Brigham Young University-Hawaii

« See more reviews of Brigham Young University-Hawaii

Our school is prided for being the most culturally diverse school in the United States. More countries are represented here than at any other school. Due to this fact we have a great number of clubs and extra curricular activites that represent those identities. My school has a very high standard of conduct that I appreciate in a school setting. It is a religion based school that reflecets on the principles I truly believe. BYU has a variesty of programs for a wide selection of professional job areas. Who would not want to complete their majors while living in Hawaii?

I go to the most amazing school on the planet. I tell my friends how beautiful my school is and how absolutely stunning the campus is. My school is also the most ethnically diverse school in the country, and possibly the world, with more than seventy countries represented. The teachers care so deeply about the students as well. The students really work together to provide a wholesome atmosphere. And my favorite thing about my school is the small student body. We are all like one big ohana here at BYU-Hawaii. I would not change one thing about my school.

I brag to my friends that my school has small classes consisting of no more than 30 students to have one-on-one time with our teachers, instead of large lecture halls. I also say that we have one of the most diverse schools in the nation because there were students at Brigham Young University-Hawaii from 73 different countries. Making friends and meeting people from around the world in a tropical paradise like Hawaii couldn't be any better because it shows how students from around the world can come together to share the same beliefs and values.

While thinking of BYUH, the memories of the kind-hearted community, amazing friends, students, teammates, and teachers always warms my heart. That is what I brag about! BYUH is a college founded by the Church of Jeus Christ of Latter Day Saints, which makes the atmosphere on campus remarkable and rare to find. I get to come home and tell everyone about how I got to spend so much time there with people that had the same standards as me, but I got to share those experiences with people from ALL over the world! Not many people can say that.

When I tell my friends about this school, they are amazed whereby there are still universities whereby they have honor code and as a student of this university we must obey the rules. They felt this sounds more like a secondary school because my secondary school was a disipline school where all students must follow the rules however, i am used to it with all the rules in my school and i try to minimize my mistakes in the school because all humans make mistakes. Thus rules in university is a must in order to achieve good performance.

The location of my school grants its students the most bragging rights. I spend every evening on my balcony watching the sunset over the ocean. I'm a two minute walk to the beach, a 10 minute drive to some of the most world-renowned surf spots and can get to dozens of some of the most beautiful hikes and lookouts Hawaii has to offer within an hour. Being one of the most international schools in the world also makes it possible for me to be aquainted with a myriad of cultures and peoples in an environment that oozes aloha.

I brag about the community, small and tight knit as well as the beaches within walking distance. I brag about the small class sizes and how you can get to know just about everyone in school if you wanted to. The people that come here are more often open and kind and its easy to make friends. You can be as social as you want or as secluded as you want and still have a great time. You make friends that last longer then just the school years and get good individual learning time with teachers and students.

I am constantly bragging to my friends about BYU Hawaii. I'm always telling all my friends from back home that they need to come out here and experience life here. It is such a wonderful place. I'm always telling them about the amazing people that I have met from all over the world and here in Laie we have the Polynesian Culture Center where you learn more about the different cultures. I tell them that the classrooms are smaller and so were able to get more of a one on one. BYU Hawaii is the best school!

This school was the best school ever. There was so much acceptance within the student body and everyone was so willing to help out. The seniors are the leaders of the school and they still were so willing to point out the direction to the classes. The professors were also wanting to help each student learn as much as they could teach. They always made the time to spend with each student so they felt like they were worth something. The atmosphere at this school is just amazing and worth attending.

This school is the most diverse school in the world. We have students from more than seventy-six different countries. I get to experience completely different cultures every single day at this school. I have friends, literally, from all over the world. Not to mention, we are located in Hawaii. It is only a five minute walk to the beach. This place is absolutely beautiful. There is so much to do and so much to experience about this island. I am so blessed to live in such an amazing place.