Dallas, TX
Brightwood College-Dallas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Brightwood College-Dallas

Terry

I have the benefit of scheduling classes around my busy schedule, study at times that are convenient, and do not have the hassle of driving in traffic or the aggravation spending money on gasoline. I have found all support staff to be very helpful and interested in my success and the instructors/professors truely participate in my education wanting to see positive results. I have found the overall experience with Kaplan University Online to be positive and rewarding.

How much fun it would be to learn again in an institution of higher learning!

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to attend Kaplan University Online because of the extensive course offerings and convenience. Being able to attend school from the convenience of my home , on my schedule, able to be with my family, are allimportant to me. Kaplan has been a perfect solution to achievieng my higher education!

I am an online student which would make this question irrelevant in my opinion, however there are societies, groups, clubs and organizations that are accesible through not only Kaplan but social media such as LinkedIn.

I do not believe that there is a stereotype represented at Kaplan University Online school. The demographics are wide and varied, from recent high school grads to returning students in there 40's and 50's years of age, all from different countries and walks of life. Because I am personally attending the Information Systems Technology Associate degree, I have ran into several other "techies" but would not classify anyone as being stereotyped.

Susan

I believe that at Kaplan the staff is truly interested in seeing you succeed. Whether in a traditional classroom setting or online, the instructors and office personnel frequently contact you to make sure you have all you need to succeed.

What do students complain about most?

Technical Support is not that great

What are your classes like?

We have open discussions, webinars and online classroom contact.

Tell us about your professors.

Most of my professors have been employed in the field in which they are teaching and are able to educate us from a personal experience standpoint

Do you feel like you changed a lot?

I feel I have grown emotionally as well as educationally

How often should I phone home? Is once a day too much?

I think you should phone home as often as you feel comfortable doing so.

Casual street clothes

What's the hardest thing about freshman year?

Becoming familiar with the campus programs and Library systems.

Set aside more time for studies than what you did for high school classes

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I needed something that was flexible and allowed me to do most of my studies online. This allows me to care for my children and work, without having to go to a traditional classroom.

Most people who attend Kaplan online spend most of their time in Library or Classroom mode. Chatting with other students and professors really help us excel in our studies.

I believe the ethnic dynamics of this school is very evenly proportioned amongst many of the races. Students from all over the world attend Kaplan and easily communicate within each class.

I really don't see that students at Kaplan are stereotyped. Many students do online studies due to families, jobs and other obligations. Kaplan has high standards for its students and there is no drugs or bullying allowed on any of its campuses.

glenneka

I think Kaplan University offers a wonderful way for the working adult to achieve higher learning. As a working mom, I find the courses designed to where I can complete assignments, and attend class, and it falls in line with my already hectic schedule!

What's the dating scene like?

The dating scene is like any other location; I guess the fact that I am not looking makes my knowledge limited unfortunatley.

What are your classes like?

My courses are wonderful, and filled with so much informaton. As a Legal Studies major, it is refreshing to have instructors that work in the legal field as lawyers and paralegals who are willing to share their expertise to aspiring paralegals and lawyers.

Describe the dorms.

Kaplan does not have dorms, the learning is primarily on-line based.

I don't drink. Will it be hard for me to go to parties?

I don't believe so. As a non drinker myself, I have never found it a bummer to be at a party and not have fun because I'm not drinking. I think the group always has a designated driver, and someone with a level head!

If you plan on attending an on-line university, please be dedicated to this choice! The online curriculium is really self motivated, and you truly need discipline to ensure you do well in these courses.

What do people really wear to class?

I think people just wear what their style is. If I'm cool and casual, then jeans it is. If I'm all about business, I may show up in a simple suit. The beauty of college is being able to "do you", and not have anyone question you about it.

You really need to be prepared for the amount of self-discipline it takes to be a college student. There is no more of the "did you do your homework", or "you have to get up and go to class" like there is as a high school student.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

As Kaplan is primarily on-line learning, there is not much of a sports scene. I am sure though, that given enough time, Kaplan can be a leader when it comes to sports, we just need the students to back a plan for this!

Tell us about your professors.

I am truly impressed by the professors at Kaplan University. As a Legal Studies major, I find it reassuring that the majority of the professors are practicing attorneys. I was even more impressed to find that some of the teachers are paralegals, and as someone who initially wants to be a paralegal, it is refreshing to see the legal field throught the eyes of a paralegal. The professors are extremely knowledgeable, and truly prepare their students for careers in their respective field.

What's the Greek scene like?

Unfortunately, with Kaplan being an online based course of study, there is no greek life. I would hope that over time, the regulations that govern these societies will add online universities, so that the population can benefit from these organizations.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

After some serious research, I decided on Kaplan University for a few reasons. The flexibility I am offered to attend school was my number one reason though. As a working mom, it was such a breath of fresh air to find a program that is completely online, but the weekly interaction is as if I am sitting in a classroom on campus. The professors are extremely knowledgeable, and I feel that upon graduation, I will be ready to join the workforce as a professional in the legal field!

I think Kaplan has a wonderful student involvement area, with many different clubs and groups that are unique to your major.

I think the students at Kaplan University are a diverse group of individuals. The students come from different backgrounds and ways of life, and many of the learners are at different stages in life.

I thinkg the biggest stereotype is that as an on-line university, Kaplan University is not really a "real college". I think this could not be further from the truth; I have gained a truly highly reliable education while at Kaplan, and have even maintained my grade point average to the level of being invited to an honors society. Kaplan University has everything to offer that a traditional university does, but has the added flexibility that a working adult desires.

As a Legal Studies major, I believe Kaplan excels in offering curriculum that can truly be applied in the workforce. Every professor I have has enumerable experience on the subjects they are teaching, and do an exceptional job in ensuring that the information is absorbed by everyone in the class.

Kristen

What do people really wear to class?

Considering, I attend class in my house on my computer, I wear whatever I feel like. I have gone to class in my pajamas on numerous occasions. At Kaplan University On-line, no body sees you. They only see what you type.

What's the hardest thing about freshman year?

The hardest thing about starting Kaplan University, was to get over my fear of attending college. I am glad I faced my fear and went.

What are your classes like?

At Kaplan University, you attend a live weekly seminar via pc. Seminars are an hour long. During the live seminar, you hear your professor through the speakers on the pc, or you can plug headphones in and hear that way as well. The students attending seminar are provided a chat window which is right next to the whiteboard. This chat window allows you to interact with your classmates, and ask the professor questions during the live the seminar. Kaplan University is on eastern standard time, which allows students from anywhere to attend the live seminar at the same time.

Kaplan University offers an array of organizations, and groups. I have been formally invited to The National Society of Collegiate Scholars. This organization offers scholarships, resume writing, and its a social network.

Christian

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to go to Kaplan University Online because I needed to keep a full time job and get my degree at the same time. Kaplan allows me to do this and they offer a degree program that interests me. It also helpes that I receive a discount on my tuition from the place I currently work. With Kaplan I will be able to get my degree on my own time.

There are a few clubs that can be joined, but since this is an online school it is a much different atmosphere than campus universities. We do not have the opportunity to see each other outside of class.

Since this is an online school, students do not see each other like a campus based school. Seminars meet once a week for each class that are like a educaional chat room. In one class you will see students from all over the United States. The campus platform is easy to use and has been reliable. If such problems arise, there are IT staff to help you by calling or live chat. I do not believe that any student would feel out of place at this school and everyone so far has been very supportive of each other. We all have a common educational goal and a life to live while we earn it.

I believe acedemics are very important at Kaplan University. They strive to make sure that you can succeed with your education. An attendance goal is mandatory each week and class participation is a nessecity. There are seminars for each class once a week that focus on the week's material and allow for discussion about the class topic. The professors do their best to make sure all questions are answered and that everyone is clear on the material. The academic requirements are set to a reasonable standard. The education goal is to be successful and get the career that you want.

I do not believe there are stereotypes at my school. Being an online school we do not see these people on an everyday basis. The students are just everyday people ranging in age and ethnic backgrounds trying to earn their education. In your different classes there are people from all over the United States attending. Most are people trying to earn their education while working or being parents.

Destiny

The best thing about Kaplan University is that the classes are flexible and you can do your work on your own time.

Since classes are online i wouldnt exactly be able to say..

The students are all great.

The professors know our names. The class participation is great during seminars. My major is medical assistant. The education is geared toward learning and making yourself educated and helping you get a job.

Stacy

The best thing about Kaplan would be the friendly staff members and fellow students. The class size is not too large for students to get a one on one learning style they are just right. When people react about me attending this school they almost always say that the school is to expensive. I am a student who does online classes so I do not attend the campus often. I believe that the school administration is great so far what I have had to deal with they are on top of everything.

Yes I do know my professors name and the friendly and helpful. My favorite class would have to be pharmacology it is just so much fun. Sociology is hard for me and that is probably why it is my least favorite class. I am an online student and I have study a lot at least 3 to 4 hours most days. I am a student who is taking the Medical Assistant program.

I believe that a stereotype of students at Kaplan would be students that are geeks. There is a huge variety of types of students at Kaplan such as mothers, fathers, military and student right out of highschool.

Heather

My opinion of Kaplan is that it is a great place for students that are looking to work hard and get their degree without the hassle of running two miles from one side of campus to the other. Kaplan has one of the best varieties of programs and classes. The professors are helpful and really care about what they do. Tha Kaplan Library offers an extensive collection that is accessible to students. This really helps with research and other projects in class. The academic support center is one of the best I have encountered, and the services are all free to students of Kaplan. Kaplan is a great school if you are serious about obtaining your degree.

Tell us about your professors.

Professors at Kaplan are great! They really assist you in your journey to reach your goals. They are there to answer questions and work through items that you do not understand. They are very involved in seeing that each student understands the curriculum and is able to acheive a good grade.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

After considering many schools, I felt that Kaplan best fit my schedule. I have a full-time job and a family that I have to take care of. Being able to go back to school meant that I would have to have a school that was flexible with class times. Kaplan had the best flexibility that allows me to maintain my job and take care of my family while working toward my degree.

There are many organizations that Kaplan participates in. At this point with all of the dedication and hardwork that students put it, I would have to say that the most popular groups are the honor societies. What student doesn't love to see that coveted email inviting you to be a member of a national honor society? There are also groups that are dedicated to global causes, like minded students, and degree specific groups.

Students at Kaplan come from all types of backgrounds, cultures, and age ranges. There are students that just come from high school, and there are students that are middle-aged coming back to school to obtain their degree. Kaplan is full of students that are working hard to get their degrees so they do not really have time to brag or worry about how much they will make or what financial backgrounds each student comes from. Students at Kaplan are respectable adults.

Classes at Kaplan are tough. However, the professors are great with assisting if you need extra help or do not understand something. Professors get to know you in the seminar and will address you by name. Classes in the business program are challenging and informative. You really learn a lot and if you already have a job in business can really help you to excel at your current job. Class weeks run Wed-Tues. so students are always working and studying for class. This is why Kaplan is a school for serious students, those that really want to work toward receiving their degree.

At Kaplan there is not really any stereotypes. Kaplan consists of students of all ages that are ready to work hard to earn their degree. There are many returning students that are here to further their education as well as students that are straight out of high school looking to get their first college experience.

Laura

Kaplan University Online is awesome. I do not have to worry about commuting to campus. Noncommute saves gasoline. When I tell people I go to this school, they are usually shocked I got in anyway, because I did not do so great in highschool. I do not have to go to campus. My "college town" is my living room. The school's administration is very professional. No controversies here!

W.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to attend Kaplan simply because of convenience at first, but I am glad that I did because I don't think any other school could meet my needs the way Kaplan does. I work more then 80 hours a week every week, I am also devoted to my family and friends. I own a couple very small companies and I am writting a book (my first one), so I am a little busy and the decision to go back to school was on the condition that I could attend, maintain a good GPA, and still do the things that I enjoy. I have found all of that with Kaplan University.

• $0

Brightwood College-Dallas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.