Brevard College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Brevard College

Haley

Brevard College is a small liberal arts college in Brevard, North Carolina. We are a private college and have around 724 students currently enrolled. The professors are great and the people there are just amazing. I have made life-long friends and I am glad that I have been a part of the BC family this year.

Jacque'

I enjoy the school a lot. It is a safe environment that allows complete focus at all times. There are so many ways to get involve on campus. As a student-athlete, I prefer to play football and lift weights with my free time. The cafeteria food is also great.

Daniel

It is a great college. I have no complaints about my time here. There are many outdoor activities in the area. The professors are very interactive and knowledgeable. The class size is small and you get to know your classmates and teacher very well. The campus is easy to get around and the social​ life is pretty good.

Panisa

It is a very good school for those who want to get their general AA then do a direct transfer. I do not intend to attend this college for my bachelor's and master's, so I cannot speak for their programs. The teachers I had were very competent and genuine, the food is excellent, students are intellectually stimulating and there are always fun activities going on here.

Jezika

I am currently a Sophomore at Brevard College and i can honestly say that my first year their was better than ever intended. Before attending, i knew it was a small school and didn't plan on much happening, but i have made more and better friends than i have ever thought. I am also a current Womens Lacrosse player for Brevard and i couldn't love it anymore. My team is great and the experience and bond we have with one another is more than anything like high school. We are a family and thats what i love best. The number one thing i love about Brevard is the learning environment. I tried very hard in high school and sometimes i still wouldn't be able to make the grades i wanted. Brevard has small class sizes compared to other universities and this is my favorite thing about it. i have succeeded more and enjoyed learning more than ever. You are able to get one on one learning with professor and the class sizes average from 10-25. I have made outstanding grades from this experiences and i know 100% if i went to a bigger university, i could never get this kind of outlook. I love it here and plan on spending all 4 years here. Highly recommend to all who learn better in smaller group and want to have a great college experience.

Elaina

it is an average school, was expecting much more from when I had the campus tour. buildings are run down and need maintenance. class sizes are perfect they're not big and teachers are there to help. athletics are okay facilities could be better. campus itself is beautiful but needs some work. the people are friendly and very involved in the community.

I love attending Brevard college! I enjoy being able to be at the school achieving an education, and also I love being surrounded by these beautiful mountains. I am also blessed to be a Brevard college athlete.

Taryn

It isa place where you must make your own fun, but the class sizes allow for hands on experience and one on one experience. This is a school that is very big on everyone coming together and a very friendly community. It is small, so you get to know everyone really quick.

ANGIE

During several visits to campus, I have noticed that there are always activities posted for students in all areas of interest to participate in. Dorms are clean and were quiet both times we toured. Faculty is seen throughout campus, not just in the classroom and always friendly. The campus is beautiful and very calming with a creek that runs through the middle of campus.

Khapresha

It’s a nice small school, the amenities could be a a lot better/updated and the food selection could definitely be better, they’re getting better about events but it’s still not good enough considering the price that the students pay to attend the school

I couldn't imagine myself going to college before I set foot on Brevard's campus. It's a college unlike any assumption you've been led to make about college, a beautifully tight-knit community where students, faculty, and even administration are consistently connected and in communication with one another. Brevard's current President, David C. Joyce lives within a few steps of the freshman dorms, abutting campus, along with his wife and "campus dog" Pisgah. If there's one word for the school, it's 'personable.' Walking around our cozy, beautiful campus you see all smiles. As someone who loves to get outside I've found my niche with Brevard as we are in the mountains and mere minutes from Pisgah National Forest. Head to the cafe or on-campus coffee shop alone and chances are you'll leave having made a new friend. The school's faculty strive to make themselves available to each individual student. And there's something for everyone to keep occupied, both in class and out of it. Brevard students "learn by doing" with what's known as experiential education, whether that means engaging in a literary discussion, dusting for fingerprints in the forensics lab, constructing a set or playing a role in our wonderful theatre, working to solve climate change, mentoring students at Brevard Middle School, kayaking down Davidson River, playing your sport with the utmost dedication, or as is the case for most of us, a blend of these. We live well, we eat well, we work well, we play well. It's really a wonderful place of higher education. For the person who dreads the poster image of college with its huge impersonal buildings and staff and students, who enjoys learning and experiencing new things, who can't be confined to just one interest, and who loves the idea of a college dynamic that is more like a home and family than a detached sea of faces milling to classes all day long-Brevard is for you.