Bradley University

« See more reviews of Bradley University

Watch out for task force, they are undercover cops that pose as students to break into houses and stop parties, they will ticket everyone and I doubt you have $400 to give to the city (willingly). Our new alcohol policy is very strict so watch out, you can check it out at Bradley.edu The greek life is award winning and AMAZING. I won't say which house I am in but I highly recomend especially for men to go through rush, its informal and you will get loads of fun from going greek. Bradley is a non hazing school so don't let movie sterotypes detour you

Disregard anything about how campus life and drinking can be negatively portrayed. A few accidents have occurred at Bradley University that have resulted in the deaths of two students. This is becoming more of a political move rather than a safety move. Students at every college will party and when alcohol is involved accidents can happen. Since Bradley is located in Peoria and is very close to some large attractions, it is just more likely that accidents will occur. Know your limits but dont be too scared to go have some fun.

What caught my eye about Braldey was that it was a medium sized campus. It had all the features of a campus setting except it felt more close knit than a larger university. I like the fact that it is only about a five minute walk across campus. I really liked the friendly vibe on campus. Bradley felt more lively and more welcoming than the other universities I visited. Bradley was the only university where the tour guides bragged about how close of a community Bradley was, and that it was truly a home away from home.

Bradley is a great school in a perfect package. My only regret is that I didn't get to study abroad during my time at Bradley but I got to do it after I graduated anyways. Greek life is a big deal although there are rumors that the administration is trying to slowly get rid of it altogether. There are also rumors that the administration is trying to turn Bradley into a "dry campus" where any drinking would be prohibited. But while sororities/fraternities are on campus, this will never happen.

Underage drinking will probably become more and more difficult since the tickets are extremely expensive in Peoria and the new president is starting a new set of rules about drinking that are very strict. I personally think it's a little too strong. They're just going to force kids to hide their drinking more, and when they do it's going to be more and more irresponsible. Overall, I love Bradley. It's a great school and a great place to spend your college years.

Right now the Bradley administration is trying to abolish alcohol misuse and abuse (the underage drinking). Honestly, you cannot stop the underage drinking. If people want to drink, they will. Bradley implemented and extra fine with extra consequences if you receive drinking tickets at school. The only deterant that Bradley has is monitary fine since students usually don't have a lot of money to start with.

Look at everything else. If I were to start over, I would go to a state school. Bradley's reputation is not worth the extra money you will spend. Also, make sure you do a semester abroad. It is usually cheaper than a semester at Bradley, with the exception of a some of the Larger cities. Again- I think my email will appear on here. Email me with any other questions.

One thing I never liked with Bradley: the internet isn't so hot. Web browsing and such... just fine, but file downloads and gaming are simply kaput. If you play WoW, that seems to work, but any other multiplayers lag so bad it's hard to play. Find friends to play on a LAN, other than that you're going to have to deal with it for two years if you're a gamer.

If you're considering touring Bradley, think about this: the students that show you around the university are paid to do so. Conflict of interest? Maybe. My advice is to find a willing student who's not wearing a name tag and ask them a few questions. You'll get a clearer picture from another angle.

Bradley is a close-knit community, and everyone is willing to help each other out. Classmates, friends, professors, RAs, etc are all there to help you at all times if needed. It is the perfect size to be continually seeing people you know while still meeting new people all the time.