Brookdale Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Brookdale Community College

Jason

I loved the experience. It was very fulfilling and all the professors interact with their students greatly and make an effort to help them. It's a community college, so it is expected that students would have low expectations of the facilities and the place at first. But I am glad that I am an alumni of BCC.

Andrew

Brookdale Community College is just that: a community college. Some are just there to learn (me), some are there to save money before going to a four-year (also me), some are there because they had nothing else going on and their parents forced them to go. Quite honestly, I went into Brookdale with low expectations, and while it is no Ivy League institution, I was surprised at the academic level of the classes. There are some easy A courses, but I have learned a lot, and some classes have even been slightly challenging. The campus is actually pretty nice, and the library has a decent selection if that is your thing. The cafeteria and the campus store are kind of expensive, but they are there if you need them. The quality of the staff varies widely; some of the adjuncts are difficult to understand and have little interest in actual student success, while others are excellent at instruction and heavily invested in student success, even though this is just their side gig. The full-time professors are of high quality, for the most part. The advisors are kind of hit-and-miss; some know what they are doing and want to help, others know less than you do and just want you to leave. The campus roads and parking lots are danger zones, so drive and walk extra carefully. I have heard secondhand reports of drug-use, theft, and other crimes, but have not actually seen any of this, and feel pretty safe for the most part. If I had the cash, would I have chosen a four-year over Brookdale? Absolutely. Being that I don’t, I am glad that Brookdale was an option, and I am glad to have chosen it.

Erin

Brookdale Community College was the perfect fit for me. I was not quite ready to apply for a four year school right out of high school, and Brookdale was the best choice. I became involved with many clubs on campus, which made my experience memorable. If anyone is interested in attending a community college, I would highly suggest Brookdale.

Alyssa

I think it is a good starting point if you’re unsure of what you want to do and if you’re looking to save money and work while getting an education. Brookdale does offer a lot of majors and has plenty of clubs and other activities/events that take place. It is a comfortable environment and feels safe.

Mariel

I was reluctant at first to attend Brookdale due to the community college stigma surrounding it, though after my first semester here I have come to the conclusion that it is the best decision I have ever made. The campus is beautiful and great to walk around, it has good food and lots of events going on at all times, everyone is friendly, fitting in is not an issue. Overall this college has saved me thousands of dollars and I am getting a great college experience and education here.

Erinne

Attending Brookdale was never my first choice. However, I have yet to be disappointed. I've made many friends and joined even more clubs. Each week I look forward to attending class and learning more things from the amazing professors at Brookdale. After spending 2 years here at Brookdale, I couldn't imagine starting anywhere else.

Sabrina

Brookdale Community College is an excellent example of what a community college is supposed to be. The staff is excellent, the campus is beautiful and easily accessible and the education is one of a kind. I graduated from Brookdale feeling secure and satisfied with the education I received.

Veronique

Brookdale is an amazing place to make good friends and to find amazing professors who will support you throughout your college career. The professors really care about your education and if you understand their lessons. They're incredibly supportive and they believe in your capabilities. There's a lot of clubs to join that meet on Tuesday or Thursday every week and there is an honor society, Phi Theta Kappa, which offers amazing perks and leadership opportunities.

Alvin

This a great school to attend for 2 years and then transfer to another school. This school is really only meant to go to class and go home. There isn't really much else to do and the closes place to get food is at least a 20 minute walk. I wouldn't spend too much time here except going to Club meetings or class

Overall, I really like Brookdale Community College. While we may not have on-campus housing, Greek life, or other things you may find at a four-year institution, it has many things that you will not find anywhere else. Small class sizes and kind, well-educated professors allow students to experience an education just as beneficial, if not better, than that of a four your institution. It is an excellent place to start your college experience, especially if you do not yet know what you would like to major in. So for anyone who is an undeclared major, unsure where they want to attend college, or looking to save a significant amount of money on their education, Brookdale Community College is the right place for them!

Beau

I like it personally. it's one of the best community colleges in the nation. It makes me want to become a better student. Whenever I need help they are always available. Brookdale offers many resources that will help you succeed. I'm glad I had made the right choice to attend this school.

Shoshanna

When I walked into Brookdale Community College for the very first time, I simply felt at home. The students I met, the faculty who greeted me, and the overall the size and feeling of the school simply felt just right. Brookdale's amenities and campus truly made myself and my peers forget we were attending a community college. The constant events that were taking place on campus made me want to stay and meet new people. Overall, the staff and services that go into making Brookdale Community College has truly made me fortunate enough to say that Brookdale was an amazing place that I wad fortunate enough to call my home for the past two years.

Jack

There is no housing due too it being a community college. I actually figured out what I really wanted to do here. Originally I was going to be a Computer Programmer, Though I was always involved in film. My first year I joined the film club and I have enjoyed it ever since. Classes usually give you a challenge but are never overbearing. Other students are generally very nice, I've struck up plenty conversation with fellow students outside of class

Kenneth

Ever since I started taking dual enrollment classes at Brookdale Community College last year, I've really felt at home. There are so many great opportunities, classes, activities, and outstanding professors who support their students. I also love the scenery and safety of Brookdale Community College which really made me feel welcomed. Personally, I would highly recommend Brookdale Community College to anyone. In conclusion, Brookdale Community College is one of the most outstanding colleges I have ever been to and I for one cannot wait to begin my college freshman year.

Susie

Brookdale Community College has made me a motivated individual who loves to learn, get involved, and meet new people. Myself as well as others often wish that it was a four year university. My professors have gone above and beyond, and I have never felt more comfortable in school. With so many services available, I was always able to find help with anything I could possibly need. Functions and events at Brookdale definitely motivated me to schedule classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that I could attend the magician, hypnotist, poet, rapper, reader, or anything of interest! There was always so much going on at Brookdale that I didn't have time to attend everything! The memories I have their will last me a lifetime. From therapy dogs twice a year to finals week relaxing massages and oxygen tanks, the list goes on and on. The visiting writer series, as well as innumerable visiting speakers blew my mind with wild stories. Free dip and dots are always fun, as well as pizza and hot cocoa, and popcorn with movies. Free raffles and bookstore giveaways, scholarships, MathLab Day, etc, I could go on forever! With 3-D video games, Valentine's Day card making, photo booths, live entertainment, games and prizes, it's hard to choose my favorite. Discounted field trips and outside events...vendors who made mugs for us with our picture on it... it makes it so fun! My stay at Brookdale was beautiful. With a twenty-two minute commute, and a scenic drive in that, the parking was always easy. I was even lucky enough to meet my current boyfriend in my biology class. I love Brookdale with all of my heart, and I'm beyond excited to continue my education at the Brookdale in Freehold partnership with Rutgers in my psychology bachelors program.

Great school, even better nursing program! Highly reccomend for anyone interested in attending a community college. I especially like that they have contracts with universities which makes the transition to obtaining you bachelors degree a breeze. Financial aid office is not helpful unless you visit the office in person. All professors and other staff are great!

lauren

Brookdale Community College is a great school. The staff is very helpful, the campus and class schedule options are really convenient, and overall the school is nice. The main campus is scenic. Its also really easy to make a class schedule online. I will miss this school!

Veronique

Brookdale is an amazing 2 year college, the spaces are clean and there is a lot of green. The library is well stocked and all of the professors and staff are very helpful and nice, if you don't understand something they will gladly take the time to help you out.

Abigial

Brookdale is generally a great place to go to learn, very flexible and convenient. Some teachers are always available while others tend to only be able to contact in class. There are clubs but they aren't advertised well. Most talking is done in class, and then you leave. It is a hard place to make friends if your class isn't interactive. Most of the time I got to class do my work and go home, which isn’t like me. I’m a very social person, but I found it hard to socialize here being as though in class you have to focus on your work and after class you kind of just go home because there is no on campus housing. Curriculums are good, throughout my Brookdale experience I have had some very amazing teachers, but I have also had some teachers who are not so good. What I mean by this is although they teach the class their lectures don’t help me with the tests or quizzes and most often I would have to re-teach myself the lessons for class.

Claudia

I'm only here to save money. You only save on tuition, everything else is way overpriced. Class sizes are nice because it's small enough to feel like the professors notice you, but it'd mostly people that don't want to go to college yet their parents are forcing them too.

Andrew

Brookdale Community College is alright if you want to begin higher education but are unsure what direction you want to pursue. It is a community college, what more can I say? I found the average difficulty level somewhere between easy and moderately difficult, depending on the class. If you take your studies seriously, you will find yourself slightly challenged and learn some new things.

Fatima

Brookdale community college is a great stepping stone into the 4 year degree world. With professors who are extremely knowledgable in their respective fields, you couldn't ask for a better starter to your academic career. Always read the teachers academic review on rate your professor- they are extremely accurate and will help pick the teacher that wants to see u succeed and has the tools to do so!

Cristiana

I love it! The opportunities and resources provided by Brookdale are amazing. What I love the most is the range of choice students have when it comes to classes, student organizations, study abroad opportunities, research, and more. The classes are small and the students get the chance to get to know one another and their professors.

Brianna

Its a nice school to start off with if you're looking to save money through classes. They have a big focus on their nursing degrees and they're classes are very good. I've been here three years and I'm going to transfer in the fall, Brookdale definitely prepared me for what I will face in a university.

deneisha

At first, I was skeptical of coming to Brookdale. Due to the fact, the school is so local I was worried about seeing old faces and not getting the scenery I wanted by going to community college. Brookdale has definitely taught me some life aspects and changed my mind. The teachers care about your well being here and I love that the most. Everything and everyone is so accessible here at Brookdale and the class sizes are great.

Jenelle

Get environment with plenty of learning opportunities

Katrina

Brookdale is a small, but an amazing place to learn. The faculty really work hard to make this a place of equal opportunity. With the multitude of resources and the kind students and staff willing to help you, this school makes you feel like you can do anything. Brookdale really takes care of it's students and gives them the proper and necessary tools to exceed.

Zamira

So good like wowz...........…………………………………

Vanessa

It’s a good place to test the waters of college. It helps prepare you for four year colleges by giving you more of a foundation than high school. The teachers at Brookdale take pride in helping their students. There’s also many avenues you can use to get academic help. Overall i think it’s a great school and it helps you save some money.

Darius

I really enjoyed my visit to Brookdale CC. I met the baseball coach and he was a very nice guy, caring and compassionate. I enjoyed the hospitality and the campus itself. When I went for my visit I noticed the baseball field getting redone and a karate tournament and that shows how much the campus is used and liked for people in the area.

Timothy

Has everything I need for a community college. The campus is nice.The teachers are accessible. The location is a few miles from me so I can't complain. I started coming here as high school freshman and I didn't feel out of place at all. I highly recommend it.

Joshua

I think it is a good school to get and Associates degree. They offer a wide variety of majors and classes to take. The teachers there are helpful and are invested in the students and want the best for them. The school offers other services like extra help and peer tutoring and other things to help students be successful.