Bradley University

« See more reviews of Bradley University

I'm mostly in Constance, where the music classes are, and the music department faculty are wonderful! My experience so far at Bradley (just finished sophomore year) has taught me that the faculty want students to suceed and want to help them along the way. The music department does a sophomore review which is supposed to help gauge your progress and your plan for the rest of college. It was just another experience that showed me the professors do care how students are doing. I've also had wonderful professors outside of music classes. I haven't had a "bad professor" experience at all.

bio classes are hard... chemistry dep't needs better teachers. some classes are mis-labeled... i took soc 300 "Ppl and Cultures of the NonWestern World" and all we talked about were musical styles of tiny underdeveloped villages in Africa.... not what the name leads you to think of... it is competitive... class participation is decent... some professors very helpful... Dr. Craig Cady is the best teacher at Bradley... a total genius, a great teacher, and someone who will sacrifice his time to help you understand anything... personally, i would consider him a friend.

The classes are small for the most part, excluding intro level classes. For intro classes, expect lectures or small classes taught by TAs (dont listen to the info guides they give you, you WILL have classes taught by grad students.) Not very competative. Most professors are awesome, I haven't had a single awful professor yet. Biggest major is engineering. I'm in the honors program, which I highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a deeper college experience. It takes work, but its worth it, and you get the best professors (Dr. Fuller is the best!)

I love the class sizes at Bradley. The biggest class I have taken had about 100 kids in it, and most of my classes are much smaller than that. Being a Nursing major, I have to study alot to keep my grades up, but it kind of depends on your major as to how much studying is required of you. The students in my classes care alot about their grades, so we are all really competitive and comparing GPA's and all that. I feel my education at Bradley will prepare me for a career in Nursing better than most other schools I could have attended.

The CS classes I'm in have gotten really small just in the 2nd semester. My last two classes had like 10 people in them or less. The Gen-ed classes are usually huge, like my Psychology and Western Civ. lectures which had 3 or 4 teachers sharing a lecture hall, taking turns giving lectures. Every Friday was discussion day with your individual teacher. The teacher are all really nice, but this one in the CS department is slightly hard to understand. And he handed out floppy disks. In 2008. I'm sure it will all make sense one day.

Professors definitely know your name. My favorite example is a professor who learned (and still remembers) the name of every student in a general education class with over 80 students. The professors sincerely care about the students and do their best to help with class advising, career counseling, and overall support. Usually every department holds some sort of social event during the year for their students like picnics, pizza parties, or bowling trips.

Bradley has a very competitive atmosphere. The Business College is very good and has a lot of very good professors. The sciences, maths, and engineering schools are difficult. The teacher - student interaction is top notch and the professors are readily approachable if you need anything. Professors are required to have 3-6 hours of office hours so that professors can get in touch with them.

Chemistry department has great teaching staff. Expect for lecture, all teachers know your name. GPA is important and competitive for main point of grad school and keeping scholarships. Challenging in engineering classes(Physics, Calculus...) Most classes are well balanced with grading scales to make difficulty less of a factor.

Coming to college i was afraid that I would be sitting in a huge lecture hall and the professor teaching about 100 students at once. But here at Bradley it's completley different. The professors know you name and want to get to know you as a friend. They are always there to help when needed and are very well educated

I would say Bradley has a pretty strong academic reputation. Classes are usually small so you can't definitely can't skip class much because your professor knows your face. The faculty is very dedicated to their students and are usually always willing to spend time with you outside of class if you need extra help.