Brandeis University Top Questions

Tell us about your professors.

One of the great aspects about Brandeis is that the professors are absolutely top notch. I have been very lucky to have had multiple classes with Eileen McNamara, a Pulitzer Prize winner. Her knowledge of column writing and reporting are unparalleled. The class I took with her called Opinion Writing, was downright amazing. My favorite professor in the sociology department is Gordon Fellman. Fellman is unabashedly far-left politically, however he is incredibly knowledgeable about the subjects he teaches, and he loves it when students challenge his viewpoints. Some of my favorite moments in my classes have been when I have sufficient evidence to challenge him in class. William Kapelle in the history department is also amazing. He is a tough grader, but when you take his classes the breadth of knowledge you gain is incredible. He is also hilarious, and will frequently start classes with telling everyone a hilarious story.