Sioux City, IA
Briar Cliff University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Briar Cliff University

These other reviews are fake. This place sucks! Very few students are at Briar Cliff to learn and most of the courses are meaningless. I wish the dorms better and the food is laughable. The employees are disorganized and can’t answer any questions and don’t seem to want to help you unless they want money. Don’t fool yourself. Go to a better school and don’t go 50 thousand in debt for a bad education.

My overall opinion is that Briar Cliff University is a very fun and good place to go to for a good education. The professors are always there for students that need help whenever they have a question that needs to be answered. The students at Briar Cliff are very friendly and very easy to get along with.

Marie

I love the opportunities and overall culture at the University. There is a wide range of different ethnic groups, religions, and quite a few international students from all around the world. There are a large number of clubs to join, and we highly encourage people to volunteer in the city. It's overall just a really fun and amazing place to learn, socialize, and make memories.

Jamall

Briar Cliff University is a wonderful college! Very nice environment and the students are eager to learn! The counselors and teachers are always alert and eager to teach and help students be the best adults that they possible can be. Very great classes and sports/activities!

Hillary

I greatly enjoyed my time at Briar Cliff. The campus was what initially dree me there. As my time there continued, I grew to enjoy the people. If you're looking for a small-college feel where your professors will know on a first-name basis and you can participate in activities regardless of your major, it's a place to consider.

Mackenzie

I really like this school because they are very flexible and are very helpful in getting me on track to graduate in 4 years with 3 majors.

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

We had a hypnotist and many games. It was great.

What do students complain about most?

Students complain about the food a lot, it isn't that bad.

Describe the dorms.

The dorms are great size for a college dorm and there is more storage than you could even imagine filling.

When you step off campus what do you see?

The city or a dirt road depending on which direction you go.

Our campus is small and on a hill. Also, if it is cold, all the buildings you use the most are connected by tunnels.

What are some hot-button issues on campus?

Right now, two long term couples broke up and that didn't take long to become a controversial topic.

What are the most popular classes offered?

Bowling is a favorite or theology of Harry Potter.

Describe a typical weekend.

From someone who doesn't go out and party or drink/smoke, my friends and I usually hang out and watch a movie, hit the town, or play games. When it is nice we explore the great outdoors.

It is very small up on a hill. It is gorgeous!

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to come here because it is Catholic, it isn't too big, and it is very much like a community.

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

Our school is a tight-knit community on top of a hill looking over the city. We emphasize service and you will not go a day without passing by a smiling face!

Campus ministry of all types are huge. There are also a lot of service opportunities that are available.

The students are all very accepting of everyone and are nonchalant about most everything.

if i could go back to my senior year of high school, i would have done a lot of things differently. One of the main things i would have done differently would have done duel credit classes, and taken classes that would transfer over to college. Not only would the class transfer, but it have shown me how a college class is actually setup and how the classes work. Another thing i would have done differently was to be more involved in my school, such as joining clubs, becuase not only does that allow fun times in high school, all those clubs can be put on transcripts and applications so the schools can look at them. All these things can make a huge difference in applying for colleges. its the differents between a yes or no exceptance letter.

Tara

A private Catholic Franciscan University that provides a well-rounded liberal arts education.

Any person should attend that wants to receive a quality education at a small institution. Professors know who you are and available for one-on-one teaching time.

Liberty

My classmates are a very well put together, fun, and interesting group of people.

The school I attend is best known for their Fransician vaules.

If I could go back now and talk to myself when I was 17 and a high school senior I would tell myself that it's not as hard as it seems, and i'm going to make it through all the finals, due dates, applications, and all the days I had senioritis. I would also tell myself to not be so worried for my first year of college, and that by the end of it i'll grow as a person and become stronger as an individual. The most important thing I would remind myself is that even though it's a very stressful time in my life is to enjoy all the things I have to experience in the coming years and months, becasue it flashes by before you're ready for it to all be over.

Grace

Briar Cliff is truly a community, with the students faculty and stafff united with a common goal- academic success and the pursuit of life-enriching opportunities through great classes and a steady Franciscan Catholic presence to give it support.

So far, in my experience here at Briar Cliff University, I have learned that by "college experience" the pamphlets and brochures have not just been talking about the classrooms and the teachers. My college experience has been about learning independance and balancing my schoolwork and social life . I have learned how to cope with a sleep-walking roommate and which study spots in the library are the best for my admittedly limited focus. I have taken incredibly hard tests in Biology and embarassing hard falls in front of the student body at the Homecoming Pep Assembly. I have learned that people get what they put into their education and this has made me even more determined to enjoy and thrive here. All of these things are what are shaping me to be the person that I was meant to be. My attendance is valuable because I have gotten involved all over campus and feel like a true part of the college. Now that I am here and active I think that my being here at BCU has shown me my full potential not just as a student, but as a leader to my friends and classmates.

I wish that I had known about more of the scholarship opportunities coming into my freshman year.

Briar Cliff University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.