Peoria, IL
Bradley University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bradley University

Joseph

Bradley is a school which is just large enough but yet feels like a "close knit" groups of people who are there to work toward their dreams and aspirations with all of the conveniences you need to learn to live on your own and be independent.

I can only say that my first year of college has been an interesting learning curve. I guess I never realized how much I need to depend on myself and take responsibility for getting to classes, homework, and do it without being nagged by my parents. Learning to live with a total stranger and learn how to be flexible along with adapting to all sorts of situations. Utilizing skills my parents have instilled in me and thought at times were "stupid" but realizing that they may not have been stupid afterall. I have also learned that there is a time and place for certain activities such as "partying." Found out the consequences more through a roommate. I guess overall you could say that "I just grew up and matured some." Overall I learned that I could stand on my own and that college has allowed me that opportunity to achieve that.

You cannot really get prepared until you experience it yourself firsthand. You hear all kinds of advice but you can use it to help adapt to certain situations.

Jyl

It has taken a lot of sacrifice from myself and my family to attend college, but I know that by investing in my education now will only help me to prosper in the future. Through my college experience I have become a more disciplined and prioritized person. I also feel confident through my studies that I will be well prepared to do the job in the career field that I have chosen.

Bradley University is a school that is well known and respected in our community. I know that by attending Bradley University I will have a better chance at obtaining a teaching job once I graduate then if I attended a different university.

I guess, the only people who shouldn't attend Bradley University would be the students who are wanting to complete a program that Bradley doesn't offer.

Violette

Since I have started Midlands Technical College I have learned valuable information that I know I would not have without enrolling in classes. My first semester the most important thing I learned is how important it is to study, in high school that was never a big issue since the work was not all that hard. In my first semester I finished with a 3.3 GPA and knew I wanted to do better. My second semester was similar to my first and I was still getting the hang of college; I finished that semester with a 3.3 GPA as well. My third semester I decided to really buckle down and work hard, I finished that semester with a 3.8, making only one B and four A's. I am currently in my fourth semester and am learning more and more everyday. I hope to finish this semester off with a 4.0 in order to get a good scholarship when I transfer to Clemson University. College has changed my life and the way I feel about myself, I am so grateful that I am able to have this experience.

Matthena

College is a great place to further your education. It is a great place to meet lifelong friends. College also puts you in tough situations that you will need to figure out for yourself, it really is a growing process. You learn how to make decisions without the aid of your parents. It is a stepping stone to getting you to realize how the real world will be, and how it is not a piece a cake, like we would like it to be. There is always a consequence for your actions and you learn this at college. Sometimes you will have to bear with the things handed to you and your parents will not be able to fix everything like they used to. Really college is just the place for a teenager to turn into an adult.

The only thing that I dont like is the size of the school, it is small but not too bad. I wish it were bigger.

Just trying to manage all the classes that you have, and gettting your homework done on time. The time that is allowed for studying is kind of difficult because you sometimes have more than one quiz of exam in the same day.

Jose

Well behaved group and willing to learn the material and succeed.

Well behaved group and willing to learn the material and succeed.

The Best thing about my school is the amount of help available, you have your roomate(s), counselor, academic advisor, instructors and also classmates and friends.

I have recieved alot of knowledge on life, that it isn't easy and that you must strive to better myself in order to achieve my goals. I learned to make due with what i have and that it will always be challenging. It's been so valueable to me because I know that without attending college I wouln't get far, I would never have realized how important an education is in order to properly provide for my future family.

Denise

It helped me grow not only academically, but also socially. Bradley itself offers many opportunities to expresss yourself through many different groups. There is a gaming gruop that would meet and play computer games together, a water polo club for those who still want to participate. You name it, they have a club, or you can form a club. The numerous opportunities allow someone to really try something out, or continue participating, as well as really allows you to express yourself. What I also love about Bradley is that it really prepares you for life after Bradely. They have a career center that constantly sends you opportunities, as well as teachers that are more than willing to write you a recommendation. On that note, the class sizes are almost always small enough that the teacher really gets to know you as a person. This means finding a teacher to write a recommendation is very easy, as well as the teachers are more than willing to really help you succeed in their class. All together Bradley University allowed me to really find myself as a student and a person, and I would not trade my experience for the world.

Probably exactly how the tutoring system worked. I definitely could have used it my freshman year when I started with chemistry. Although we had heard about tutoring, it wasn't until I became a tutor myself that I really learned how they worked. The tutoring system has come to my aid more than one time when I was not struggling with a class necessarily, but trying to raise a grade from a B to an A.

Someone who is looking for a smaller school feel, while still obtaining many of the resources a larger school offers. We have a brand new exercise facility, and are constantly building new things, or updating things. Althugh Bradley may not be as aesthetically pleasing as other universities, the indoor facilities more than make up for the outdoor facade. Bradley really makes sure that it's students are successful. Professors are almost always able to meet, and you recieve two free hours of tutoring a week, which can take a B to an A, believe me.

Joshua

What to do different? What would I do? What to do different? And what to renew? Well here?s my advice, a few words for you Well here?s my advice, this is what you should do Wake up Joshua! You?ve got to work hard! Wake up Joshua! Don?t play the lazy card! College takes learning, listening a lot! College takes energy, discipline and thought! College costs money, an arm and a leg Its scholarship time! You don?t want to beg No scholarships there? Then its time for plan B It?s off to state college, (join the military) it?s free! Its good not to party, I?ve seen people fall Stay away from the drink, don?t touch it at all Be friendly, make friends! You will have much more fun Be kind and be courteous, you could find the special one Take advice from your parents, they wont lead you astray Don?t take their advice? Well you?re gonna pay Be positive! A good attitude, will get you far Be positive! You?ll do fine, wherever you are

Aniket

I wish that I had known that this school didn't offer research opportunities. I really want to do research but without any research experience that may be difficult.

The thing that I consider worst about my school is the cafeteria food and the living conditions. Not only that but it is very hard to get internships or jobs.

College life is way different than high school life. For one thing you are self independent. Be prepared to make choices without your parents being their to guide you along the way. Hopefully you make the right choices of doing your work on time and making something of yourself. Also, be open to meeting new people and connecting with people from different backgrounds. The biggest piece of advice I would give to my self is to use the time wisely. College is a new experience for many of us so find something that you really enjoy. That way you make new friends and become comfortable with this new atmosphere.

To any incoming freshmen entering the college life, make sure to always get out your homework and classes first. There will always be time for partying and having fun in college, but make sure that you get your work and studying done first. Also, get involved in many activities as you can, make yourself stand out as much as you can on your college application. College is not a cheap education, apply for many scholarships as you can, as well as financial aid. Having money to pay for your education is no joke. For the schools you are thinking about attending, try and visit those schools as much as possible to see if the school you are looking at is indeed the school you want to attend. I would apply to all the schools that you are thinking about plus more. After all of that, good luck on your college search.

What I wish I would have known before coming to Bradley University is that I wish I knew how to set up my schedule better for the first semester. I also I wish I would have known how to get around campus more and known the area of Peoria a little bit better. I also wish I would have known what professors were good professors and what professors were not that great.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the dorm hall that I am currently staying in for the 2009/2010 school year is that it is out-dated. It is often cold in my room, causing me to have to wear two layers of clothes sometimes and that there is a draft that comes into our room from under the door, often making it colder in our room. Another thing that is frustrating about my school is that the grocery store right across campus closed down, making grocery shopping very difficult for students without a car.

Kelly

My class mates are just like me looking for a more personal experience in learning and the close interaction that Bradley allows.

Most college students see the transition from high school to college the hardest. I myself felt unprepared for this major life style change. Going from high school where everything was handed to you to college where you have to keep track of all your assignments, it was very overwhelming. If I have the chance to go back and give myself advice there would be a few things I would say. The main thing that killed me my first semester was my studying problems. Throughout high school I was never taught the right way to study for me and I wish I had so I could have improved on it in college not learn it. Another big thing is that the schools should teach the seniors differently than the other students in high school. The teachers are always saying they are preparing us for college but in reality they are not. I wish my senior year of high school was taught like college professors teach with a syllabus and everything they do to challenge us. Most of all I would have saved much more money!

The best thing about Bradley is the size. With the student to teacher ratio being so small it is easier to get to know your professors and other students in the class. It is a great school if you are a more social person and like interaction because with Bradley it is all about being active in the campus in and out of classes.

Bradley University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.