Peoria, IL
Bradley University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bradley University

Bethany

Bradley is the ultimate school. The classes sizes are perfect for me and everything is located pretty centrally throughout campus. The classes aren't easy by any means so get to know the library! There is currently a lot of construction going on around campus but I think that it will soon be over. I'm a health science major and am already in a lot of science classes already during my fr. year so you'll know if you want to stick with that major or not. I love BU!

One of the only frustrating things that I can think of about Bradley University would be that the freshmen can't have cars on campus. If you have an off campus job, you can't apply for a parking permit but they are really slow about getting the permit to you.

I would make myself study a lot more. High school classes and the classes that you take in college are completely different. You actually have to study and know all of the material in order to get a decent grade in the class. I can say now that the library is where I am most of the time! I would also tell myself to be more spontanious and get more involved in the groups that were offered.

Justin

If I could go back, I would encourage myself to have pride and belief in myself. After leaving school to support a family, I felt regret every day. I left with frustration in my heart about my time at my first university because I felt as though I had no real worth. Since leaving my first university, I have gotten married, held a steady job, bought a house, and had a son. I did these things without a degree, which proves that it is what's inside you that is MOST important in life. As I face the future with my family, I know that the only way to achieve my dreams is to finish my degree. I have been a teacher's aide in my local middle school for 4 years, and I have rediscovered my passion for teaching. Had I had more pride and a stronger belief in myself the first time I attend college, I would be persuing my master's degree by now and solidifying my place in the education community. I am dedicated to the education of young people, and I know that my 1-year-old son, Jensen, will benefit from my example.

Everyone is welcome! I don't think anyone should avoid Bradley.

DeVry University is the school I have been wanting to go to since I graduated High School.

I have gotten so much out of my college experience. I hated my High School years because my school wasn't that great and thought college was going to be pretty much the same thing. Once I started college for the first time, I loved it so much I didn't miss a day of class. The teachers I had taught me about real responsibility. One teacher taught me that we had to be at least 15 minutes early to everything. She set her clock 15 minutes fast in order for us to follow that rule. Also, that you need to dress professionally and how to break bad habbits such as gum chewing. I love college.

The worst thing about my school is that it is in another state and I am not able to attend classes on campus.

Michelle

It may be small compared to others but has so much to offer.

It may be small compared to others but has so much to offer.

I found that my most valuable experiences thus far have been during my time spent at Bradley University. I completed my first two years of college at a community college, then afterwards chose Bradley as my transfer institution to earn my bachelor degree. It's amazing to see the differences between community colleges and universities; they're two completely different worlds. Although I did enjoy my time in community college, nothing compares to my experiences at Bradley. What is most fun about this is that I'm not done yet and am anticipating more great things to come this year.

There are always so many events for Bradley students to attend, and best of all, there's usually free stuff! Something that all college students would enjoy.

Brandi

The most frustrating thing about my school is the expenses. There is so much that you need while there that is not provided by the school or can find easily at a discounted rate.

Someone who is interested in meeting new people from all around the world should definitely consider attending Bradley. Any one who is looking forward to a new experience should attend.

Everyone wants to know what you have gotten out of the college experience. Personally I have gotten a lot more than I expected. For one, I have learned a great deal of responsibility. Whenever something went wrong while I was at school, or I needed to get work done on time for my classes my mom was not there for me like she had been before. I had to step up and do what I needed to accomplish the goals I had set. Another important thing I have gotten out of the college experience was being able to me people from all over the world. For example, not only have I met people from across the United States but I have also met people from Africa , India, and other places as well. It has been valuable to attend because I have learned things that I might not have otherwise learned, and it helped me get rid of the sterotypes of certain things and people that I have grown up with.

Amber

Bradley University is the most enriching learning expereince in the country.

Bradley University is the most enriching learning expereince in the country.

Nothing in life will ever prepare someone for college. It is truly something you have to live through to understand the significance. I have received the finest, yet, most difficult education in College. I have been able to meet numerous peers and get involved in activities that I care about. I determined numerous study habits, what time I can actually wake up for class, which professors give out extra credit, and which classes I need to go to. I learned more about myself in these past four months than I have in my eighteen years of life. College is not for the weak hearted. It takes dedication and discipline, but it is also one of the greatest experiences of my life. I am surrounded by people of my age, going through the same exact thing as me; I will never have this experience again in my life. Without college, I would have never become the person I am today, which is the most valuable aspect of college. Being at Bradley for four months has shaped and molded me into someone I am proud to call a BU Brave.

I brag about the imepecable staff, and students that attend Bradley University. I have my professor's home phone number because they are willing to help me no matter the hour of day. The students on campus are so friendly and warm, as well. Bradley University is a University where no matter where you grew up, you always feel like home.

Brittney

My university has some of the most talented and attentive professors I have ever met.

What I wish I had known isn't a reflection on my university, but my own interests and future goals. I wish I had realized my wish to pursue a French minor from the very beginning. However, I guess that's one of the great things about being "forced" to take a variety of classes - you have the opportunity to grow and discover yourself.

My college experience has afforded me the opportunity to pursue an exciting future. I have grown more throughout being in university than I ever could have imagined. I am now more focused, motivated, and productive. I am genuinely excited to utilize everything I have learned in my undergraduate work, and everything I have yet to learn in law school to do what I can to help others and enrich lives.

Nicholas

Often times I found myself frustrated by the lack of connection to the surrounding community. I worked both for a church down the street, and a coffee shop a few miles away, yet we rarely saw Bradley students. In general, students remained on campus for their entertainment and places to study.

My resume begins with my name and the name of the university I attended. The intent is that employers would look here and make their first judgment of me as college educated. Never during my interviews have I been asked to prove that I have retained any of the information so laboriously attained during those four years. In fact, the conversation has never dwelled for more than a few minutes on the subject of college academics. Yet without that heading, I would not even be given an audience. I believe this is because college functions not only as a purveyor of information, but most importantly as a powerful shaping, enhancing, and maturing experience. It is similar to a military boot-camp. In both places, attendees are taught not only practical skills, but vital characteristics and mindsets necessary for success. When an employer looks at the top of my resume, they assume that I am disciplined, hard working, a problem solver, and that I persevere. Though I was paying for academics, the true value of my college experience came from the less tangible lessons that are implied in the first lines of my resume.

When looking back at my experience with Bradley, I have mostly positive memories. However, I feel as though Bradley did not provide an overall sense of community. Though there were a variety of programs available for students to connect with, it seemed very fragmented. Those that were in fraternities/sororities found their identity there, those in sports found their identity in their teams, etc. As a result, there was not a strong feeling of being a member of the Bradley University community.

Michelle

A small friendly campus that offers alot.

A small friendly campus that offers alot.

I got more than I ever thought possible out of my college experience so far. I have had really great teachers from whom I learned so much, and met friends that I know I will be friends with for the rest of my life. Picking a good school is important and I know that I 've picked the perfect one for me. My education is very valuable and important and I know it will really take me places.

Mostly welcome week, at the beginning of the school year. It's a chance to sign up for clubs, meets tons of new people, and get free stuff!

Joseph

Bradley is a school which is just large enough but yet feels like a "close knit" groups of people who are there to work toward their dreams and aspirations with all of the conveniences you need to learn to live on your own and be independent.

I can only say that my first year of college has been an interesting learning curve. I guess I never realized how much I need to depend on myself and take responsibility for getting to classes, homework, and do it without being nagged by my parents. Learning to live with a total stranger and learn how to be flexible along with adapting to all sorts of situations. Utilizing skills my parents have instilled in me and thought at times were "stupid" but realizing that they may not have been stupid afterall. I have also learned that there is a time and place for certain activities such as "partying." Found out the consequences more through a roommate. I guess overall you could say that "I just grew up and matured some." Overall I learned that I could stand on my own and that college has allowed me that opportunity to achieve that.

You cannot really get prepared until you experience it yourself firsthand. You hear all kinds of advice but you can use it to help adapt to certain situations.

Bradley University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.