Peoria, IL
Bradley University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bradley University

Bradley University is a high quality learning institution that well prepares its students for success in their future.

So far at Bradley, my classmates have been divese and each unique.

Be proactive in searching for the right college. Make visites and do research. Once in college, make goals for yourself and be optimistic. Have confidence in yourself but don't be afraid to seek help.

John

the school isnt in the best part of town. its in downtown peoria

the school isnt in the best part of town. its in downtown peoria

balls to the wall. drive it like you stole it

its a private school so you get the attention that you need with the smaller class sizes. and you have just the right amount of students to have a good amount of resources provided to the school.

Sean

It is a nationally recognized school that offers a home-town feel. I like that it is one of the best engineering schools in the state, the class sizes are on the small size, and that the staff really care about each student's success.

The most important thing to do is focus on your academics. Don't let your social life or sports become first in your priorities. Getting a good GPA is important to land a prestigious internship and future job. Take every opportunity to ask questions and get help from professors and student tutoring, whenever necessary. Not doing do because of shyness or pride is wrong. Do absolutely everything possibe to succeed. It is your future.

It is too close to my home since I grew up just six miles away.

Todd

In a typical class at Bradley University my classmates are ery diverse. Everyone has come from a different walk of life and has many dfferent experiences. Almost all students are here to learn an the students who aren't are weaved out very quickly. Classmates are usually engaging with the pofessor and willing to ask many questions. Alot of classes are very difficult and classmates typically form groups to help with the workload.

If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a high school senior I would tell my self to stay focused. They are so many distractions in college that can lead you away from your school work. It is also very easy to follow those distractions when you don't hav your parents watching your every move. I would alo tell myself that college is nothing like high school. The amount and time you must put forth in order o attain the grade you want in college is close to triple what you would have to do in high school for the same grade (except for a F, same amount of work required fot that). The last thing I would tellm younger self is to utiize as many resources as possible. They are there for a reason and designed to help make the workload a little easier.

I believe that Bradley University is for students who want a small college with a big college feel. Even though Bradley's campus i small it offers many of the same things a larger university would. Stuentas who attend Bradley are typically more carreer diven and don't have much emphasis towards sports.

Sharon

I would tell myself to work hard and get all the courses in High school to go on in college and get the degree easier on college. I would also tell myself to take what college degree I wanted and not take a degree just to please others.

Abigail

Our school is best known for its world class speech team. Because of its recognition our communication deparment has gotten a complete face lift and we have great teachers and technology.

Its a small campus but has enough kids to not feel like your in high school, but not to many that you are just a number.

I personally didn?t think that college would any different from high school. I had spent a lot of time not living at home, pursing different things. I felt that I was very prepared for my new life at college. But boy was I wrong! One of the first things I learned right off the bat is that you don?t have any structure at school. All of sudden I could eat, sleep, and go out whenever I wanted, which wasn?t very good for me. You definitely have to start planning things. I created schedules and lists so that I could be organized and make sure I got things done on time. Being prepared for everything made me feel less anxious about new things and more equipped for what life threw at me. By the end of the semester I was able to balance work and play and to make good decisions. Living at college helped see to that. But it would have been nice knowing all of this at the beginning.

Aaron

The most frustrating thing about Bradley is the drainage system. When it rains there are puddles everywhere. It's kind of a joke among the students but it really is a problem. It makes you cold when you walk out and get water all in your shoes but honestly that?s the worst thign about the school that I?ve come across so far. I really like the school and can't complain about anything else.

If I could go back in time and tell myself how to make the transition into college easier this is what I would say. Make sure you go to all of your classes. Missing even a couple will put you far behind and it won't be easy to get caught back up. Don't be afraid to go for help. Even though you're used to doing things yourself don't think that it?s a bad thing to get help. The work is much harder and if you get help when you need it then you won't be overwhelmed. Most importantly, try lots of new things. Joining new groups will help you meet people and are a lot of fun. Plus it will help keep you sane when you feel like all you have to do is work. You'll really enjoy Bradley so just keep up with your work and you'll do great.

The best thing about my school is definitely the size. The campus is really concentrated in one area and I don't feel like I'm going on a journey everyday just to get to my classes. Everything is really close and easy to find which is helpful being new to the school.

Maegan

i wish that i had known i would have to work harder than i did in high school. I also wish that i had known how important it is to get involved on campus.

If i could go back and offer some advice to myself i would suggest that I take a few moments to appreciate the beauty of the new things around me. i would also suggest hitting the library a little more. I feel that as a freshman I should have studied more and worked a little bit harder instead of assuming that i could skate by like i did in high school. Something that i think is important as well is getting involved on campus. I find that whenever i hear of a club or oppertunity that i miss i wish that i had gone and done those things. for this reason i feel that it is important to advise getting involved an experiencing as many things as possible. you only get to go through college once and the most should be made of it.

Any kind of person could fit into this school. As long as they are willing to work hard the school will benifit any person.

The advice I would give the old me would be to stay focused on what is important. Friends will come and go but your education is serious and there is no going back. I would also tell the old Ashley that she needs to start to take notes and pay close atteting to what she is being told in class becuase that information will be on an exam in the near future. The last thing I would tell the old Ashley is that she needs to get her prioities in order, you can have fun but you have to finish what needs to be done first.

I knew everything that I needed to know about the school.

The best aspect of Bradley University is the arts program. There are so many different ways you can go with the art program they have. That is the reason I chose to attend Bradley University.

Grace

As a high school senior I wish I would have applied for more scholarships. I never realized the costs of an education. It was very important to me to continue my studies and so going to college was not a question. Bradley is a private university and an expensive one at that! Although money had no factor in my decision to attend Bradley, I am now struggling with payments that keep me in school. Although I wish I had done more research about financial aid, I am aiming for the future in hopes of graduating with a much lighter burden.

My advice would be to follow your dreams. It's hard to see though the obstacles especially today. If you not only persevere but also look past the things that are stopping you from achieving your goals, then you will soar above all obstacles and even your dream career may become a reality. You have to open yourself up to new opportunities as they come. College may seem far away but you may have to make that big decision sooner than you think, and it?s up to you to prepare yourself for the things you may encounter. It is important to make contacts with representatives from the schools you're interested in attending and to show interest! Even if you do not know who you want to be in the future you need to express interest in learning, growing, and contributing in your own way.

Bradley University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.