Bradley University

« See more reviews of Bradley University

There are a lot of people from the Chicago area, but I wouldn't necessarily classify them as preppy rich kids. I came from a small town in southern Illinois, and I have a lot of friends who aren't from the Chicago area. Bradley students are EXTREMELY apathetic toward almost everything. If they aren't directly getting something from it, they likely won't do it, and usually won't do something unless they have to. For whatever reason, there isn't a lot of emphasis on wanted to make a change with our culture or take a stance on some sort of idea. I'd classify the student body in that regard as a bunch of followers instead of instigators.

Most students come from either St. Louis suburbs, or Chicago suburbs, and with the cost to attend Bradley Yes most do come from wealthy families, but there are many poor students that come from Chicago. Bradley students are not so preppy only a few, and you probably won't talk to them. I do believe Bradley students do well, the drop out rate is low and Bradley is well known for their department majors. Statistically Greeks don't binge drink more than the average college student, it just so happens the media attraction is to them and not to unaffiliated students.

Bradley's definitely a family-like atmosphere. I graduated in May 2008 and I loved it there, especially this aspect. Bradley is in a questionable neighborhood, but that just means that if you use your head, you'll be fine. I was always responsible and never had any problems. The students are often apathetic or feel powerless to change their world, but not everybody.

Not all of them are, but there are definitely a lot. Outside the Peoria area is a lot of farmland and this one asshole in my CIV class kept talking about how a bunch of hillbillies lived in the area. He isn't totally wrong, but the attitude he had about it was ridiculous.

This stereotype is not accurate. Granted there are those who fit the stereotype however most students are down to earth and not rich. Bradley being a private school offers lots of scholarships and grants which most students attending Bradley have.

Yes and no, while Bradley does have a strong engineering background, the college offers many majors. Every person is unique and no matter what you major in you will be surrounded by people you like.

No. Sure we drink alcohol, but we also participate in multiple philanthropic events and activites that benefit various charity organizations.

For the most part, no. We're not obnoxiously rich or anything, in fact, a good chunk of us are on loans or a scholarship.

Mostly, but there are more people than you would think that are from other states or the southern part of Illinois.

Like everything, there is no simple answer to that question. Contact me if you want to know more.