Bradley University

« See more reviews of Bradley University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

One major stereotype is that if you are not in Greek life, you don't exist. Well, I am one of those that exists without being involved in Greek life. There are many other clubs and organizations on campus that you can be involved in without going Greek. Don't get me wrong, some of my friends are in Greek life, and they love it! One stereotype that I heard before coming to Bradley wass that it is not that great of a school because if had a small student body - that is so wrong! If anything, having a small student body makes the school greater - socially and academically - because you are not just a number on the enrollment sheet, you have a name and a face. Most of my teachers know me by name and speak to me in the halls, even after my class with them is over.

that we are all rich. that is bull, and i hate that b/c i have very little money, my family is not rich at all. i don't have to pay tuition b/c i got the presidential scholarship and IL grants paid for the rest, proving how much money my family does NOT have. we are not all snobs, we are not all catholics, and we are not all comm and business majors.

Everyone that attends Bradley is of the upper middle class and has lots of money. People believe that all students are from Illinois and are engineers. Almost all outsiders of the greek community believe fraternity and sorority members are just dumb alcoholics that don't study and just party all the time

It's kind of a party school disguised as an academics school. Most students are middle class and upper middle class. Large greek community, and theres a lot of cliques. A lot of students are very apathetic towards what's going on around them.

One stereotype that applies not only to Bradley students but college students in general is that they are all liberal. Another stereotype about Bradley students specifically is that they are all from either Chicago or St. Louis.

Stereotypes? I haven't heard any, but I would say everybody's either from some suburb of Chicago or some suburb of that other big city. I'm not, though. I'm from Bloomington. You know, the suburb of Normal. Where ISU is?

The stereotypes that I have heard about Bradley are all good - when I tell people I go to Bradley they are all impressed and say that I must be smart to have gotten into such a good school. Also, people say it is a party school

The students are rich kids from the Chicago suburbs and St. Louis and many of them probably aren't as smart as their grades show. Many people think that Bradley is a small school in a small town without much to offer.

The first one that comes to mind is that Com majors don't do much of anything. The population of Greeks on campus is high and everywhere you look, there's Greek events/people.

That we are rich because we go to a private school. Our campus is like a parking lot it's so small. The reason they call us a college is because we have some what of a quad.