Brandeis University Top Questions

Describe a typical weekend.

Sam

A typical weekend for me at Brandeis starts Friday Afternoon. I usually go with a few friends to play basketball around four in Gosman Athletic Center. We usually stay for an hour or two, and then go to dinner at the Stein, the on campus restaurant. We usually split some of their excellent buffalo wings, and I get either the Make your own pasta, or a Burger for myself. After dinner, we usually hang out for awhile, and then around 9:30 I'll have a beer with some friends. (I'm 21) Around eleven we will usually hit up a few on-campus parties in ziv, or the mods (senior townhouses). These parties are usually a lot of fun, people have a great time, but they aren't anything like a stereotypical frat party. After partying it up, we usually head to Ollie's to have some late night food, or order some Chinese delivery. Around 2:30 we usually head to sleep. On Saturday I usually wake up around 11 and get a bagel at Einstein's. After that I usually do a bit of homework, such as reading for my classes, or research for any essays. That night for dinner, we would probably use the free shuttle on campus to Cambridge and have dinner there at world famous Pinocchio's Pizza, where a slice is only $2.50, or at Felipe's Burritos, where the burrito's meet the approval of my friend from Texas, but they only cost $4-5 dollars. After dinner, we head back to campus and hang out with our friends and watch a movie, or episodes from a show like Arrested Development. That night we would probably just chill out unless a great party was going on, such as the Battle of the Dj's, where President Lawrence has been known to rap. On Sunday we would watch some football and do homework. While on Sunday night I would work on my column for the Hoot, the Newspaper I work for.

Sam