Sioux City, IA
Briar Cliff University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Briar Cliff University

David

If i could go back in time to senior year i would tell myself acouple things. First i would tell myself to apply for more schoalrships so i wouldnt have to take out more loans like i had to. And also to be alittle more prepared for college life and to save money for when i get to college and not spend it all.

Anyone who dosent like living in a small town or like a small campus should not come to Briar CLiff University.

Ashela

My classmates mainly come from privileged backgrounds, are younger than 21, and are (for the most part) very hard working individuals.

As someone who decided to take a few years off, I would recommend high school students who are excited for college to find a University they feel identifies with their values and beliefs. I would recommend on campus housing, a great life long experience. Lastly, I recommend to all young people leaving their high school years to follow their heart, if you're not ready for college that's okay. You are the only one who decides your future and you should go with your heart; life is long, enjoy it to it's fullest potential.

I would say that being an independent adult trying to fund my college education alone, paying for school is the most frustrating. I also wish that St. Thomas had more of a fine art department so students could explore more than art history.

Kaitlin

As a senior, I indulged myself in leisure time and in procrastination. Today, I would see myself in my senior year and put an end to it. My study skills and time management could have been much sharper coming into college, had I been applying the necessary effort to my last year of high school. Looking back, I'd have to tell myself to stop slacking and strive for the excellence I wanted to achieve in college.

When I came to Briar Cliff, I wish I would have known how to use the rescources that the school provides - known how to help myself - instead of constantly struggling alone or asking those around me for advice or directions.

Briar Cliff University is a small school. Less than 1,200 students are on campus in a year. It's a different environment because of the small-community mentality mixed with college life. It feels a lot like high school, and the worst thing about this is that it puts you in situations that are a lot like high school dramas; cat fights, rumors, and bullying are known to make an apperance on campus. However, the community of Briar Cliff is also very homey, it just really depends on what you like.

Jacqueline

Briar Cliff is a friendly, academic, and social university where everybody knows everybody.

It has a very small campus and community. Small class sizes and good friendships and respect between professors and students. A lot of the students are from around this area, however there is a fair amount of kids from all around the U.S. It is in a area of Iowa with a lot of farm kids.

Don't limit your options for you major, even if your heart is set on doing one thing. You might change your mind and you should explore all options. Also, focus hard on school and don't procrastinate. Limit the socializing if you have homework or a test to study for. But still have fun! Be independent and take as many oppotunities you can to get involved on campus and meet new people. Don't stretch yourself too thin though. Make good decisions, the ones you know are morally right, and don't let anybody peer pressure into doing something you know is wrong. Thank your mom and dad for helping you get to where you are and always supporting you!

Rebecca

When I first saw Briar Clif on the hill, I felt at home. I then was showed the campus and everyone who passed me was nice and said hello. I felt at home and I was.

I believe that parents should feel like their child is going to not only get a great education, but also receive friends that give them good advice and make sure they are reaching their potential. I think that students who observe Briar Cliff do feel that they are at home, but what about the time when they are in class, do they feel at home in class? I believe that if a student is looking for a college, they should not only be looking for a homely feeling while with friends, but also while they are attending a class. Also if the student feels that feeling when they stand in the front of the college, I believe that will tell them this college is the one for them. Make sure the student makes new friends that becomes old friends, and have a wonderful time doing what they love.

I think that a person who is motivated for learning and loves to socialize would be a great person to come to Briar Cliff University. I think a Briar Cliff student should be focused not only on school, but also on making friends.

Kyle

My advice to parents is simple. Remember that your child is the one going to college, NOT YOU, so please do not pressure them into going to a school that you want them to go to. Allow them to go search for a college that best fits them. Incoming students will need to try hard to find the college that is perfect for them. Looking online, asking school advisors, and setting up visits to a campus are the best ways to go about finding what you need. Don't settle for a school you think is sub-par. College can be hard. So sometimes you will not be able to go out at night with friends. This is why, to get the best experience, incoming students should know not to procrastinate. You only go to college once. That being said, you should take care of your homework and studying first. On the other hand, as a student you need to have a social life and engage in campus activities. So refrain from sitting in your dorm or apartment all day. Manage your time well so that you can complete your studies and also have the best experience you possibly can.

Jan

Take the time to visit the campus and visit a classroom. Ask questions about financial aid. Ask questions about community life. Talk to students. Eat on campus with some faculty members. Attend a game and watch the behavior of the current students.

Some classes are only offered every other year

With classes offered only every other year, must take the class when it is offered

Bethany

I would tell a high school student and their parents that there are many different oppourtunities out there. There will be pros and cons with every place that you choose to go. The students need to decide what things are more important to them and then find the place that has those qualities.

That the dorms were not clean at all and that maintainance was not a top priority.

A pre-med major or business major

Kielan

The size of the school and it's location. It is in the city but separated on the hill at the same time which makes you feel more secure as a community on campus. The size is nice because it doesn't look or feel big but when you step back and look at what's available to the students suddenly campus takes on a new size.

Choose a place that is both the best financially and best for expirience of the soon to be student. Ultimately it's the student picking the school not the parent. Negotiate and work together to make a decision. Apply for as much financial aid and scholarships as you can get, no matter how small they seem because they add up fast. Also consider a job either on or off campus to earn some extra money. Be financially wise and conserve as much as possible, make smart buys and use coupons and save as much money a possible. Pinch pennies.

Which dorms were better than others. Also, that I'd need more money...money is tight.

Lisa

Anyone that wants to succeed in their life time should come to BCU. I believe that people should pick a college based on what they feel when they enter the campus. When I walked on to campus, I felt at home.

Just pick a college that you feel home at. You are going to be away from your real home, so pick somewhere that you are confortable. Be involved.

I dont think that there are no one type of person. I believe that anyone can attent this university. If you were to walk around the campus, you would see a very strong diversity of people. Everyone belongs here.

Briar Cliff University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.