Bradley University

« See more reviews of Bradley University

Their are many religious groups you can join there is a Hillel and a large Neumann center, which is very nice inside and a great place to relax if you are Catholic, connected to the Neumann center is a catholic church with a very good priest, I like to attend often, sometimes they offer free food. Their is a Christian fraternity/ sorority and many ethnic groups. It doesn't really matter if your parents are middle or lower class, because almost every college kid is poor. Bradley offers quick cash, which you can use at many stores for a variety of items. I don't feel like there is any norms in the cafeteria, as students eat whenever they feel like it. Bradley offers a variety of jobs on campus and off campus through job fairs, if anyone is strapped for cash.

Bradley's student body is very diverse. Although there are predominantly "white" sororities/fraternities and predominantly "African American" sororities/fraternities, but they don't interact with one another. There are also a lot of Christian/ religious student groups on campus, which can be overwhelming if you aren't Christian. But the Jewish student group, Hillel, is also big on campus too. Most students don't really dress up for class. Jeans are the prerequisite attire or even pajamas, if you're feeling lazy. Most Bradley students come from Chicago/ Chicago suburbs or St. Louis/St. Louis suburbs. Most students are middle class. There are a ton of political student groups that are very active on campus. It's a very liberal campus, it seems like, though.

LGBT students are very underrepresented, but I haven't witnessed any violence or even hatred towards the few I know. As for race, there are few Hispanics and few Asians, a good number of African Americans who all seem to stick together all the time, and the majority of the campus is white. Almost everyone at Bradley is from the Chicago area. St. Louis is also represented. The rest of mostly from small farm towns throughout Illinois and other neighboring states. The clothes worn to class vary by major. In humanity or science classes wearing pajamas is not uncommon, especially around tests. On the business side of campus, people try to dress nicer.

The Student body is very casual. Most people mainly where whatever they feel like. A lot of people tend to wear sweat pants to class or just jeans and a shirt. You will also see a lot of people dressed formally for internships or interviews. The only way a person would feel out of place would be if they were not involved, which is hard to do unless you never leave your room. All students interact with one another and though they live in different dorms or are involved in other organizations most people make a point to get to know and interact with students they do not know.

A lot of them are very set in their ways and use their voice to speak their minds. Sometimes, they don't consider their words and how it affects others, but a good chunk of the people know how to respectfully voice their opinions. Students tend to get very judgmental too, which should be brought down a notch cause it makes things a bit crazy, but it's only natural for people to judge. Otherwise, students are nice and willing to help in what way they can.

In a typical class at Bradley University my classmates are ery diverse. Everyone has come from a different walk of life and has many dfferent experiences. Almost all students are here to learn an the students who aren't are weaved out very quickly. Classmates are usually engaging with the pofessor and willing to ask many questions. Alot of classes are very difficult and classmates typically form groups to help with the workload.

Bradley is mostly white, upper middle-class kids. As I said earlier, it seems like almost everyone is from the Chicago area. I would classify Bradley as a fairly conservative school, but I though a lot of students considered themselves to be liberals. However, I think most of them said that just because they have a disdain for the Bush administration. I swear to God, every black kid knew every other black kid on campus.

Bradley's a mix of students. From people in farms in the middle of nowhere, iowa, to guys from the inner city, we have tiny bits of everyone. However, the vast majority are from somewhere, IL. Seems to always be some suburb of chicago. Poliltically, the more outspoken are left wing, but there is a fair share of right-winged people as well, and the real composition is probably more evenly split than one would thing.

Student body is not very cultured. Has gotten way better than before, but still not multi cultured body. Needs more work on getting other racial groups involved and attending than just focusing on African Americans. Asians and Latinos are very underrepresented and I feel are viewed lower. Most students come from the area or Chicago area. Some international students or out of staters.

None; I don't know; normal clothes?; yes; they're probably talking as if one big group, I haven't really seen any cliques here; Chicago suburbs; parents are probably upper middle-class, but not wealthy; I don't know or care, I am definitely not; not really, most of my friends are concerned with doing something they'll enjoy.