Peoria, IL
Bradley University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bradley University

Do not base your decisions about how the school looks or how many different parties there are. No matter where you go there will be parties. Base your decision one education. Education is the reason why you are going to college in the first place. Get as much out of college as you possibly can and continue your life knowing how hard you worked to get where you are now.

I wish I would have know that Bradley University provided a wonderful education, and that I should have taken advantage of every class I had.

The best thing about my school is that it is small. It is not too small though where you never meet new people. All my classes are in one place and close to campus and off campus.

Rebecca

I believe that students need to understand the reasons thier parents wish for them to go to a certain school, but ultimatly need to listen to thier own voice. I picked a school that wasn't soley art-based because my parents wanted me to get a "well-rounded" education. Because I listened to them and not my heart, my school carrer has been quite difficult. Even if you don't know what you want to do with your life, pick a school that will give you the best options for finding that goal. As for when you get to school, the first and most important rule to know is to remember to balance education with fun. Your school work will suffer if you don't figure out how to play with your friends too and vice versa. College is supposed to be the time of your life, so learn what that means to you and make it happen!

The worst thing about this school has to be the obnoxious fraternity and sororitiy folks, also... the campus food sucks.

Though I am an artist, those looking for an intense artistic experience need not apply. Bradley's general education requirements take up so much time that it's almost impossible to get a really good artistic education.

Make your career focus the main variable in your choosing, not cost. I chose my school because it's highly rated or my major, and has an almost 100% job-placement rating post-graduation. The bottom line is that you get what you pay for, so do not be afraid of student loans! Also, keep in mind the type of environment that you want while in school. A smaller school means smaller classes and more one-on-one time with professors, not to mention better equipment, typically, as well as having real professors teaching all of your classes instead of graduate assistants. A larger school provides a busier feel, because of more people. And most importantly, when you choose your school, and being attending, GET INVOLVED! Have fun, study, and enjoy your experience. It truly is life-changing.

There really is not a lot to do if you are not car accessible.

I wish I had known how boring that Peoria was, to be perfectly honest.

Bradley is a safe environment for sturdents to grow socially, emotionally, mentally, and academically.

In order to find the right school, you have to know what you're looking for first. If you are absolutely positive that you want to go to a small school, then look into colleges with a small population. Also, research your school. Make sure it can help you accomplish your goals as a student. Finally, look into the social scene; that will be the most memorable part of college. You're going to remember the people you met and the fun things you did in school, not the formula for a standard deviation from a statistics class.

The worst part of Bradley is its President's tyrannical reign.

Carolyn

A college should be somewhere you feel at home. You want it to be a place you will succeed and be involved in new adventures. Make the most of your college experiences by being open to those new adventures.

nick

Friendly and ready to help with any problems that you have.

Friendly and ready to help with any problems that you have.

Pick a campus that speaks to you and when you get there do not be scared to be outgoing. College life is what you make it and you can make life at college great or not so great so be ready to make life great.

Finding the college that is right for you or your son/daughter is about the feel. A college may look great on paper but that says nothing compared to the feel. My first college visit was to the college I thought I was going to. However, the moment I walked onto campus I knew that I hated it. When I came to Bradley, however, I knew instantly that it was for me. I feel as if people will know the feeling when they experience it for themselves. The school obviously has to have the appeal of cost, location, and academics, but a lot of the decision relies on "feel". We were given five senses for a reason, we should use them all to make decisions that affect us greatly. Make the most of your college experience. Go to floor programs, visit the campus social atmosphere, and join many organizations. You will never have the opportunity to see a band or movie for a low price right next door ever again. Take advantage of it all. Do everything! I repeat, do everything!

Katy

Know what you want to do after college before looking for a school. Deciding where you want to live and work after college should dictate where you choose to go to school. A school closest to where you want to live and work will be able to give you connections, but a school too far removed will make it difficult to end up where you want to.

Someone who grew up in Peoria who don't want to live far from home. People from India looking for a Master's Degree. People looking for a small college with few opportunities.

The high school I attended was more interested in students discovering their personal interests than this college, and had more opportunities.

Cassie

Finding the right college is all about the feel. Of course you need everything to look right on paper, such as academic majors, financial aid, size, etc. But when you walk on to a campus and you already feel accepted, cared for, and comfortable, there is no better indicator. Once you get to that place, it is important to reflect on who you truly are and what you want to do. There will be so many different kinds of people on your campus, so there is no need to pretend to be someone you're not. College is a time to enjoy yourself and figure out your mission in life. There will be so many resources, so utilize them while you can and make it the best experience for you.

I would suggest visiting the school you are interested in and really stay long enough to gain the atomosphere. Feeling it for yourself will really give you an idea of what it'll be like there every single day. It's also good to research the different majors offered and the quality of those majors. Many students switch majors at least once during their college career. My biggest mistake was rushing the process of visiting schools, and I didn't really learn too much about the social life on campus until I was already here. It was too late when I realized the school wasn't for me. Look at the clubs/organizations before accepting admittance because if you don't know anyone beforehand that is the best way to meet new people.

We have excellent opportunities for off campus housing.

Bradley University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.