Peoria, IL
Bradley University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bradley University

Matthena

College is a great place to further your education. It is a great place to meet lifelong friends. College also puts you in tough situations that you will need to figure out for yourself, it really is a growing process. You learn how to make decisions without the aid of your parents. It is a stepping stone to getting you to realize how the real world will be, and how it is not a piece a cake, like we would like it to be. There is always a consequence for your actions and you learn this at college. Sometimes you will have to bear with the things handed to you and your parents will not be able to fix everything like they used to. Really college is just the place for a teenager to turn into an adult.

The only thing that I dont like is the size of the school, it is small but not too bad. I wish it were bigger.

Just trying to manage all the classes that you have, and gettting your homework done on time. The time that is allowed for studying is kind of difficult because you sometimes have more than one quiz of exam in the same day.

Jose

Well behaved group and willing to learn the material and succeed.

Well behaved group and willing to learn the material and succeed.

The Best thing about my school is the amount of help available, you have your roomate(s), counselor, academic advisor, instructors and also classmates and friends.

I have recieved alot of knowledge on life, that it isn't easy and that you must strive to better myself in order to achieve my goals. I learned to make due with what i have and that it will always be challenging. It's been so valueable to me because I know that without attending college I wouln't get far, I would never have realized how important an education is in order to properly provide for my future family.

Denise

It helped me grow not only academically, but also socially. Bradley itself offers many opportunities to expresss yourself through many different groups. There is a gaming gruop that would meet and play computer games together, a water polo club for those who still want to participate. You name it, they have a club, or you can form a club. The numerous opportunities allow someone to really try something out, or continue participating, as well as really allows you to express yourself. What I also love about Bradley is that it really prepares you for life after Bradely. They have a career center that constantly sends you opportunities, as well as teachers that are more than willing to write you a recommendation. On that note, the class sizes are almost always small enough that the teacher really gets to know you as a person. This means finding a teacher to write a recommendation is very easy, as well as the teachers are more than willing to really help you succeed in their class. All together Bradley University allowed me to really find myself as a student and a person, and I would not trade my experience for the world.

Probably exactly how the tutoring system worked. I definitely could have used it my freshman year when I started with chemistry. Although we had heard about tutoring, it wasn't until I became a tutor myself that I really learned how they worked. The tutoring system has come to my aid more than one time when I was not struggling with a class necessarily, but trying to raise a grade from a B to an A.

Someone who is looking for a smaller school feel, while still obtaining many of the resources a larger school offers. We have a brand new exercise facility, and are constantly building new things, or updating things. Althugh Bradley may not be as aesthetically pleasing as other universities, the indoor facilities more than make up for the outdoor facade. Bradley really makes sure that it's students are successful. Professors are almost always able to meet, and you recieve two free hours of tutoring a week, which can take a B to an A, believe me.

Joshua

What to do different? What would I do? What to do different? And what to renew? Well here?s my advice, a few words for you Well here?s my advice, this is what you should do Wake up Joshua! You?ve got to work hard! Wake up Joshua! Don?t play the lazy card! College takes learning, listening a lot! College takes energy, discipline and thought! College costs money, an arm and a leg Its scholarship time! You don?t want to beg No scholarships there? Then its time for plan B It?s off to state college, (join the military) it?s free! Its good not to party, I?ve seen people fall Stay away from the drink, don?t touch it at all Be friendly, make friends! You will have much more fun Be kind and be courteous, you could find the special one Take advice from your parents, they wont lead you astray Don?t take their advice? Well you?re gonna pay Be positive! A good attitude, will get you far Be positive! You?ll do fine, wherever you are

Aniket

I wish that I had known that this school didn't offer research opportunities. I really want to do research but without any research experience that may be difficult.

The thing that I consider worst about my school is the cafeteria food and the living conditions. Not only that but it is very hard to get internships or jobs.

College life is way different than high school life. For one thing you are self independent. Be prepared to make choices without your parents being their to guide you along the way. Hopefully you make the right choices of doing your work on time and making something of yourself. Also, be open to meeting new people and connecting with people from different backgrounds. The biggest piece of advice I would give to my self is to use the time wisely. College is a new experience for many of us so find something that you really enjoy. That way you make new friends and become comfortable with this new atmosphere.

To any incoming freshmen entering the college life, make sure to always get out your homework and classes first. There will always be time for partying and having fun in college, but make sure that you get your work and studying done first. Also, get involved in many activities as you can, make yourself stand out as much as you can on your college application. College is not a cheap education, apply for many scholarships as you can, as well as financial aid. Having money to pay for your education is no joke. For the schools you are thinking about attending, try and visit those schools as much as possible to see if the school you are looking at is indeed the school you want to attend. I would apply to all the schools that you are thinking about plus more. After all of that, good luck on your college search.

What I wish I would have known before coming to Bradley University is that I wish I knew how to set up my schedule better for the first semester. I also I wish I would have known how to get around campus more and known the area of Peoria a little bit better. I also wish I would have known what professors were good professors and what professors were not that great.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the dorm hall that I am currently staying in for the 2009/2010 school year is that it is out-dated. It is often cold in my room, causing me to have to wear two layers of clothes sometimes and that there is a draft that comes into our room from under the door, often making it colder in our room. Another thing that is frustrating about my school is that the grocery store right across campus closed down, making grocery shopping very difficult for students without a car.

Kelly

My class mates are just like me looking for a more personal experience in learning and the close interaction that Bradley allows.

Most college students see the transition from high school to college the hardest. I myself felt unprepared for this major life style change. Going from high school where everything was handed to you to college where you have to keep track of all your assignments, it was very overwhelming. If I have the chance to go back and give myself advice there would be a few things I would say. The main thing that killed me my first semester was my studying problems. Throughout high school I was never taught the right way to study for me and I wish I had so I could have improved on it in college not learn it. Another big thing is that the schools should teach the seniors differently than the other students in high school. The teachers are always saying they are preparing us for college but in reality they are not. I wish my senior year of high school was taught like college professors teach with a syllabus and everything they do to challenge us. Most of all I would have saved much more money!

The best thing about Bradley is the size. With the student to teacher ratio being so small it is easier to get to know your professors and other students in the class. It is a great school if you are a more social person and like interaction because with Bradley it is all about being active in the campus in and out of classes.

Christina

As a high school senior, I was a hard worker, always keeping my eye on college. I already knew that I was going to major in psychology so I had already begun looking up careers. I always had a large homework load and I never had time to socialize. If I were to go back in time and talk to myself I would say to continue working hard because it will all pay off in the end. Overall, my transition into the academic aspect of college went very well, but the social aspect not so much. Therefore, I would also tell myself to find time to hang out with friends, because upon entering college, it will be ten times more difficult to see them and spend time with them. Along with socializing more, I would tell myself to open up more and stop being quiet. In college, it can be quite lonely when you don't have many friends.

I think this school is perfect for almost anyone, especially people that like close relationships with his/her professors. Someone that likes a small community feeling would like it as well. People that like to party should not attend though because this school does not have many parties or activities going on.

How friendly the faculty is, how small the classes are, how the campus is not too big or not too small

Laura

Bradley is best known for its sports teams, specifically its basketball team. Not only the student body, but the faculty and the community are involved and supporting of the Braves Basketball team. Especially after a final four appearance a few years back, the Peoria community and the students have all become highly interested and united through Bradley basketball.

Going into college, I was naive to the distractions that living on campus presents. Everyone always says that senior year of high school is supposed to prepare you for college academics. When I first got to Bradley, the workload was comparable to high school and I was optimistic about my grades. After a few weeks, I realized that high school could not possibly prepare students for real college life. High school did not prepare me for living with a roommate, a constant social scene, and trying to get work done with music blaring from the room next door. If I could go back, I would advise my younger self to learn and focus on time management. I would not advise myself against campus activities or other social gatherings, but I would definitely recommend centering myself around my academics and implementing effective time management.

The worst thing about Bradley is the high rate of crime. The campus police focus their attention on other aspects rather than the dramatic amounts of crime that occur on campus. Walking at campus at night is not safe and one should always be with a group of people. Recently there have been car chases, stick-ups, and muggings all on campus property, making for quite an unsafe learning enviornment.

Bradley University is a high quality learning institution that well prepares its students for success in their future.

So far at Bradley, my classmates have been divese and each unique.

Be proactive in searching for the right college. Make visites and do research. Once in college, make goals for yourself and be optimistic. Have confidence in yourself but don't be afraid to seek help.

Bradley University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.