Brevard, NC
Brevard College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Brevard College

Kelley

Brevard College is best suited for students who prefer to be part of a small community. It would not be appropriate for a student looking to be a part of a large, bustling campus. In addition to the small campus and class size, the town of Brevard is also quite small.

Being such a small liberal arts college, Brevard College is in some ways limited in the resources it provides for students.

Gina

Brevard College is an amazing community that welcomes people from all walks of life with open arms. I am so glad that I chose to come to Brevard. The faculty and staff here at the college are so welcoming and helpful in times of need. They are always willing to go the extra mile to help you, and you never feel like you are unwanted.

The biggest stereotype of the students here at Brevard College is that we are a music school only. Although we have a phenomenal musical program here at the college, there is also so much more that Brevard has to offer. Another stereotype of the students here is that we are a hard partying school. Even though we like to have fun every once in a while; we take our studies very seriously and have great relationships with the faulty and staff here at Brevard.

Here at Brevard, the great outdoors is very important. From biking to hiking, bowling to debating: there is something to do every second of the day. Being with good friends and enjoying the natural beauty that surrounds the campus is the most common activity here at the college.

There are small class sizes which means that you have to give one hundred percent to all your work. It can be challenging, but it is also a lot of fun to have professors who push you to be the very best that you can be. The staff is always helpful and is always willing to lend an encouraging word when you are feeling down.

Monterrious

What is unique about my shcool is that it is a very small university, which I consider to be a great thing. Being a small university, it gives me a chance to be more hands on. It allows me to gain one on one time with my preffesor and take away more from the lesson. At Brevard the motto is "learn by doing" which gives students more of a chance to be involed. At Brevard you can engage yourself in many different clubs that help you obtain leadership goals. At breavrd you'll join a close knit family.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself I would say not to get to caught up in grades, test scores, and class rank. I would tell myself to be more open-minded to trying new things and just live.

Sydney

My classmates at Brevard College are like no other because every one on campus is unique with their own distinct personalities, but yet we all seem to come together like a big family.

Whatever you learned in high school, throw it away. Nothing can prepare you for the emotional, physical and mental rollercoaster you are about to embark on. While you are packing and getting ready to move in, remember you do not need to bring everything you own because when you visit home you'll have nothing to wear. There is no need to take every pair of shoe you own because more than likely you'll only wear the same four. Do not worry, you'll have the same friend you made your very first day throughtout your whole first semester and you will laugh and cry and gain the freshman fifteen together. It may seem like you'll never fit in and make friends but you will find your people and these friends will be there forever, no matter the circumstance. When you sign up for your classes the first semester do NOT overload, take it easy as it will ease the transistion into the college life. The best advice I can give you is for you to be yourself. You can go into college and be whoever you want and yourself is the best choice you can make.

Brevard, North Carolina is hands down one of the most beautiful places on Earth. The proximity of the mountains is what grabs the attention of most prosepective students, but if the mountains aren't number one on the students priority list then you just might have to travel to Asheville to go shopping or have a good meal at Chick-fila. Brevard College has its many perks but the worst thing about it is that it is a very small town lacking places to go on a rainy Saturday afternoon.

Kasi

Brevard College is a small Liberal Arts college that focuses on outdoors and the person. The students are heavily involved with the outdoors, either with sports or activities such as rock climbing, hiking, kayaking, fishing, canoing, and exploring. There aren't alot of rules to hold you back and everyone is an individual, which is great! There are many cultures representated at Brevard College and the town is so beautiful, with a 360 degree view of the North Carolina mountains. I love the creek running through campus and the white squirrels!

I would love to go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, because I would ask myself to really look at the requirements for the future I'm going to need. I found myself in a college in South Carolina for over two years and the inability to pass the state Praxis I test, while I had passed it in North Carolina the year prior and knew I would have difficulty with this. I should have checked the rules from state to state first, and realized that staying in North Carolina would have been more efficient, but now I have to hustle to graduate on time due to having to transfer in the middle of my junior year. Explore the majors, how well the school is known for that major and it's faculty, and do your homework on what you really want out of the education and life, before choosing a college. I should have been more open to schools and not as worried about the outside architecture of the buildings. We live and learn, and too bad I didn't listen to some others' advice when it came to this subject.

I've only been here for a month now, and the worst thing about the school may be that the libarary isn't open on Sundays until mid-afternoon. I find that one fact difficult, since I have a reading disability and need quiet to study; but I've found that the study rooms in the dorms are acceptable and when the weather permits, there are places outside. Otherwise, I've not found much I don't like.

Lance

Brevard College is a small college in a great mountain setting where each student is treated as an individual; and pushed to excel in areas and ways that are relevant to the student, and the student's future.

Brevard College is best known for being a great outdoor school with very strong outdoor programs; and an incredible location boardering the Pisgah National Forest.

The best advice I could give myself would be to get out and help more people in any way possible. Do not limit the help to fellow students, help anyone and everyone - try to leave everyone you meet better than how you met them. The "Golden Rule" which is "treat everyone how you want to be treated" is inadequate. Follow the rule "treat everyone how they want to be treated". College is a time of development and change, so take the opportunity to develop the habits to be a better, more empathic, person. Also, smile and say hi to everyone.

Dudley

Time management is of the utmost importance. Take the opportunity while you can to learn to manage your own time, to motivate yourself and to plan your own future. Focus on what you want to do with your life and set out your goals. Follow your dreams but plan out how to achieve them. Have faith in yourself and you can achieve whatever you put your mind towards. College is different from High School, but it is something that youc an adapt to. Take charge of your own destiny, use the resources that college will provide you and you will succeed. There will be pitfalls along the way and you must be prepared to modify your plans, but if you can maintain your objectives and stay focused on your goals you can achieve them. Be strong , have faith in yourself and enjoy this opportunity. Make the most of it.

Melissa

I would advise myself to STUDY!!!!! In high school I never did, never had to. I graduated high school with Summa Cum Laude honors and a 4.1 GPA. With that in the books, I figured I could just skate through college without having to study ever like I did high school. I was sadly mistaken. My first college test I failed miserably. It was that smack in the face with an "F", that I realized I was in serious trouble if I didn't learn how to study. I tried so many meathods of studying. Making myself go to study hall, studying in the library, with music, while eating breakfast, making note cards, and it didn't matter because the results were showing no progress according to my test scores. I finally got it right once I started taking notes and attending study sessions with groups from my classes. Once I got that down to an art, my grades began to go up and my test scores were A's and high B's. So the most vital advice to give my high school self, study!!!

I wish I would have known how lax the curriculum is. While the school provides a great "college environment", it is weak in academics. The classes I have taken so far (granted I've only been here one semester so far) were super easy. I was expecting college to be stressful, and insanely difficult neither of with has happend here so far.

Anti-social, introverted should not attend this school! While that is usually not the college student stereotype, I'm sure there are a few out there. This school has around 600 students, and is very small. However, this benefits in many ways. You develope a close network of friends, you know mostly every student, and mostly every student knows you. Everyone is involved in school activities no matter what your interests are there is something to interest everyone and many peple and friends to share those interests with.

Kyle

Prepare yourself and know about the school you are going to and make sure it is a good fit for you.

How small it is and how no one stays on the weekend. I am to far from home to go on the weekends so it is deserted.

Brevard College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.