Brigham Young University-Hawaii

« See more reviews of Brigham Young University-Hawaii

Brigham Young University - Hawaii is definitely best known for including religious learning along with regular schooling. The university is set up to help students grow not only intellectually, but spiritually as well. Weekly devotionals give students a chance to forget about classes for a short time and reflect on what they could be doing better or differently to improve themselves personally for the long run. Constant help from the members of the church that most students and faculty belong to really help to relieve college-life stresses and fulfill the goals you have as an undergraduate student.

Brigham Young University Hawaii offers a higer education for students in different countries. They have I-WORK program that offers finacial aid to those eligible but poor students around the world. It is a school sponsored by the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Most of the students and faculty are members of the church. If you enter this school, you will immediately feel the warmth and care of the people. Though the students belong to different cultures, they treat each other as brothers and sisters. Students, faculities and other leaders in school here are spiritual and talented.

BYUH is accredited as being the most diverse student body in the United States. This university represents over 70 nations with students from around the world. I have friends from India, New Guinea, New Zealand, Belgium, Japan, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Australia, and so many other countries. The school embraces this diversity and everyone is welcome and friendly. Students of all different cultures here are able to work side by side with the goal of an education. I am continually impressed at how the school is able to incorporate this diversity through the food, clubs, activites, and classes.

Brigham Young University Hawaii was founded and still supported today by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Our school is unique because of its honor code to help students abide by its religious principles. I think it is nice to be in a "bubble" from outside influences. Other college students at other schools are drinking at parties. I think being away from those influences help me to concentrate on why I chose to attend college. I am also told that employers highly respect Brigham Young University graduates because they are people of strong morals and ethics.

My school is known for its cultural diversity. We have students from over 70 different countries; it is one of the most internationally diverse schools in the country. I have had many wonderful opportunities to learn and participate in cultural sharing activities, with clubs, activities, and simply interacting with the students who attend here. We are taught not only how to be international leaders, but also leaders in our homes and communities. Our teachers and administrators encourage the developement of integrity and a moral code, which is what makes a good leader.

My school is best known for its diversity. At the top of the Polynesian triangle in the Pacific Ocean, it represents over seventy two different countries, which reaches far more than one hundred cultures. This is a recipe perfect for secondary education. Students go to university to broaden their knowledge and stretch their viewpoints. At a campus that has such rich cultures embodies this idea. In order to best increase your knowledge you should be exposed to as many ways of life as possible. At Brigham Young University- Hawaii this idea is best represented.

This school is best known for its background, culture, and beleifs. It is primarily a Latter Day Saint (Mormon) school and one of the main goals of the school is to provide the students with a good, clean, wholesome atmosphere to allow students to grow spiritually as well as academically. The students are expected to live in accordance to the Honor Code, which is a guideline for students to live honest and virtuous lives. People from countries all over the world come to attend this school and to feel of the great spirit that presides on the campus.

Brigham Young University Hawaii is a unique school, but full of a very rich culture. When you look at other universtities, they lack in diversity and cultural backgrounds, but not BYUH. There are students from mainland USA, but BYUH strives off it's international students and the way all the cultures interact peacefully. The moto of the university is come forth to learn, go forward to serve. The university believes we all have a duty to live peaefully with all these amazing cultures around us. That's what the universtity is best known for.

Brigham Young University Hawaii has a very good feeling about the campus. BYUH has the most diverse campus in the world, there are more than 70 countries represented. Everyone who has ever spent time on this campus knows that there is a different atmosphere here. You will feel loved by everyone and everyone wants to be your friend. The classes are small and after one class the teacher will know your name and major. Once you come on campus you will feel loved and you will know that this is the place for you.

My school is definitely best known for its cultural diversity. We have students who come from all over the world just to go to school there and it is great to see how well we all fit together. Everyone is able to learn about each other's cultures and the school does a fantastic job of making everyone feel like they belong. My school definitely goes out of its way to cultivate a learning and understanding experience among the diverse lifestyles in order for us to experience a great sense of unity and love.