Fort Lauderdale, FL
Broward College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Broward College

Partake in your community and volunteering. Not only will it help your resume, future, but also your selfesteem and sense of empathy. It gives you not only hands on experience but a emotion experience as well. Another thing is to do a lot of research in the career of your choice and what it takes to get there. Yes taking and Acing the class is extremely important but for many careers as the one I choose, I have to go a above and beyond. Things such as shadowing, internship, participiating in research. Al l these things are necessary to develop a student entering college and leaving it. It provides a sense of self and future engagments wont seem as intimidating as others would be.

The diversity and open mindedness of the staff. If you want to meet different ethnicities and cultures this is the place to be.

It can be very impersonal. The dropout rate seems a bit high as many are single parents.

andrea

If I was able to go back in time and talk to my high school self there's two things I would say. As a senior in high school I was focus in doing the best i could, I got good grades, did community hours , and joined clubs. first thing I wished I would of listened to more was about scholarships and how much they could help, I never took the time to apply to any because I was always too busy doing something else. Now that I am a college freshman I've realize how hard it is to pay for a good education, and how the extra help could have saved me a lot of headaches. I've learned to appreciate my high school years and learn from my mistakes. The second thing I would tell myself is to enjoy every minute of senior year and to make the most of it because it flys by. College is a great chapter in anyone's life, senior year is extremely important as well I would take advantage of all the time I had to prepared more for what college is all about.

My school has a great staff that will go above and beyond to help it's students. It provides the help that allow students to succeed and achive their goals, with words of encouragement and motivation. The counselors will take their time and make each student feel comfortable, in florida we have a lot of different racial backgrounds however broward college makes students feel as if we're all the same.

I think that everyone that is focus and has a goal should attend school and get their degree; however if you're not focus you shouldn't waste the time and money. A student that isn't serious about their future or career should not attend broward college.

Daniel

Broward College is best known for being the gateway to getting into the desired college of students if they did not have he grades to get into those schools while they were in high school. Broward College is seen as the stepping stone in a young college career to help you achieve acceptance into the other school. Broward College offers good preparation and guidance for when hese students do transfer to better schools.

The opportunity to go back in time would be amazing! Although it is not going to happen, I would advise myself to not have a girlfriend and focus on my studies and business. The biggest mistake I made was dedicating my time into someone who did not benefit me in the future, we are no longer together and I lost my scholarship due to the relationship. I now find myself in a position where it is tough to pay for school and find aid. I would tell myself "Stay focused on yourself, and do not worry or stress about others. The only place where you come first is in your world, and your world is what you decide to make it." I would stress to myself just how important it ould be to maintain that scholarship that i worked so hard to achieve in highschool. I probably would not be writing this if it were not for that silly relationship I was in.

The stigma that going to Broward College carries. Some frown upon it due to the "community-college" feel it gives off. I do not have a problem with the school but others seems to mock the school. There are many prestiguous universities in the area, and this is likely the cause, but personally this is the one thing that truly bothers me about this school.

Joshua

A wide set of majors to choose from and flexability to accomplish each degree

A wide set of majors to choose from and flexability to accomplish each degree

If I could honestly go back in time to talk to myself I would go back as far as my freshman year in school, because during middle school I was always consider the silent over achiever because it was the fact of receiving the highest honors that pleased me, it was the satisfaction of silently competing with the smartest person in the class to get higher grades than them. I was never academically gifted but just the fact of having a personal satisfaction to accomplish what other couldn’t is what drove me for what I earned. but once I entered in high school I got tired of hanging around the academically focused student and I started hanging with bad influences that eventually helped my learn how to skip class and punctured my determination for striving for the best. So if I could back in time to talk to myself, I would most definitely give the best "wakeup" call of the year because my mistakes messed me up in the long run.

The pricing of school that restricts alot of people from getting a higher level of education.

krizia

As a high school senior I would tell myself to apply to Broward College or even indian river state college instead of just applying to JWU and getting denied. If I could I would talk to myself as a freshman. I started off on the rght track and got distracted by things and people that aren't in my life today. I would tell myself to choose education over everything. To work hard in school and wait till after college graduation to have fun. ANd to fully apply myself and try to achieve the highest grades possible.

I really can't think of the worst or anything negative to say. I have takn classes on 3 campuses and they have been worthwhile. Every teacher I have had has been very helpful. The professors genuinely care about their students. I am very happy with the education I am recieving. All campuses are clean. College staff isn professional.

Nothing frustrates me about Broward College. Believe it or not im a pessimist.

Vanessa

My school best known by the really good qualities and the best proffesors. the school is really clean and the people are really nice and friendly. it also have the best labs where you can study and do homework. i give my school an A+.

I assume if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about what I know now about college life, the advice I would give myself is to prepare my mentality to be stronger, be more independent, and to be more focus is studies and the future. I also advice myself that I don’t have to be scare or nervous to go to college because is a different world, is a new beginning and the only thing I have to have in mind is that everything I would do is for myself and my future. Advising myself to be mentally prepare is a big change because after graduating from high school is a different mentality and going to high school right after graduating is going to be confusing because the classes are going to be different and higher level of education. College is something new something never experience before is a new door that open for the future. College is more independent, do homework and study yourself, study even harder for every class, exams and more work. However; college is a wonderful beginning and new life and a good job to come.

I wish i had known the school better when i first came in. At first it was a little difficult because I was new and everything is new to everybody, also because the school is big enough to get lost. But after I started knowing the school better it was a breeze and everything was more clear. Broward College is a very good/ amazing school.

Nattanan

Be careful, be brave to say what you think and what you feel. Ask the right you have even though you are a very small Asian student in the college.

part-time, full-time students. Hispanic students, Heitian students, African-American students, anyone who want totransfer to the university or the associated degree

Sometime, it's unstable courses and textbook!

Natasha

My classmates are from an array of cultures, ethnicity and beliefs. They are all focused and decicated on moving forward with a respectable career and a career that is going to offer job opportunities once we graduate. I am in the nursing program therefor my classmates are with me throughout the 18 months program. We all get along very well and help eachother through the trials and tribulations of these classes. There is no feeling of lying, cheating, gossip, or discouragement among my classmates. We are all focus and determined to complete the program and encourage eachother along the way.

Most high school seniors are clueless as to what they want to study and the career path they want to take, I know because I was once there. If I could go back and give myself advise I would say to pick the top 3, 4 or even 5 careers that I think I might be interested in focusing on in school and take the time to volunteer or shadow people in the field. As a matter a fact this is the advise I give a lot of young people now because I would have benefited from it myself. Some people (including myself) waste so much time taking classes for this subject or that subject that by the time they know it, they are 25 or 26 years old and still in school. I would also advise myself to focus in school, being a full time student and sacrafice going out and spending time with your friends. At the end of high school you think you are so young and have all the time in the world but what you don't understand is that that time flashes by quicker than lighting.

My campus is more of a college campus size. I would like to go to a school that has a university feel to it. Although, I have heard they the school is trying to become University level, so I know that means that remodeling and growth will follow. It already has Bachelors degrees with make it a 4 year education, the only thing is missing is the campus activities and resources. Other than that there is not much to not like about the school, it has affordable classes, flexiable schedules with available classes and the professors are dedicated and organized.

Adam

If I could go back and give advice about college life to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to plan ahead and to put myself out there. In high school it always seems like everything is planned for you, and opportunities are just handed to you, but this is not the way college works. In college you are your own advocate, no one is looking out for you more than yourself. If you don’t have a plan life is going to be a lot harder for you. The only way to get opportunities is to go out and make them for yourself. Never be afraid to put yourself out there, life is all about the experience and you will never get anywhere if you don’t take any chances. College is a great time to find out what you like and don’t like; there is so much available to you in college, you just have to go out and find it.

Alexis

It is a convenient and affordable place to get formal education in South Florida. It offers plenty of networking opportunites for all career types.

Keep the focus and drive you've been having since freshman year. Try harder on Standardized test and spend more time on applying for scholarships. Enjoy high school and go to more events, your only in high school once . Find more people who have accomplished their college years and get advice from them. Dedicate more time to getting help for your weaker subjects such as math and science. Those subjects are key in college, if you don't get it in high school, you'll drown in college without good help. Get yourself prepared to enter the workforce; being able to work part time while your in college is the best growing experince you will receive in your lifetime. You can do anything! Dream big!

Do a little better on Standerized tests, and spend more time applying for scholarships.

Broward College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.