Fort Lauderdale, FL
Broward College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Broward College

Ebony

My school is best known for its Honors society here at Broward college and its Nursing program

Knowing that joining the Honors program here at Broward College is not as hard as I thought It would be coming fresh out of high school I would not have stressed about it so much, and psych myself into thinking I could not do it, and not join. Instead I would have joined and encouraged myself that this will be an easy breeze and that I could do it. Moreover, I would not have let my teachers scare me into thinking college is problematic, and telling me that it is twice as challenging as it is in college than it is in High school, because in my eyes it is twice as easy. I will have also advised myself to not to always take the counselors advice, because at the end of the day just because they went through hardship during their first years of college does not mean that I will. But by them telling me this it lead me to be more pessimistic about college than optimistic. And now knowing what college is actually like in high school I would have just told myself that “Yes you can” readying my mind for the transition that is to come!

I mostly brag about the different clubs that you can really become a part of and get really involved in with school. I also brag about the some of the scholarships they offere to help you with your schooling/classes. And last but not least the Professors here at Broward, not only are they good their patient, and take the time out to help you when you are lost with anything! Love this school

tavares

I would tell myself to get more involved in the organizations that broward college has to offer.

great environment to learn.

To my high school self, I would say: Don't mess around after high school. Taking a break is nice, but staying out of school too long will distract you and make it more difficult to jump back into the student world. Focus on your studies and resist the urge to procrastinate. It will only cause you stress! All the hard work you do now is an investment in your future and the good habits you form will stay with you in your career and insure your success. I am sure that many people are telling you what the next step should be in your life. Listen to what they have to say, but don't let their advice sway you from doing what you want to do. It's YOUR life! You can do and accomplish ANYTHING you put your mind to, no matter what anyone else says is "right" or sensible. You are in charge of your own future. Don't let anything stand in the way of your success.

Rebekah

Broward College is an excellent academic institution for students studying various different fields, especially teacher education and business.

I would tell myself to go away to college. I firmly believe that if I had gone away to school instead of staying close to home I would have had a more successful transition for life beyond college.

I like to let people know about the caring faculty at Broward College. The professors within the classroom truely care about the student's success and look forward to helping the student to succeed.

Abraham

First off the biggest piece of advice that I would give myself is to join the organizations early. My first year and a half I did not join any organizations and I just came to school to take my classes get my A's and go home. Since I joined my last semester, I unfortunately missed out on many opportunities and great experiences. In addition to the academic benefits you make a completely new realm of friends with similar goals and expectations. Secondly, surrounding yourself with students that are better than you is vital to achieving and exceeding your goals. That way you have something to work up to, and not have everyone looking to you for answers. I would also strongly advocate participating in community service activities it brings a great feeling to give back to the community but also opens many doors to scholarships and schooling opportunities. Finally, create a strong network with teachers, advisors, students, and the entire faculty because these will be the individuals that guide you and help you succeed in the educational process. Take advantage of all of the opportunities supplied to you to ensure a phenomenal yet rigorous experience at the college level.

The thing I consider the best at Broward College would be for students that want to be successful that provide many opportunities. They have many nationally recognized organizations that students can join and challenge themselves with a rigrous environment. The Phi Theta Kappa and Honors Institute are both great opportunities for students to not only challenge themselves academically but earn scholarships, and give back to the community. They also have career specific organizations such as Phi Beta Lambda, they compete in many events ranging from accounting, financial services, all the way to ethics and business presentation.

The worst thing at my school is that many of the students attending do not actually care about education. A lot of the students attending Broward College go to school because either their parents made them or they want the extra money from the financial aid check. The students can be disrupt the classroom and can be a nuissance when they are in a group presentation. They come to school in tank tops and show complete unprofessionalism in what is basically the work place for a student. I believe BC has to hold these students accountable for their actions.

Nadege

Broward College is a wonderful school to attend beacuse the advisors are resourceful and the professors are great to their students.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would've made better choices. I procrastinated in high school on many things such as: studying, homeworking, and waking up on time for school. In high school studying wasn't an option for me, and I always waited the last minute to study, which caused me to do poor on my tests. I remember loosing my sleep to stay up late, just to finish my homework. When I was in high school I would repeatedly put my alarm on to wake me up for school, but when my alarm ringed, I would put the snooze button on just so I would be able to continue sleeping later be late for school. Knowing what I know about college life, I had to do a major transition. The advice I would give myself would be to invision my senior year as if it was my first year in college, so when I did graduate high school I would be mentally, physically, and spiritually ready to be a freshman in college, my transition made me a better student in college and I am now not a procrastinator.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend Broward College is a person that is not mentally ready for college, and a person that is not committed to being in college because a person that is neither won't progress as a college student.

Angelica

I have learned that you can get a good education at a small school, even a public college. I have also learned that other students are just important to my college experience as teachers are. Community college makes it difficult to meet people, but the people I have met have been worth the experience. I've also learned that even though the work may not be the most challenging I've ever experienced, it's still valuable to learn. I've also learned that a bad teacher can make even an interesting class boring, and vice versa. Even if I understand a subject a bad teacher can make it hard to understand. The worse I am at a subject, the more important a good teacher is.

stephanie

The school has caring individuals who will help you to be able to succeed. The counsleors, employees and other students are all very helpful and the school provides a very good atmosphere to learn and to succeed. You can go at your pace and coordinate your schedule any way you would like. It is very convinient for students.

I decided to return to college after being out of school for 4 years. After the birth of my son, my life changed in many ways. I find it important to better myself, to teach him that anything is possible and that it is never too late to go back to school. No mistake is too great, you can always recover from a mistake, as long as you work hard towards what you want. I dream of being successful for my son, to provide him a good life and to be proud of my accomplishments. College has reminded me of what I always dreamed of as a child and it has mentally prepared me for the future. I have learned so much, experienced new friendships, and finally gotten my drive back. It is important to follow your dreams, and to never give up, and I am happy to say that I am a better person than before because of my hard work and dedication to school.

The best thing about my school, Broward College, is being able to have a flexible schedule and being able to coordinate my school schedule around my life. I enjoy the campus and the teachers and students are very helpful.

Broward College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.