Brightwood College-Dallas Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

Susan

I really don't see that students at Kaplan are stereotyped. Many students do online studies due to families, jobs and other obligations. Kaplan has high standards for its students and there is no drugs or bullying allowed on any of its campuses.

Destiny

Since classes are online i wouldnt exactly be able to say..

Stacy

I believe that a stereotype of students at Kaplan would be students that are geeks. There is a huge variety of types of students at Kaplan such as mothers, fathers, military and student right out of highschool.

Heather

At Kaplan there is not really any stereotypes. Kaplan consists of students of all ages that are ready to work hard to earn their degree. There are many returning students that are here to further their education as well as students that are straight out of high school looking to get their first college experience.

Christian

I do not believe there are stereotypes at my school. Being an online school we do not see these people on an everyday basis. The students are just everyday people ranging in age and ethnic backgrounds trying to earn their education. In your different classes there are people from all over the United States attending. Most are people trying to earn their education while working or being parents.

teresa

This is a school that I have found everyone and anyone can fit in! I enjoy it and feel that if you fit the learning style then you will enjoy it too.

Bernadette

I would have to say that a common stereotype of the students at Kaplan University is that the students are lazy and that they can't get into a "better" college. I do not feel that this stereotype is accurate because the truth is a lot of the students who enroll at Kaplan University whether it be for online courses or campus courses have jobs and a busy schedule. I feel that the stereotype that students at Kaplan University are lazy is also inaccurate because they have to be extremely disciplined in finishing their coursework and in studying their material from class.

Trina

Terry

I do not believe that there is a stereotype represented at Kaplan University Online school. The demographics are wide and varied, from recent high school grads to returning students in there 40's and 50's years of age, all from different countries and walks of life. Because I am personally attending the Information Systems Technology Associate degree, I have ran into several other "techies" but would not classify anyone as being stereotyped.

glenneka

I thinkg the biggest stereotype is that as an on-line university, Kaplan University is not really a "real college". I think this could not be further from the truth; I have gained a truly highly reliable education while at Kaplan, and have even maintained my grade point average to the level of being invited to an honors society. Kaplan University has everything to offer that a traditional university does, but has the added flexibility that a working adult desires.

Heather

I attend my school online. One of the stereotypes of online students is that going to school online is so much easier and you are not a "real" student. Online classes are actually as difficult, if not more than a typical college classroom. You have to be extremely dedicated and self sufficient to succeed at online school. And you receive the same degree whether online or in a classroom.

Being an online student at Kaplan, there were absolutely no stereotypes. It was a virtual world, and all walks of life were joined to interact and embrace each other via internet. We cannot see each other, although we are asked to tell a little about yourself in the beginning. No person will put down the type of person they are except their general life (e.g. I am a mother of two beautiful kids who works at the bank and enjoys gardening..)