Fall River, MA
Bristol Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bristol Community College

Nicsaii

I enjoy the school. I'm here to learn, so I haven't really explored too much about things like extra curricular activities and sports. But, I know that they exist here because I see people often times advertising clubs and sports. There's no housing for the school, but that's to be expected of a community college, so I have no complaints.

Haley

Bristol community college is a great school. I have learned a lot in my time at this school and I have met a lot of interesting people here. The size of the classrooms at this school is reasonable and it isn’t too large. I like how a lot of the staff are helpful and kind as well. They are great at giving you advice. I also like to eat the food there since they do a great job making the food on campus here. It is a pretty good school since you can transfer to a four year school for a cheaper price.

BCC is a great starting college to prepare you for transferring. There are always people you can talk to about transferring to other schools and about which courses to take to get the best outcome. There are some professors who are amazing and some who will do the least amount of work. Overall its a great school that offers great certifications for students looking for something new. Love the fact students of all ages are in the course so you get a fresh opinion.

BCC is a great launch point to send you off to bigger and brighter things. I started as a student aiming to get a certificate in Early Education, but with the support of some awesome professors, I changed to an associates degree and am now on my way to a 4 year school. During my time at BCC, I've found that the majority of professors are highly credited, easy to work with, and will do their best to help you achieve your educational goals. My advisers have been extremely helpful, helping me find a schedule and classes that will work for me and my schedule. The fact that there are multiple campuses can be helpful as it gives you more flexibility when it comes to making a schedule, and resources such as the tutoring center and the library services desk have been extremely beneficial to me as a student. Besides the gen-eds and the core major classes, they also may offer some more unique and specialized courses, so be on the lookout! I was able to fulfill a English requirement with a class on comics and graphic novels, and I was also able to create an Irish culture and history course with the help of some great professors. Overall, I've enjoyed my time at BCC. My advice: Utilize the student services, don't be afraid to take online classes or classes on multiple campuses, and befriend your professors! They will be your best resources, especially as you get ready to move on to a four year program.

Kayleen

Bristol Community College serves its purpose. Now, it is a Community College so we don't have large sporting events and sororities, but we do have great students and faculty members all trying to make a difference within the community. The college is very community driven, trying to create the best set of next generation workers. As for someone like me, getting back into college after a few years out of school, it was the best decision.

Davina

Bristol Comunity College at the Taunton Center is extremely convenient. You have food, shops, an arcade/bowling area of the mall to go to if you have time between your classes and you can even find part-time job opportunities. It makes my life so much easier knowing that it is an all in one experience.

raymond

The college is a decent community college and offers everything that a typical community college does, but if you plan on pursuing any kind of science degree while you have a full time job during the day, it is nearly impossible.

Donna

The advice I have for my high school self would have to be "STAY IN SCHOOL"! Do not quit at 16, because even though you'll have your GED before your class graduates you will not return to school untill you are in your 40's and you won't finish your degree untill you are in your mid 50's. Trying to finance college, at this age, without amassing student loans is not an easy endeavor. With your academic acumen and the fact that you come from an underprivileged family you will have more financial opportunities available to further your education.

I wish I had known what courses would have transferred to a 4 yr. college in the field I am progressing in.

This school is multi racial, economical (for Ma. residents especially) and very co-operative with students.

If I could talk to my senior self, I would warn myself to start saving early. I went to the University of Kentucky for half of a semester and now owe them over $9000. Had I started saving all of the money I earned senior year, I would owe $3500, not $9000. It's still a lot of money, but it's a sum I find easier to pay off.

The staff works as hard as they can to give myself and all of the other students the best college experience. If I need help, they go completely out of their way to help me. They gave me step by step instructions on what to do to register, what website to visit, where to find the list of classes I'll need and what code to put in my FAFSA application. They also help other students however they can with a monthly food drive and occasional contests to earn a little extra money to pay what we need to.

Bristol Community College is the best for my situation; they saved me from a huge university debt, got me on the best career path, and make getting a degree as simple as possible.

Brian

My classmates are eager to acomplish any tasks assigned to complete the class to transfer with an associates degree to a different institution.

The advice that I would give myself as a high school senior would be to work hard and keep my grades up, because this forms good habits for when you get in to college. It is also very important to explore all your options for each college to figure out which ones offer the major of study you are looking for. I would advise myself that I am not locked in to any one major, so even if I am unsure of what I want to do, it is still ok to attend college. Most colleges require the same core courses, along with some electives, which may lead you to pick a different major than what you thought you wanted. Most importantly, I'd advise myself to start college right away instead of putting it off, even if I have to start at a community college, or even just taking one course at a time for financial or family reasons.

a person should attend this insutitution if they would like a degree in a certain program that would like to save money by going here instead of a bigger institution, or somebody who works during the day and then can go to classes at night, or someone who is just on limited funds.

Bristol Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.