Peoria, IL
Bradley University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bradley University

Joshua

What to do different? What would I do? What to do different? And what to renew? Well here?s my advice, a few words for you Well here?s my advice, this is what you should do Wake up Joshua! You?ve got to work hard! Wake up Joshua! Don?t play the lazy card! College takes learning, listening a lot! College takes energy, discipline and thought! College costs money, an arm and a leg Its scholarship time! You don?t want to beg No scholarships there? Then its time for plan B It?s off to state college, (join the military) it?s free! Its good not to party, I?ve seen people fall Stay away from the drink, don?t touch it at all Be friendly, make friends! You will have much more fun Be kind and be courteous, you could find the special one Take advice from your parents, they wont lead you astray Don?t take their advice? Well you?re gonna pay Be positive! A good attitude, will get you far Be positive! You?ll do fine, wherever you are

Aniket

I wish that I had known that this school didn't offer research opportunities. I really want to do research but without any research experience that may be difficult.

The thing that I consider worst about my school is the cafeteria food and the living conditions. Not only that but it is very hard to get internships or jobs.

College life is way different than high school life. For one thing you are self independent. Be prepared to make choices without your parents being their to guide you along the way. Hopefully you make the right choices of doing your work on time and making something of yourself. Also, be open to meeting new people and connecting with people from different backgrounds. The biggest piece of advice I would give to my self is to use the time wisely. College is a new experience for many of us so find something that you really enjoy. That way you make new friends and become comfortable with this new atmosphere.

To any incoming freshmen entering the college life, make sure to always get out your homework and classes first. There will always be time for partying and having fun in college, but make sure that you get your work and studying done first. Also, get involved in many activities as you can, make yourself stand out as much as you can on your college application. College is not a cheap education, apply for many scholarships as you can, as well as financial aid. Having money to pay for your education is no joke. For the schools you are thinking about attending, try and visit those schools as much as possible to see if the school you are looking at is indeed the school you want to attend. I would apply to all the schools that you are thinking about plus more. After all of that, good luck on your college search.

What I wish I would have known before coming to Bradley University is that I wish I knew how to set up my schedule better for the first semester. I also I wish I would have known how to get around campus more and known the area of Peoria a little bit better. I also wish I would have known what professors were good professors and what professors were not that great.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the dorm hall that I am currently staying in for the 2009/2010 school year is that it is out-dated. It is often cold in my room, causing me to have to wear two layers of clothes sometimes and that there is a draft that comes into our room from under the door, often making it colder in our room. Another thing that is frustrating about my school is that the grocery store right across campus closed down, making grocery shopping very difficult for students without a car.

Kelly

My class mates are just like me looking for a more personal experience in learning and the close interaction that Bradley allows.

Most college students see the transition from high school to college the hardest. I myself felt unprepared for this major life style change. Going from high school where everything was handed to you to college where you have to keep track of all your assignments, it was very overwhelming. If I have the chance to go back and give myself advice there would be a few things I would say. The main thing that killed me my first semester was my studying problems. Throughout high school I was never taught the right way to study for me and I wish I had so I could have improved on it in college not learn it. Another big thing is that the schools should teach the seniors differently than the other students in high school. The teachers are always saying they are preparing us for college but in reality they are not. I wish my senior year of high school was taught like college professors teach with a syllabus and everything they do to challenge us. Most of all I would have saved much more money!

The best thing about Bradley is the size. With the student to teacher ratio being so small it is easier to get to know your professors and other students in the class. It is a great school if you are a more social person and like interaction because with Bradley it is all about being active in the campus in and out of classes.

Christina

As a high school senior, I was a hard worker, always keeping my eye on college. I already knew that I was going to major in psychology so I had already begun looking up careers. I always had a large homework load and I never had time to socialize. If I were to go back in time and talk to myself I would say to continue working hard because it will all pay off in the end. Overall, my transition into the academic aspect of college went very well, but the social aspect not so much. Therefore, I would also tell myself to find time to hang out with friends, because upon entering college, it will be ten times more difficult to see them and spend time with them. Along with socializing more, I would tell myself to open up more and stop being quiet. In college, it can be quite lonely when you don't have many friends.

I think this school is perfect for almost anyone, especially people that like close relationships with his/her professors. Someone that likes a small community feeling would like it as well. People that like to party should not attend though because this school does not have many parties or activities going on.

How friendly the faculty is, how small the classes are, how the campus is not too big or not too small

Laura

Bradley is best known for its sports teams, specifically its basketball team. Not only the student body, but the faculty and the community are involved and supporting of the Braves Basketball team. Especially after a final four appearance a few years back, the Peoria community and the students have all become highly interested and united through Bradley basketball.

Going into college, I was naive to the distractions that living on campus presents. Everyone always says that senior year of high school is supposed to prepare you for college academics. When I first got to Bradley, the workload was comparable to high school and I was optimistic about my grades. After a few weeks, I realized that high school could not possibly prepare students for real college life. High school did not prepare me for living with a roommate, a constant social scene, and trying to get work done with music blaring from the room next door. If I could go back, I would advise my younger self to learn and focus on time management. I would not advise myself against campus activities or other social gatherings, but I would definitely recommend centering myself around my academics and implementing effective time management.

The worst thing about Bradley is the high rate of crime. The campus police focus their attention on other aspects rather than the dramatic amounts of crime that occur on campus. Walking at campus at night is not safe and one should always be with a group of people. Recently there have been car chases, stick-ups, and muggings all on campus property, making for quite an unsafe learning enviornment.

Bradley University is a high quality learning institution that well prepares its students for success in their future.

So far at Bradley, my classmates have been divese and each unique.

Be proactive in searching for the right college. Make visites and do research. Once in college, make goals for yourself and be optimistic. Have confidence in yourself but don't be afraid to seek help.

John

the school isnt in the best part of town. its in downtown peoria

the school isnt in the best part of town. its in downtown peoria

balls to the wall. drive it like you stole it

its a private school so you get the attention that you need with the smaller class sizes. and you have just the right amount of students to have a good amount of resources provided to the school.

Sean

It is a nationally recognized school that offers a home-town feel. I like that it is one of the best engineering schools in the state, the class sizes are on the small size, and that the staff really care about each student's success.

The most important thing to do is focus on your academics. Don't let your social life or sports become first in your priorities. Getting a good GPA is important to land a prestigious internship and future job. Take every opportunity to ask questions and get help from professors and student tutoring, whenever necessary. Not doing do because of shyness or pride is wrong. Do absolutely everything possibe to succeed. It is your future.

It is too close to my home since I grew up just six miles away.

Todd

In a typical class at Bradley University my classmates are ery diverse. Everyone has come from a different walk of life and has many dfferent experiences. Almost all students are here to learn an the students who aren't are weaved out very quickly. Classmates are usually engaging with the pofessor and willing to ask many questions. Alot of classes are very difficult and classmates typically form groups to help with the workload.

If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a high school senior I would tell my self to stay focused. They are so many distractions in college that can lead you away from your school work. It is also very easy to follow those distractions when you don't hav your parents watching your every move. I would alo tell myself that college is nothing like high school. The amount and time you must put forth in order o attain the grade you want in college is close to triple what you would have to do in high school for the same grade (except for a F, same amount of work required fot that). The last thing I would tellm younger self is to utiize as many resources as possible. They are there for a reason and designed to help make the workload a little easier.

I believe that Bradley University is for students who want a small college with a big college feel. Even though Bradley's campus i small it offers many of the same things a larger university would. Stuentas who attend Bradley are typically more carreer diven and don't have much emphasis towards sports.

Bradley University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.