Brigham Young University-Hawaii

« See more reviews of Brigham Young University-Hawaii

Students who are interested in social parties which include drinking and drugs should not attend Brigham Young University-Hawaii. This campus has high standards required of each student to follow. That kind of inappropriate behavior is not tolerated. Also, students who are not interested in learning about other cultures, or who have racial prejudices against students of other countries should not attend this school. There is a special, culturally rich student population here, which is unlike any other school which should be used to its fullest potential, creating links between the world by making friends with students from other countries.

Like almost any school someone who doesn't care about their education and learning shouldn't attend school. There are so many eager minds out there who would love to opportunity to learn, grow and develop themselves. To not only benefit themselves but their family, friends and communities. Education is to be a fun experience yes, but also taken seriously. People who don't want to take their education or learning seriously should not attend this school. Plus, this school offers something even better and that is spirituality. This school is defnitly has high standards.

Students who are still contemplating their majors should not attend here. Students who want to take their time in achieving their degree should not attend here. This school is a very fast paced one with direct tracks to graduation. If a person is not willing to work above and beyond average, this is probably not the best school option for them. Also, the school is Christian-based and requires the students to abide by an honor code. Persons who are not spiritually motivated will struggle if they attend here. Anyone who lacks passion for the beach should not attend!

This school is very racially diverse. You will find people from all over the world attending this school. If someone has a problem with diversity, they shouldn't attend this school. This school is also very conservative and there aren't many big parties or much of a common social scene. The social scene here involves going to the beach, going on hikes, doing different adventures. If you're looking for a party, this is the wrong place. The community is highly integrated with local native Hawaiians and respect for the native people of this town is necessary.

Brigham Young University-Hawaii is a campus that is friendly and open to the cultures and beliefs of all the students, however it is a school with very high standards and an enforced honor code. The only type of person that should not attend this school are those who are not willing to abide by the honor code. The code is not unreasonable, but it is important to the entire environment of the campus. If one is not willing to try their best to live according to the standards expected at this University, they probably should consider a different school.

Brigham Young University-Hawaii is a wonderful school that allows you to not only receive academic progression but as well as religious and spiritual progression. If you would come to this school I would ask if you are someone who wants this type of progression. If you are then this school is perfect for you. On the other hand being a church school for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints you would be learning about this religion if you have hard feeling or negative thoughts about this religion then perhaps I would apply elsewhere.

Though I think this university has something to offer everyone, I would not recommend it to someone with narrow views or closed off to different lifestyles. Many different people come from all over the world and as such, no one does things the same or have the same mindset. With all these varied cultures, it is difficult for a person to say how should things should be since everyone comes from different backgrounds. The school is also religious base and has an enforced code that may not follow everyone's personal beliefs.

I think selfish person shouldn't attend this school. This school is trying to train and make leaders who can go back to place where they come from, and serve others in the community . I think it would be impossible to do that if they are selfish. Our school moto is "Enter to learn, Go forth to serve" in other words, a person who are looking just for their sucess would not fit in this school. Second, person who doesnt like to abide by the rules shouldnt attend this school, because we have honor code to follow always.

This university has high moral standards. Any student not willing to obide by those standards and live moraly should not attend this school. This school offers international experience and a beautiful background. Anyone not willing to get involved with a diverse group of people and experience new cultures should not attend this school. This school is rich with diversity and culture. It is in the heart of Hawaii and anyone who does not love the beach, out door activities, and paradise should not attend this school.

Depending on your personality all different kinds of people should attend this school for at least a short period of time. However, people who have the corporate ladder climbing type of personality would probably not appreciate this universities atmosphere. While there is still absolutely a competitive spirit we also have the spirit of Aloha-and we enjoy it. I have many friends who are top of their class but would probably not be the top at another university with a higher attendance rate.