Fort Lauderdale, FL
Broward College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Broward College

Raffaello

My classmates are very outstanding

My classmates are very outstanding

I believe that if i ever come back to high school as a senior and know what to expect in college i wouldn't be paying for my college out of my pocket. I will adivce my self that I need to start applying for schoolarships while still in high school. I knew College is expensive, but I was not expecting it to be these expensive that i have to get help from my mom. Also ill tell myself that i need to check out what college or university i want to go so that i can estimate and manage my expenses.

I wish I had known that I can apply for schoolarship so easily

Tal

Asumming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would most certainly try to motivate myself more. I'd give myself the scenarios I'm in now and remind myself that in order to get somewhere, I have to simply start somewhere. I'd remind myself that with hard work comes great fun, so not to give up even when extremely stressed. Of course, since I've graduated with the top 10%, I'd try to push myself toward being in the top 5%. I'd tell myself that as early as I finish my work there, the easier the time that I will have in college will be; the simpler the assignments will seem, and the easier the test materials will get, and last but not least- the quick I will get out of there, and continue to where I want to go. Following your dreams, even if they're unclear, is the key to success.

Well, considering the fact that I started college exactly a month ago, I don't have anything I consider to be the bst about my school. However, I do love the campus and how green and colorful it is. It creates a light mood, which brings better vibes while in school.

If you ask me, I would suggest anyone who plans on going to college and fulfilling their dream career but cannot afford to attend a university to come here. Broward College may seem like terrible choice, but if your money situation isn't great I would certainly not suggest you attend someone "better" by taking out many loans. The education you get there is the education you'll get here, just cheaper.

Isache

My life has had many twists and turns reflected throughout my school career. In my eyes, and my mind, as you complete your senior year, you have to let life play itself forward as you continue upon higher education. I have constantly and everlastingly been told that I was “not good enough”. That I was “not pretty enough”. Or even worse, that I was “not smart enough”. I was bullied at school often because of my appearance, and lack of comprehension and co-operation with my class. This resulted in myself being depressed, pessimistic, despondent, and isolated. Many events have caused a sudden rise in my grades. However, unfortunate events led to my regression, and a rapid decline in my successes. I would constantly miss school, my grades would fall, and I would soon become a dispirited outcast. College gives you a chance to start over and make a change. You realize that high school was nothing but 8-hours a day, 5-days a week worth of stress and self-consciousness. You get to wear the same clothes over and over. Not to mention TONS of benefits for being a college student. YOU control your school and social life.

It looks like a high school. It's only a small step from my previous educational facility. There is not much to look at, nor is there anywhere to go at Broward College. That is really the only negative thing to say.

A person that should attend this school is someone who is looking for a cost-friendly education. You pay such a small fee to take the same general education courses at a 4-year university. If you want to start off your first 2-years of college without having to break the bank, go to Broward College. It's the most affordable education in Southern Florida.

Partake in your community and volunteering. Not only will it help your resume, future, but also your selfesteem and sense of empathy. It gives you not only hands on experience but a emotion experience as well. Another thing is to do a lot of research in the career of your choice and what it takes to get there. Yes taking and Acing the class is extremely important but for many careers as the one I choose, I have to go a above and beyond. Things such as shadowing, internship, participiating in research. Al l these things are necessary to develop a student entering college and leaving it. It provides a sense of self and future engagments wont seem as intimidating as others would be.

The diversity and open mindedness of the staff. If you want to meet different ethnicities and cultures this is the place to be.

It can be very impersonal. The dropout rate seems a bit high as many are single parents.

andrea

If I was able to go back in time and talk to my high school self there's two things I would say. As a senior in high school I was focus in doing the best i could, I got good grades, did community hours , and joined clubs. first thing I wished I would of listened to more was about scholarships and how much they could help, I never took the time to apply to any because I was always too busy doing something else. Now that I am a college freshman I've realize how hard it is to pay for a good education, and how the extra help could have saved me a lot of headaches. I've learned to appreciate my high school years and learn from my mistakes. The second thing I would tell myself is to enjoy every minute of senior year and to make the most of it because it flys by. College is a great chapter in anyone's life, senior year is extremely important as well I would take advantage of all the time I had to prepared more for what college is all about.

My school has a great staff that will go above and beyond to help it's students. It provides the help that allow students to succeed and achive their goals, with words of encouragement and motivation. The counselors will take their time and make each student feel comfortable, in florida we have a lot of different racial backgrounds however broward college makes students feel as if we're all the same.

I think that everyone that is focus and has a goal should attend school and get their degree; however if you're not focus you shouldn't waste the time and money. A student that isn't serious about their future or career should not attend broward college.

Daniel

Broward College is best known for being the gateway to getting into the desired college of students if they did not have he grades to get into those schools while they were in high school. Broward College is seen as the stepping stone in a young college career to help you achieve acceptance into the other school. Broward College offers good preparation and guidance for when hese students do transfer to better schools.

The opportunity to go back in time would be amazing! Although it is not going to happen, I would advise myself to not have a girlfriend and focus on my studies and business. The biggest mistake I made was dedicating my time into someone who did not benefit me in the future, we are no longer together and I lost my scholarship due to the relationship. I now find myself in a position where it is tough to pay for school and find aid. I would tell myself "Stay focused on yourself, and do not worry or stress about others. The only place where you come first is in your world, and your world is what you decide to make it." I would stress to myself just how important it ould be to maintain that scholarship that i worked so hard to achieve in highschool. I probably would not be writing this if it were not for that silly relationship I was in.

The stigma that going to Broward College carries. Some frown upon it due to the "community-college" feel it gives off. I do not have a problem with the school but others seems to mock the school. There are many prestiguous universities in the area, and this is likely the cause, but personally this is the one thing that truly bothers me about this school.

Joshua

A wide set of majors to choose from and flexability to accomplish each degree

A wide set of majors to choose from and flexability to accomplish each degree

If I could honestly go back in time to talk to myself I would go back as far as my freshman year in school, because during middle school I was always consider the silent over achiever because it was the fact of receiving the highest honors that pleased me, it was the satisfaction of silently competing with the smartest person in the class to get higher grades than them. I was never academically gifted but just the fact of having a personal satisfaction to accomplish what other couldn’t is what drove me for what I earned. but once I entered in high school I got tired of hanging around the academically focused student and I started hanging with bad influences that eventually helped my learn how to skip class and punctured my determination for striving for the best. So if I could back in time to talk to myself, I would most definitely give the best "wakeup" call of the year because my mistakes messed me up in the long run.

The pricing of school that restricts alot of people from getting a higher level of education.

krizia

As a high school senior I would tell myself to apply to Broward College or even indian river state college instead of just applying to JWU and getting denied. If I could I would talk to myself as a freshman. I started off on the rght track and got distracted by things and people that aren't in my life today. I would tell myself to choose education over everything. To work hard in school and wait till after college graduation to have fun. ANd to fully apply myself and try to achieve the highest grades possible.

I really can't think of the worst or anything negative to say. I have takn classes on 3 campuses and they have been worthwhile. Every teacher I have had has been very helpful. The professors genuinely care about their students. I am very happy with the education I am recieving. All campuses are clean. College staff isn professional.

Nothing frustrates me about Broward College. Believe it or not im a pessimist.

Vanessa

My school best known by the really good qualities and the best proffesors. the school is really clean and the people are really nice and friendly. it also have the best labs where you can study and do homework. i give my school an A+.

I assume if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about what I know now about college life, the advice I would give myself is to prepare my mentality to be stronger, be more independent, and to be more focus is studies and the future. I also advice myself that I don’t have to be scare or nervous to go to college because is a different world, is a new beginning and the only thing I have to have in mind is that everything I would do is for myself and my future. Advising myself to be mentally prepare is a big change because after graduating from high school is a different mentality and going to high school right after graduating is going to be confusing because the classes are going to be different and higher level of education. College is something new something never experience before is a new door that open for the future. College is more independent, do homework and study yourself, study even harder for every class, exams and more work. However; college is a wonderful beginning and new life and a good job to come.

I wish i had known the school better when i first came in. At first it was a little difficult because I was new and everything is new to everybody, also because the school is big enough to get lost. But after I started knowing the school better it was a breeze and everything was more clear. Broward College is a very good/ amazing school.

Nattanan

Be careful, be brave to say what you think and what you feel. Ask the right you have even though you are a very small Asian student in the college.

part-time, full-time students. Hispanic students, Heitian students, African-American students, anyone who want totransfer to the university or the associated degree

Sometime, it's unstable courses and textbook!

Broward College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.