Brightwood College-Dallas Top Questions

Susan

I believe that at Kaplan the staff is truly interested in seeing you succeed. Whether in a traditional classroom setting or online, the instructors and office personnel frequently contact you to make sure you have all you need to succeed.

Destiny

The best thing about Kaplan University is that the classes are flexible and you can do your work on your own time.

Stacy

The best thing about Kaplan would be the friendly staff members and fellow students. The class size is not too large for students to get a one on one learning style they are just right. When people react about me attending this school they almost always say that the school is to expensive. I am a student who does online classes so I do not attend the campus often. I believe that the school administration is great so far what I have had to deal with they are on top of everything.

My opinion of Kaplan is that it is a great place for students that are looking to work hard and get their degree without the hassle of running two miles from one side of campus to the other. Kaplan has one of the best varieties of programs and classes. The professors are helpful and really care about what they do. Tha Kaplan Library offers an extensive collection that is accessible to students. This really helps with research and other projects in class. The academic support center is one of the best I have encountered, and the services are all free to students of Kaplan. Kaplan is a great school if you are serious about obtaining your degree.

Kaplan University Online is awesome. I do not have to worry about commuting to campus. Noncommute saves gasoline. When I tell people I go to this school, they are usually shocked I got in anyway, because I did not do so great in highschool. I do not have to go to campus. My "college town" is my living room. The school's administration is very professional. No controversies here!

The best thing about this school is that a student can take courses and earn a degree all online from the privacy of their home. Most classes are offered online. There are interactive seminars where the student can hear the professor talking and respond by typing in answers. This helps to reduce sound in the classroom and encourges class participation. The professors and the students can go back and review the material at any time during the length of the course. Multiple seminars are also offered, so if a student misses one seminar, they can attend another one and still recieve full credit. There is a lot of school pride among the students and the professors. There are Facebook pages that are specific to the type of school/degree that is offered as well as for the different societies offered at the school. There is even a Facebook page called "Kaplan University Gradebook Stalkers" that is open to all the students and provides great support for everyone. The most frequent complaints about the school is when the server is down and the students have trouble getting into the classrooms and seminars. There is a Tech Support hotline that will help the student obtain access to the classroom or seminar. All in all, Kaplan offers a wide range of courses online that is really great for anyone that may have trouble going to a campus school, either because they have to work, or just want to stay home with the baby.

Bernadette

My overrall opinion of Kaplan University is that it is a great school that offers great support and convenience. I attend their online courses. The class size is ideal; usually a class has about 20-25 students and the professors are great at communicating with students about questions or concerns a student may have. One thing that I would change about this school is the flexible seminar option. The flexible seminar option offers students multiple times a week to attend a seminar. It can make it hard for students to remember to attend seminar with this schedule since there is no set time for the seminar.

Trina

I love Kaplan University. I currently have a 3.98 GPA and I am working on my BS in Human Services. The professors that I have had so far, really push their students towards excellence. If any questions should come up about a upcoming project or any difficulties answering a Discussion Board question or with the current unit subject, they really do a great job responding to you or pointing the student in the right direction regarding that help that they may need.

Terry

I have the benefit of scheduling classes around my busy schedule, study at times that are convenient, and do not have the hassle of driving in traffic or the aggravation spending money on gasoline. I have found all support staff to be very helpful and interested in my success and the instructors/professors truely participate in my education wanting to see positive results. I have found the overall experience with Kaplan University Online to be positive and rewarding.

glenneka

I think Kaplan University offers a wonderful way for the working adult to achieve higher learning. As a working mom, I find the courses designed to where I can complete assignments, and attend class, and it falls in line with my already hectic schedule!

My overall opinion is that my experience doing online classes with this school was far more amazing than I expected it to be. My interaction with fellow students and my professors were better than it was at my community college on campus. Everything was professional as far as how you presented yourself through discussion boards and seminars. The professors are there to guide you and the school is readily available with many resources; being an online school, THAT was really important to me.