Fort Lauderdale, FL
Broward College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Broward College

Jayda

I think that Broward College is an awesome place to get an education. There are many great professors who are actually involved with students. Also, there are very helpful advisors who will assist you in anything whether it's finding the right major for you, etc.

The academics are great. Of course you will have to do research on a couple of teachers and you will also come across a couple of teachers who are impatient but when it comes to education that all falls down on you. What you do will be a major contribution to your final grade in any class.

I am a staff writer for the school's newspaper, The Broward College Observer. It's a great way to get started in the field of Journalism and also helps you become better with your writing. Many students also participate in student government and student life.

Christine

Broward College is a great school for individuals who don't know what to major in but need to finish the first two years of their mandated classes.

Nice friendly and outgoing who have helped me in many crunch time situations to finish an assignment.

My advice would be to any high school senior to try to take as many dual enrolled classes as possible so he or she can get a jump start on their college mandated classes so he or she can get a college experience while they are still in high school.

Steven

My school is well deversify and located with four other school located on the same campus.

My advice would be is for prepare them self for a diferent life after high school. Open your mind and absorve the changes. Dont be scared.

This school is a great place to start and prepare for future student education.

Carla

The advise that I would give to my self is to not freak out, literally. When we are in high school we are pressured by staff and family when we become seniors about college. From financial aid to admissions and extra curricular activities, we tend to become stressed out to be acceptable and attractive prospective students for our dream universities and colleges. Truth is, we might change in a year and become enamored with another career path and no longer desire what we stressed out so much about in high school. Thus, my advice is simple: do not stress out, relax and trust in yourself.

It is very affordable and the quality of the professors is great.

The worst thing about my school is that students do not interact as much with each other.

Acknowledging the experience and information I have gained, I would tell myself three things, (1) do not allow popular opinion to discourage you from selecting a college, (2) as you enter college try to imagine how this decsion will affect you in five years, and (3) relax, have more fun. I really feel like once I entered college I allowed the world of extra-curriculars to slip out from under me, I would definately go back to when I first commited and sign up/try out for more. I also feel as though I wasted a lot of time deliberating on a college because I was afraid of what my friends would think. I would want to reasure myself that ultimately picking a college is about making the best decision for myself and my future, not anyone else ( while keeping in mind that no one actually cares as much about my decision as I do). Finally, I want to consider how this college would affect my future. College can open so many doors and opportunities, these are just as important factors as the majors they offer and how their dorms look, with this advice I would've helped myself greatly.

I wish I had known that no matter where you go to college, the course work isn't easy. I felt as though I approached attending Broward College with naive eyes. I had no idea the amount of coursework and rigorous assignments I would be challenged with. Although I must say that this was a plesant surprise I really feel like I am getting a greater education than what I am paying for. Due to the fact that I was mentally unprepared for this course work, I got a bit of a "real-life" shock, I welcomed it.

I believe that the inconsistency in the staff is the worst thing about my school. A few of my teachers have been amazing. I honestly have the opportunity of saying that they taught me information I will never forget and have changed my outlook as a student. On the other hand, I have had teachers that show no true passion towards their profession or students. Also, these teachers will mark a dedicated, interested students grade down for missing one class. This is really discouraging. One sick day shouldn't mean the difference between an "A" and a "B".

Staci-Ann

What I consider unique about my school compared to other schools is the fact that it's a start to getting ahead in life. Granted, it is a community college, however, I feel that Broward College offers people a lot of opportunities to perfect their craft and prosper in what ever they are passionate about. For example, there's many clubs that people can join and network in, there's career/job fairs that are held often, and there's lectures on real life situations that many can benefit from. Broward College is a template for greatness.

What I consider the worst thing about my school is the cost of books. The majority of Broward College school books are overpriced. Some books can range from $20 to $500. I receive financial aid and I still get worried everytime I have to buy my books from the bookstore. The worst part is when it's time to sell back your books when classes are finished. You don't receive the full price you paid. It's either half, less than half, or they don't accept it once they have enough copies of that particular book.

2012 Jessica, I know you want to graduate early and be done with high school already but for the love of all that is holy, sign up for dual enrollment classes. Seriously. Do it. We’re cheap and they are offering you college classes for free! I’m here writing this letter to you now, two years after graduation. TWO YEARS. It took two years to buckle down and finally start college. Listen to me, you really need to go sign up for dual enrollment and take those free college classes. As I said, I’m writing to you from 2014 and you know why I’m writing to you? I am hoping to score a scholarship to help pay for our first couple semesters of college. College is not cheap, and if you would have started classes back in high school it would have saved us almost $1000, possibly more. Instead of me writing this right now we could be getting ready to finish up with our associates degree and be preparing to transfer to UCF right now if you just go to the guidance counselor and sign up for dual enrollment. Please, just go do it.

The worst thing about Broward College to me is the parking garage and trying to maneuver through that nightmare. This could be interpreted as an invalided complaint because it’s just a regular parking garage like all the others before it, but it’s on Broward College property so I can say that it is just the worst. Imagine being stuck at a standstill trying to go home with no radio signal for music to play, the only noise is the car alarm of the Mustang that has been blaring since you first arrived for class. It’s just awful.

The only person that should not attend this school is someone that has absolutely no desire to further their education. A person with no desire to pursue a better future for them self attending the local community college is only wasting their time and money. While they are on the right track to better themselves by attending school if they just don’t care then they should not be here. Otherwise, Broward College is a great choice for anybody looking for an affordable option to better their future.

Broward College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.