely will. Make sure they have a wide array of alternatives. I wouldn't worry too much about social life because you end up making your own no matter where you go. However remember that city schools without a tightly nit campus will not have much to offer you in the way of social options. Good Luck!

I wish that I had done a little more research on the career path I was planning on at the time. Bradley is small, but they have an amazing amount of different Majors to study.

Michelle

The Engineering School brought in a lot of students.

The Engineering School brought in a lot of students.

I went out of state for my education, and although I visited the school before enrolling, I wasn't prepared for the distance, with not being able to go home and see family and friends. I think prospective students should research schools, and maybe find a few campuses close to home and far from home, visit them, and consider how well they're going to fit in and how much they're going to miss their support group from home. Those first few months are key, making friends may not come easily for some, which can make the away-from-home experience horrible, and others will find it's the best thing that has happened for them. The parent's should support where they're child wants to go, let them know they'll be there if they need them. Students should feel like they're making a move towards independance, even if they're still depending on their parents.

I wish my high school had emphasized lecture notetaking. I had a variety of professors, some wrote their notes on the board, some had printed outlines, and some you had to pick and choose throughout the lecture what was important.

Casey

Visit a lot of different schools and go with your gut. You will know when you find the right choice for yourself. When you get to school just make sure you get involved in as much as possible. That is the easiest way to meet people with whom you have much in common.

One who is afraid of getting to know their classmates and professors

Erika

I would advise for parents and students to take their time in deciding but know you still have a deadline. Students do not need to have a set idea of where they want to go in life, they can find that on their own where ever they go, whether they decide to stay home or go away to school. Parents should encourage and go with their students to visit colleges so they can see where their student is thinking and how the school looks. This way the student will feel supported in his/her decision of where to go. the student should be comfortable when visiting a campus he/she should feel welcome not just thurst into the wolrd of another set of classes. Also be aware of the surrounding areas and where inportant places are like hospitals and banks and what their security force is like. You may want to check cell service too. Be ready for change, it should always be an enjoyable experience for both parents and students.

I wish I had more of an idea of what I wanted to study because I changed my major three times since first enrolling. this caused me to take on so many credit hours per semester in order to catch up so I could graduate on time. But the professors and students I encountered are some the best I have ever known and I would not change meeting them.

There is no particular type of person who attends Bradley. We all enjoy the smaller campus with only 6,000 students attending on average per year. We have great professors who are always available to us. Someone who attends this school needs to want to do well, and enjoy working with others, someone who is willing to voice their opinion because we all want to hear it.

Do not base your decisions about how the school looks or how many different parties there are. No matter where you go there will be parties. Base your decision one education. Education is the reason why you are going to college in the first place. Get as much out of college as you possibly can and continue your life knowing how hard you worked to get where you are now.

I wish I would have know that Bradley University provided a wonderful education, and that I should have taken advantage of every class I had.

The best thing about my school is that it is small. It is not too small though where you never meet new people. All my classes are in one place and close to campus and off campus.

Rebecca

I believe that students need to understand the reasons thier parents wish for them to go to a certain school, but ultimatly need to listen to thier own voice. I picked a school that wasn't soley art-based because my parents wanted me to get a "well-rounded" education. Because I listened to them and not my heart, my school carrer has been quite difficult. Even if you don't know what you want to do with your life, pick a school that will give you the best options for finding that goal. As for when you get to school, the first and most important rule to know is to remember to balance education with fun. Your school work will suffer if you don't figure out how to play with your friends too and vice versa. College is supposed to be the time of your life, so learn what that means to you and make it happen!

The worst thing about this school has to be the obnoxious fraternity and sororitiy folks, also... the campus food sucks.

Though I am an artist, those looking for an intense artistic experience need not apply. Bradley's general education requirements take up so much time that it's almost impossible to get a really good artistic education.

Make your career focus the main variable in your choosing, not cost. I chose my school because it's highly rated or my major, and has an almost 100% job-placement rating post-graduation. The bottom line is that you get what you pay for, so do not be afraid of student loans! Also, keep in mind the type of environment that you want while in school. A smaller school means smaller classes and more one-on-one time with professors, not to mention better equipment, typically, as well as having real professors teaching all of your classes instead of graduate assistants. A larger school provides a busier feel, because of more people. And most importantly, when you choose your school, and being attending, GET INVOLVED! Have fun, study, and enjoy your experience. It truly is life-changing.

There really is not a lot to do if you are not car accessible.

I wish I had known how boring that Peoria was, to be perfectly honest.

Bradley is a safe environment for sturdents to grow socially, emotionally, mentally, and academically.

In order to find the right school, you have to know what you're looking for first. If you are absolutely positive that you want to go to a small school, then look into colleges with a small population. Also, research your school. Make sure it can help you accomplish your goals as a student. Finally, look into the social scene; that will be the most memorable part of college. You're going to remember the people you met and the fun things you did in school, not the formula for a standard deviation from a statistics class.

The worst part of Bradley is its President's tyrannical reign.

Carolyn

A college should be somewhere you feel at home. You want it to be a place you will succeed and be involved in new adventures. Make the most of your college experiences by being open to those new adventures.

Bradley University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.