Brigham Young University-Hawaii

« See more reviews of Brigham Young University-Hawaii

Probably the fact that there are so many different countries represented in the variety of students attending. Though the student population is very small, there are still so many different cultures; they are so accessible to everyone because class sizes are relatively small and you do come into contact everyday with non-Americans. It's probably the best thing about my school because there is so much respect learned by all who attend with an open heart and mind about culture. So much can be learned about the world through the students that attend, by their relationships with one another.

The best thing about our school is that we have such a diverse student body. We have students from over 70 different countries attending our university. Being able to meet new people and learn the cultures and ways of living from all these different countries provide us students with the ability to serve everyone areound the world and sets us to establishing world peace. Having such a diverse student body provides all of us students with the ability to serve, learn, and also teach. Having such a diverse student body is what creates that wonderful spirit which surrounds our campus.

This school is beautiful with its unique aloha-spirit to life. It makes you want to take an active role to be a leader and to help others that maybe less fortunate and help the world improve. The environment is very uplifting, the people are welcoming and theres a respect for elderly which is nice. The school encourages hands-on activities and classes to get students involved, educationionally and culturally. Brigham Young University of Hawaii becomes a home away from home because of its strong friendships that are created.It simply is a place of growth for a better funture.

The importance placed on moral values at this school is the best thing. Too much time and money is wasted when students become stuck in frivolous things outside of studies, treating school like a playground social event. Because of this unfortunate period of development, many don't obtain proper skills and the mind set necessary to succeed and make the most out of their studies. This school places strong emphasis on its "Honor Code" of conduct. This allows us to steer away from those things that would distract from success in studies and encourages us to become greater people.

The best thing about my school, Brigham Young University-Hawaii, is the ‘spirit of Aloha’. This isn't something tangible; it’s a feeling you get when experiencing love by rendering service to others. There are always ways to give service, which is something that overfills people with happiness. The peaceful and uplifting setting of a campus with a religious foundation helps me keep priorities in line. At such a crucial time in my life I’m so lucky to have an institution that focuses on building up its students through diversity of cultures, and nurturing a spirit of Aloha.

The best thing about Brigham Young University Hawaii is the diversity. The students are from all over the world, maily the south pacific islands, Asia, and north america, which provides a unique learning opprotunity on our small campus. The size of the school allowes students to become very familiare with eachother and to learn new things and experience new cultures as well as gaining a secular education. The unity of people and cultures that brings together and enhances the educational experience here is common belif in God, and desire to have high moral standards.

The best thing about BYU-Hawaii is the atmosphere. There are students from over 70 different countries attending this school, which makes the learning experience unbelievable. Not only do you learn from the teachers, but also from the students. You learn how to accept and get along with tons of different cultures and different kinds of people. Also, this is a church-based school. There is an honor code of rules that the students must follow. I am grateful for this because it helps me keep my standards, and I get to be around others who have my same standards.

Brigham Young University-Hawaii is following an Honor Code which exist to provide an education in an atmosphere consistent with the ideals and principles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. That atmosphere is created and preserved through commitment to conduct and reflects those ideals and principles. Those individuals who are not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are also expected to maintain the same standards of conduct. We are ecpected to Follow and do the Honor Code. That's the best thing about being here.

Brigham Young Hawaii campus embodies a wide varity of diversity on campus. Living here can acquaint you with people from over seventy countries. Since everyone comes from different background, no one would be judged and that is one of the best thing I enjoy the most about this campus. At first I was hesistant about attending BYUH because it is far from home and would be a major step out of my comfort zone. After meeting many nice peers, and professors on campus, I realized attending this university is the one of the best decisions I have ever made.

I considered the best thing BYU-Hawaii offers is the many diverse cultures each student brings from different parts of the world. And it is mpst interesting that even though we are all from different places we are connected through our beliefs and religion. It is a sweet spirit that resides at this campus, and you dont have to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to attend the college, many students who are not members are influenced and changed by the power of the Church and the high moral standards each BYU holds.