Brigham Young University-Hawaii

« See more reviews of Brigham Young University-Hawaii

Anyone who wants a quality education and a life-changing cultural experience should attend Brigham Young University Hawaii. There are individuals from so many different backgrounds and races. There are also some very unique, and incredible, choices of majors here that can really excell in the the enviroment provided by BYUH. Things like oceanography and marine biology are amazing programs that are truly unsurpassed here because of the beautiful island enviroment. Also majors such as International Relantions or International Cultural Studies are so profficient here because of the diversity of the students who attend this school.

To attend this school, one should be very open to other cultures. It is probably the most diverse college in the United States, with students representing 73 different countries! There are roughly 3,000 students that attend here, so the classes are generally small and it takes someone appreciative of one-on-one interaction with teachers to enjoy the environment of this school. Because administrators are pushing for students to graduate within three years, those who attend need to be hard-working and focused on their studies moreso than anything else! This school is designed to train students as leaders!

Probably someone of the LDS faith and/or anyone with strong moral values. There are a lot of international students that attend this university, they have different languages, cultures, etc. so anyone open to learning of other cultures through the classmates he/she meets. There are also opportunities to learn of the world through the culture activities offered on campus. Also, because of its location in Hawaii, a person attending this school should probably like being outside, tolerant of humid, warm, sunny but wet, and windy climate, and/or enjoy the ocean and its activities.

To be truly successful at Brigham Young University Hawaii, it takes a set of special characteristics. With the beach less than a mile away, it takes a lot of discipline; homework is far less inticing than the waves, yet more important. Equally as necesarry is patience. There are so many different languages being spoken, so true communication takes time and honest effort from both sides. Finally, to attend BYUH you must be cheerful! Hawaii is well known for it's spirit of Aloha, or love, and it's a spirit that every student should try their best to emulate!

Brigham Young University - Hawaii place where virtually every ethnicity and race is represented. Anyone williing to absorb other cultures of the world should consider BYU-Hawaii. The campus is small with about 2500 students; this is advantageous as students do have direct and unlimited access to professors. Any student who wish to work directly and inimately with his or her professors should have BYU-Hawaii at the top of his/her list (especially science majors). People who are not very comfortable in crowded environments will enjoy BYU-Hawaii as well.

A student who will succeed at this school will be one who has a love for cultures. They should be open to learning and experiencing a variety of cultures throughout their college years. A prospective student should be open and willing to meet and befriend people on a daily basis. To attend BYUH you have to sign an Honor Code, due to that, a student must be willing to be obedient to the regulations in place. Flexibility is a helpful trait. Humility because you will be exposed to people from all sorts of backgrouds, some not of the best circumstances.

Although diversity has been at times, a social weakness to this school, its strength lies in the fact that really anyone can attend Brigham Young University- Hawaii (BYUH) with the comfort that they won't be the "minority". With students from Japan, Korea, China, and even Russia, England, and the Polynesian Islands, it is hard to say what kind of person can't or hasn't. Not only does the diversity of the student body remove the threat of being singled out, but BYUH has a lot to offer academically as well. In short, really anyone can attend!

Anyone can attend this school because every professor we have here in this school are ph.d holders. We love our professors for their efforts in correcting our papers, asnwering our questions at odd times and even replying our junk questions. I'm so greatful to be here, i recommend those people who have never known the standards of dress and honor should come here to learn and go to serve in their office or homes. I highly recommend those people to come here so that they may know what is world and what world's expecting from them?

If you are strong in the Mormon faith, then this is the school for you. You can feel the spirit here and it is comfortable and stress-free to be around others who share your beliefs. I also suggest those who are not so strong in Mormonism to attend this school, because you get a good experience out of being here as the atmosphere and example of the people surrounding you open your eyes to the gospel. Also, people who enjoy a relaxed, country atmosphere would enjoy this school. It is on the countryside and close to the beach.

People who are looking to better their nature, in reference to their character and atmosphere in whom they become, will discover their true potential in blessing the lives of others here at Brigham Young University Hawaii. BYUH has a positive influence in their environment which helps those who attend stay consistantly uplifted and inspired to better one's own future. It provides great support and guidance educationally. Those who seek uplifting experiences and a positive change in their life should invest in attending at BYUH.