Sioux City, IA
Briar Cliff University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Briar Cliff University

Kelly

Don't underestimate the education you will recieve at a smaller, private school! There are many benefits of being in a small school with smaller class size and several caring instructors and offices that will help you through every aspect of your college life.

I wish I would have known in high school what a great school this is. I would have applied here during my senior year instead of waiting several years to go to school.

Alisa

I only have two pieces of advice for future college students; go someone different than your friends and visit many schools. In my class it seems as though many of my classmates went to the same school, about 20% of the class, they have met only a small handful of people and don't hang out with anyone new. I have met people from all over because I went to a school were I knew no one. Secondly, I do regret only really looking at one college. I had my mind set on the one I attend and did not look into any otheres. I really wish now I had looked at more schools to decide what the right choice was because no I attend a school I really do not like and am really unsure if I want to keep going there. Take advantage of college visit, most schools wave the application fee if you attend a visit, so now you can apply to as many as you would like and have more options in the end.

I think the kind of person who should attend this school should be one that either likes to party and socialize or likes to really hit the books hard. You can find both at Briar Cliff. A person could be torn between the two or be able to find the balance and still make it. The type of person who should attend is someone who wants to be able to talk to teachers who know the names of students and won't get lost in a class of 300.

I would have to say that one of the most frustrating things at this school would be that it is too small. I come from a decent sized high school, not too big, not too small, and I thought I would like that in a college as well to be small and know almost everyone. The problem was after a few weeks of living on campus, I saw and knew almost every one and the drama at the college was as bad in high school. This school is a place it seemed for people who had a problem growing up.

Therese

When picking a school you need to make sure you as the student like the atmosphere. You are the one going to live on campus and attend class. As the student you need to research your choices and narrow them down to the top 3 and from there chose which school you are more comfortable with. When you chose don't chose based only on a good sports program or a good party school. Making the most of your college experience is the biggest thing you can do. You need to get out and meet people. If you sit in your room all the time then you will not like the school and will want to leave. If you get to know people, join activities on campus, or join a sports team you will get a much better college experience and you will also enjoy yourself and the school a little bit more because you are involved. Being involved and liking the school are a couple of important things that a good college experience is based on. In the end make sure you like the school and then get involved for the experience that you want.

Everybody knows everybody and there is a sense of safety and security. We are not afraid to walk around campus at night. This is a good thing because then the students are not scared and they can live how they want and come and go as they please.

Any kind of person can attend this school. This is a great school because there is not just one kind of person there are many different types of people.

Briar Cliff University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.