Bradley University

« See more reviews of Bradley University

Class sizes are smallish (30 people), most professors actually care, and there's plenty of resources at your disposal. Don't expect to glide like so many expect to. I didn't work much in high school at all, just kinda coasted. I'm lucky that I was bracing myself for college, because the slap in the face was harsh, and I knew many people that weren't as fortunate. You wanna be here, you gotta earn it in certain degrees. Don't be discouraged though, that's a common thing for most colleges. Just prepare for it.

Most teachers are great to work with. Because I am an education major, I work more with those teachers than any other. I enjoy having them, and as long as you listen and read what you need to, you will get pretty good grades. Also, the teachers love when you talk to them outside of class. So, take the time to get to know them and you may find out why they structure their classes they way they do. This will put you at ease to ask more questions and participate in class and outside of class.

Study and Study hard. No matter how easy people tell you your major is. Classes are not like high school. The teacher will teach the concept and then you have to put in the extra hours outside of class to really understand what you are doing. Helpful hint If you are planning on taking micro/macro economics, or Calculus I/II/III or Differential Equations, take them at your local community college and transfer that credit in.

Professors generally know my name. If it's a class where assignments are weekly or so, then they do. If not, I don't think they do unless I would have to meet them or talk to them about something. I've noticed class participation is similar to high school - only a few participate, but they never shut the hell up when they do, and the whole class keeps looking at each other waiting for the loudmouth to finally quiet down.

Bradley is a good academic school. Some majors are harder than others, but a lot of them try to make sure you have a well-rounded education. I'm a Health Science major, and I was required to have a minor or other concentration, plus I had to take a business class, a teaching class, and a human relationships development class, and two of the three dealt with those issues from a healthcare point of view 100% of the time.

Small classes, which sounds nice, but makes it rather difficult to register for anything until you're a junior. High professor availability, the opportunity for academic competitiveness, and the concern shown by the staff are really the stand-out points of Bradley.

Academics are great. Most professors are excellent professors. I wish some professors showed more enthusiasm during class.

The classes are great. Some of the gen. eds. you think would be easy, but there not always easy!

Class sizes are small and you can get to know your professors and get extra help

You do not have to be really smart to come here, but you have to work hard.