Brookhaven College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Brookhaven College

Patricia

In my opinion Brookhaven is a good school. It is a community college so most of the classrooms are not always full! which is awesome because the less people in the classroom the more you learn and the more you get to interact with your classmates and professors.

Robyn

Brookhaven College has a very safe and calm environment with a beautiful scenery. The school has multiple areas for students to study, relax, or hang out with their peers. Personally, my favorite area is their cherished art gallery, where many students’ gorgeous artwork is showcased inside of a quaint and spacious room. However, the art gallery is not the only place art is displayed. Brookhaven College values are so much, student visual artworks can be found all over campus in different buildings! Not only is Brookhaven College considerate of those interested in visual arts, but performance arts too! The school teaches multiple music courses and even offers instrumental lessons. In fact, the school offers special rooms where students can practice their craft. Although I do not play any instruments, I enjoy spending time in the music hall because I am able to be moved by the sound of students beautifly playing instruments. Then again, I also enjoy being near the theater practicum because I can watch theater participants act, which is very entertaining. Although the school lacks in the sports and sorority department, there is still a lot of school spirit. In fact, students often create their own clubs. For example, students had formed an anime club (as a person who has attended a few anime club meetings, I can say that it is a lot of fun and is a great way to meet new peers)! That being said, I am proud to attend a college that gives students the freedom to share their passions as a form of school spirit. The school faculty also organizes events that bring awareness to certain subjects or to simply make students feel at ease. For example, events range from celebrating holidays (including cultural ones like Cinco de Mayo), to enforcing important subjects like voting and safe sex. Regardless of the message behind Brookhaven’s events, I always have a fun time. My favorite memory from one of the school’s events is when its courtyard was decorated with bouncy houses, bubbles, board games, and a popcorn and cotton candy booth. My peers and I were so happy! It was like we were little kids again! It was a great way to give us a break from our hard work. Although students have a lot of fun on campus, the school still enforces good education. When it comes to faculty, professors are well-educated and are always willing to share their knowledge. Although many of them have specific office hours, they deeply care for their students and are willing to compromise. However, professors are not the only faculty that care for the students; Brookhaven College has an active on-campus police department as well. The police department gets along well with students, and are always on the lookout for danger. This makes me feel very safe and secure whenever I am on campus. Overall, Brookhaven college is a very good community college. It is affordable, pretty, considerate, energetic yet soothing, and encouraging!

Sierra

Brookhaven is a great place to explore interests and accumulate college credit for a low price. I'm currently an art major earning my Associates degree in May 2016 and it's been one hell of a ride. The art school is incredible because it provides tons of opportunities for art students. We're NASAD (National Association of Schools of Art and Design) accredited, meaning that when you transfer, your art credits will transfer with you. We also offer articulations (direct transfer as a Junior) at School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Kansas City Art Institute, Savannah College of Art and Design, and soon Southern Methodist University. If there's an open call for submissions at 500x gallery in Dallas or any others, you'll be the first to know through any of the dedicated instructors here. They are all great teachers willing to give their all if you give yours, and as long as you check the instructor reviews on ratemyprofessor for the core classes you'll get some great guidance at this community college. Overall, my experienced has changed the way I view and value my higher education. I will be attending one of the best art schools in the nation in the fall-- School of the Art Institute of Chicago. If it weren't for the art school and excellent instructors at Brookhaven College, who knows where I would be.

Yenisse

I've heard great review on Brookhaven which is why I decided to attend. This meant that I had high expectations, but at the same time, I was nervous since I was starting college. Overall, I am extremely please with my choice. Brookhaven did not disappoint, in fact, it when above and beyond my expectations. The professors are amazing. Not only do they know how to provide a good education, but they also accommodate to the student's needs. Everyone is very welcoming and conscience of how difficult it is to manage life outside and inside of school. It is a fantastic school.

Hayley

I attended Brookhaven College during the summer for some online courses and thoroughly enjoyed it. The professors were easily accessible and very helpful. The online courses were easy to navigate and provided a great opportunity for gaining more psychology knowledge.

Udoka

Brookhaven college is a nice school. It is equipped with numerous facilities that facilitates proper learning. It is an institution that makes learning priority; students are involved in group study. Extra curricular activity is part of students activities in Brookhaven college students belong to different organizations and they participate in community service. This has helped them both mentally and academically.

Brianna

When I first came to the college, I was overwhelmed at first because this was my first time attending college. I met a lot of new students who were all very nice, and my experience with both advising and admission was very well coordinated. The classes are far less expensive than a university, which means you can get an affordable education and nor worry about loans piling up. I even got a work study position on campus and have met many faculty who loving doing their jobs; which is educating people. Overall, I found this school to be well taken care of, the campus events are also nice with a lot of work put into them. I find this school to be an exciting endeavor, and I would definitely come back to get a second degree.

Edward

I attended Brookhaven and absolutely loved my time there. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great 2-year college education for a low cost. The only downside of Brookhaven is how hard the registration to get in is. But the friendliness of the staff and professors cannot be beaten for the amount of money they get paid, they truly love helping students succeed.

Juliet

It’s good if you are willing to go to community college before transferring into a four year institution. I feel like they have great programs that they can offer to us as well which is really nice. I specifically love the nursing program since it is competitive and great

Brookhaven College is a spectacular 2 year institution filled with very interactive professors. The facilities are always clean and there are always events happening in the courtyard. There are a variety of subjects to receive degrees on. It is a school that serves as a stepping stone to something greater. They do not fail with their student services and the faculty is always helpful. I learned a lot at my two years at Brookhaven. It makes me sad that I am transferring soon but I will make sure to come back. Without Brookhaven, I would've felt very lost. They guided me towards a greater path.

Alaysia

This is my first semester at Brookhaven College. Since my semester is just getting started, I have quite a bit to learn about the campus. There are a few interesting facts that I can express about the school. One major advantage of attending Brookhaven College is that you do get the chance to meet some very helpful and professional professors! My first subject of the day happens to be Physics, which is a subject that I do not enjoy that much. Let's just say that my professor was able to intrigue my liking on this subject during the first week. I'm looking forward to a really great semester!

Karen

I think Brookhaven college offers alot of oportunites for students and cares of their life, and what I mean by this is the fact that they have a daycare on campus for those who have kids, says alot about my placeof study. Restrooms and tutoring centers are always available and those are great perks to have when on campus.

courtnye

Brookhaven is very interactive, the teachers care about the students getting the material, not just teaching the test. The students are overall very friendly and helpful, they are always trying to involve as many people as they can. The study and tutoring resources at brookhaven are outstanding as well.

Jasmeen

Overall the campus was on the smaller size, which is great for those who don't want to get lost looking for the bathroom. Not only is it easy to make new friends on your first day, but I can guarantee that you'll never want to leave your class because the teachers are that good. Don't worry even though we may be small we still incorporate sports from baseball to tennis. Plus you'll never get board with plenty of activities daily on and off campus.

Destiny

Brookhaven is an inexpensive college that holds it's student dear. While providing the campus life students need to survive. The faculity will do anything within their will to make sure you succeed. The student will be seen raising money for the homeless or having food trucks that give out free fruits and vegatables no questions asked. You can evens see people sleeping any and everywhere, also large populated study groups going on in each building .

Edyeris

This was one of the best experiences I had of college. I met plenty or diverse and international students, there were plenty of clubs and organizations to get involved, and the teachers are extremely helpful. I made plenty of friends and learned a lot.

Great college. Professors are very accessible compared to other schools and help you in the best way possible. The campus is very easy to get around in and is a prefect size for any beginning student. The students here as well as quite helpful and will help you around the campus.

Kirsty

Brookhaven College has convenient parking and tuition rates. The nursing staff is helpful and keen to having student learn and get out of their comfort zones. However, some instructors seem to care about their students and their achievements more than other instructors.

Alaysia

Brookhaven College, an accredited community college of the Dallas County District offers a pleasurable experience on campus for both students and faculty. Professors at Brookhaven are extremely supportive and committed to their passion. This is what the students at Brookhaven enjoy most about each course they take. Brookhaven provides an affordable, clean, and safe environment. With an extremely high acceptance rate, Brookhaven happens to offer some of the most popular majors that include Liberal Arts and Humanities, Automotive Mechanics, and Emergency Medical Technician. Brookhaven is also known for its amazing nursing program, which I am currently pursuing! If you are someone who enjoys a very friendly, fun, and safe environment, Brookhaven just may be the perfect fit for you!

Brandon

It is an enjoyable experience.

Martin

That is a great college for me to start my next chapter in life and a good oportunity for me. And that it has good/freat classes for people that will go to a big university.Brookheave is a comunity college that had help alot of people in life and give the a better future.

Tanisha

I'm a visitor just enrolling as of right now the only positive I can speak on is its affordability. The campus is centrally located and easy to get around. Plenty of parking and secure, security is present. The enrollment staff are very nice and helpful.

Mackenzie

It is a great transition college from just graduating high school. Brookhaven is quiet and it is very easy to find a nice place to study, indoors and outdoors. Our women's soccer team top in the nation and very competitive for a junior college. The professors are always available for emails, meetings, and will help to make sure you get a good grade.

Annalie

I transferred to Brookhaven college for their dance and theater programs and I was not disappointed. The drama community is very close knit and the dance departments has much better facilities than the other DCCCD campuses I have attended. My teachers have been communicative and enjoyable.

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!