Peoria, IL
Bradley University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bradley University

Grace

As a high school senior I wish I would have applied for more scholarships. I never realized the costs of an education. It was very important to me to continue my studies and so going to college was not a question. Bradley is a private university and an expensive one at that! Although money had no factor in my decision to attend Bradley, I am now struggling with payments that keep me in school. Although I wish I had done more research about financial aid, I am aiming for the future in hopes of graduating with a much lighter burden.

My advice would be to follow your dreams. It's hard to see though the obstacles especially today. If you not only persevere but also look past the things that are stopping you from achieving your goals, then you will soar above all obstacles and even your dream career may become a reality. You have to open yourself up to new opportunities as they come. College may seem far away but you may have to make that big decision sooner than you think, and it?s up to you to prepare yourself for the things you may encounter. It is important to make contacts with representatives from the schools you're interested in attending and to show interest! Even if you do not know who you want to be in the future you need to express interest in learning, growing, and contributing in your own way.

Traci

Bradley is a distinctive university that offers the best of both worlds -- the personal attention and individual care of a small university and the endless opportunities of a large university.

Seek out the knowledge of your professors and advisors. The faculty and staff are there to help you -- they are readily available and eager to do so. You will benefit in the immediate, but also in the future; and you will experience these benefits in both your personal and academic life. In terms of academics, making a 4-year course plan is key, and knowing your academic goal is incredibly important. The chances of timely success in obtaining your academic goals will increase tenfold if you seek the advice of the ones who have gone before you. In terms of your personal life, your professors can serve as mentors while you are in college, but possibly even more important is the networking that will happen naturally as you develop relationships with your professors. You will likely look back someday, perhaps after landing your first "real" job at the company your professor referred you to years ago, and realize how thankful you are that you knew that professor! You will be amazed at the incredible source of information that is accessible to you, waiting right at your fingertips if you will simply take the step to seek it out.

I love Bradley's small campus and intimate feel. As a student, you have instant access to an endless source of information and support through the faculty at Bradley -- you will never feel like "a number". The faculty and staff invest time and show incredible effort to know each student and to support each student individually and uniquely.

Diane

Bradley is best known for its engineering program.

Bradley is best known for its engineering program.

If you are interested in majoring in nursing or engineering, this school is for you. Also if you are Catholic this school has many groups on campus and religious services.

I would tell myself to take risks and apply to schools that would be called "reach" schools. I wish I would have just taken a chance and applied to that Ivy league school. I also wished I would have applied to more schools. Maybe I would have been happier at where I ended up. I also would tell myself to stop being so lazy and apply for scholarships because that would have lightened the amount to pay for college. I would have told myself to set higher standards and go after what I wanted. Rejection is definitely not the worst thing that can happen. Even if you do get rejected from a school, at least you tried. Better to have tried and failed than to not have tried at all.

Jackie

If I could go back to my senior year in high school I would prepare more. I would make sure that I took a full load of classes and perhaps make sure that some are Honors or AP classes. I think it would be very helpful if high schools could make it mandatory that seniors take seminars in organization, planning and time management! I think seminars like this would make the transition from high school to college very helpful! I would also take more seriously the fact that just because I did so good in high school it would not be the same in college! The college material is definitely harder and in larger loads than what I did in high school. I think more counseling would have helped me to better succeed my first semester in collelge. I had to learn a lot quick and unfortunatley the hard way! I now know that I have to stay ahead of my classes at all times! This semester I will definitely have to be working harder and stay more focused.

This is my first year attending this school - I personally have not found anything frustrating other than more counseling should be done for incoming freshman before we actually attend. Also more counseling to make sure that the right major is chosen.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is ... EVERYONE should attend this school! It is a great school. Small in size but great in character! For being a small private school it sure has a lot to offer students. I love it all!!!

David

Soccer, Engineering, Business.

Soccer, Engineering, Business.

College is much harder. Study harder and put more into your school work. Don't worry about making friends, they will come. Save more money, it will be tight. It's fun, but don't go overboard.

No football team. Football brings students and a lot of school spirit.

Lyndsey

Remember that home sickness only lasts for the first year of school. Go to a school where you will enjoy your time, and that has all of your passions available to you, while still getting a great education, regardless of its location. College, the first four years especially, is a once in a lifetime experience, so why not make it different and exciting? Remember to stay yourself, be passionate about things that are important to you, and find people who make you laugh and will be there for you. Stay focused on school, you are paying thirty thousand a year for it, but do it while making memories that make you smile when you look back on them.

The availability and personal quality to each class you are in. Most professors are 100% open to being in constant contact with students. They give out cell phone numbers, personal emails, etc in order to make sure you always have a way to contact them if you need to.

The 3:2 program for my major. It is basically three years bachelor's, two years master's, and in five years I will graduate with both degrees. My school is strong in my area of study, and the degree will mean a lot to my future.

Christy

Classmates at Bradley University are warm, inviting, friendly, talkative and your future friends!

The best thing about Bradley University is the ability for EVERYONE to get involved! No matter what your beliefs or interests are there is something for you! I truly believe I would not have been academically successful without my sorority sisters and other extracurricular activities!

College isn't easy! Picking the right university is a decision that will affect you for the next four years as well as your whole life! College is about academics of course, but it also teaches you social skills, and how to succeed in your future. You will meet friends you will have forever, build relationships with faculty that will teach you to believe in yourself and learn who you truly are! I first came to Bradley University in 1998, I failed out in 1999 after my Mom passed away from cancer. I returned again in 2002 and failed out again. I was petrified to return in 2007, in fear of recreating my past, but this time was different! I chose to focus on getting involved and getting to know my professors and classmates. My sorority sisters kept me motivated and taught me to be successful! My professors worked one on one with me when I needed help! I got involved and it TRULY made a difference! I graduated on December 19, 2009 with a 3.55/4.0 GPA and 100% believe I would not have been successful without the welcoming of the students and faculty at Bradley University!

vanessa

the most important advice i would give myself is to continue working hard and look and apply for as many scholarships as i can find because higher education is really expensive. I would also tell myself to give up some negative friends that held me back a little.

a good time person because bradley is all about seriousiness when it comes to academics

i wish i had known how hard it was going to be to pay for everything without having to stree about it.

Great financial aid. Good facilities for a small school. Very close environment

Great financial aid. Good facilities for a small school. Very close environment

I would definitely have gotten more involved right away. I was too shy and timid to start the semester and while I started off with a small group of friends it was hard to stay in touch when I was always working off campus. I would have liked to try and find a way to work less throughout the semester to focus more on school and a social life. Unfortunately, I think that would have meant taking out loans, and it is hard for my family to get them. My experience at Bradley University would have been much more positive had I managed to get involved earlier.

It's not really in a "college town." There isn't much to do at night so most students either party or just hang out, which can get old. Some students don't take their education as seriously as they should considering Bradley offers a good education.

Bradley University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.