San Diego, CA
Brightwood College-San Diego

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Brightwood College-San Diego

Desiree

My school focuses directly on the career of your choice and offers hands on and visual learning that has helped me tremendously as a student. Going to a community college I felt lost and confused however with Kaplan C ollege I am getting all A's and I'm happy to attend school everyday. Their focus is completely on the students and our success and it shows. If it weren't for Kaplan I wouldn't have a promisising future.

First I would say college is a challenge but as long as you are dedicated you will be successful. Secondly, attend class EVERYDAY as long as you can, 80% of life is just showing up. Third, manage your time wisely because it will make your life so much easier. Fourth, ask for help from the professors anytime you are not sure of an assignment because that's what they are there for is to help you succeed. Lastly, stay positive, there will be so many times when you feel discouraged but don't give up. Believe in yourself because you can do anything you put your mind to. I know that sounds so cliche but it's true! Once you start doubting yourself is when you start to fall behind because you think you can't do it anymore. Also, HAVE FUN! There is a time and place for everything just stay focused and you will be great :)

Someone who shouldn't attend this school is someone who doesn't care about their future and doesn't take it seriously. A lot of programs deal with Health Care and if you are not serious and dedicated than we are talking about peoples lives at stake.

Joanne

If I could go back in time and talk to the 2004 me, I am sure I would closely resemble my father! I don't know how many times he tried to tell me how important school is. Now in 2010, I am 23, and working really hard to become a nurse. I would tell my 2004 self that while you are in the military, GO TO SCHOOL- IT'S FREE! I would also tell myself college is hard, but so rewarding when you succesfully complete your classes. Lastly, I would tell myself no matter what things happen, sometimes things we have no control over. Instead of spending time worrying and feeling bad, focus that energy on making your life bright and successful. The 2010 me works hard at work and school, and provides her daughter love, patience, and structure; and somehow keeps her head above the water.

The best thing about my school is that I can still work and attend school for my dream of becoming a Nurse. I felt I was getting so many closed doors until I came upon Kaplan (formerly Maric College) in pursuing my dream because I am a single mother who works full time. This school allows me to make my dream a reality, and provide a brigther future for myself and my daughter.

Anyone who has to work full time to support their family would benefit from this school. They have evening classes that allow you to still earn a degree.

Sumetta

Kaplan College, formerly known as Maric College is well-known throughout San Diego County for educating well-trained entry-level Nurses. They provided extensive hands-on training and the teachers have so much faith in their students that they act as pateints for them on a regular basis.

Do not be like most students and think your are already finished with school and take the easy route your senior year. Challenge yourself in every possible way as it will only better prepare you for what is in store for you as a college freshman. Do not rely on your teacher to remind you when an assignment is due and when to study; you will not receive that treatment in college. Get involved in your community: volunteer, join clubs and organizations; play sports at school, all of these things will open more doors for you by way of scholarships and grants. Not to mention, being involved in numerous activities will help you learn time management which will be your key to success in college.

The worst thing about my school is the parking. I work from 8a-5p and have class from 5:45p-10:45p so getting to class on time can be a hassle when there's no parking. The school offers valet parking however they park cars against the curb and not in actual parking spaces making the valet parked cars most likely to get hit by someone backing out of a space. Naturally, the school will not be liable for any damages so I choose to seek parking on my own and run to class.

Samuel

They are all motivated, ready to learn, and all are eager to finish college and go to work.

I would tell myself to know what you really want to do in life, take up a coarse where you will benefit in terms of salary, and self fulfillment. College life is not easy, you will struggle and you will face various challenges as you go along the way. Learn to ask for help if you need it, sometimes it's not all about you. Always pray and don't forget to thank the Lord in all you endevours and blessings. Also learn how to budget money and spend time wisely, you will thank yourself eventually for doing this. And lastly if you meet sombody beautifull, smart, kind hearted and her name happens to be Segrine during your college days, Cherish and love her because she will be your wife someday. =)

A person who is not motivated, who is not willing to better one's career, and one who is afraid to take up new challenges in life.

Karen

Maric College, now known as Kaplan College, is a trade school that allows students--whether they are high school graduates or adult re-entry students-- to build on their technical skills to make them better competitors in the job market.

I will start Kaplan College in eight days! I will let you know when I begin my courses.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would definitely tell myself to create a four-year college plan so I can study abroad. If changes need to be made on the four-year plan, then go ahead and make immediate changes as to cater to going abroad. Studying abroad is something I regret not doing while I was in university. I focused on finishing my degree in the shortest time possible, but in retrospect, I really missed out on a lifetime experience. My overseas friends told me about their wonderful experiences -- being in a foreign country with a new culture, language, school, and new friends -- what a way to push beyond your comfort zone! After graduating from university, I decided to take a 6-week backpacking trip to Europe; I wanted to experience half of what my friends had experienced while studying abroad. Through my travels, I learned to appreciate each culture for their differences and similarities, and it was one of the most fulfilling things I have ever done. Hence, if I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell convince myself to study abroad.

Sophia

Educational and Professional training that allows nurses to feel ready when entering the workforce.

Kaplan College ( aka Maric College) Has allowed me to enter an associate degree program in nursing without waiting on a list for 2 or more years. I began the application process mid October and was accepted as a student in November and my first class begins on Jan. 19 2010. This was a must for me since I am a 40 year old wife and mother that worked as a medical assistant for the past 10 years and due to the current job shortages, was unable to find a position as a medical assistant when I lost my job.

I would tell myself to work hard now so you can enjoy life at a later age. Don't be intimidated by the application process and make certain to apply for any grant or scholarship that helps fund your education.

• $0

Brightwood College-San Diego administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.