Fort Lauderdale, FL
Broward College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Broward College

Natasha

My classmates are from an array of cultures, ethnicity and beliefs. They are all focused and decicated on moving forward with a respectable career and a career that is going to offer job opportunities once we graduate. I am in the nursing program therefor my classmates are with me throughout the 18 months program. We all get along very well and help eachother through the trials and tribulations of these classes. There is no feeling of lying, cheating, gossip, or discouragement among my classmates. We are all focus and determined to complete the program and encourage eachother along the way.

Most high school seniors are clueless as to what they want to study and the career path they want to take, I know because I was once there. If I could go back and give myself advise I would say to pick the top 3, 4 or even 5 careers that I think I might be interested in focusing on in school and take the time to volunteer or shadow people in the field. As a matter a fact this is the advise I give a lot of young people now because I would have benefited from it myself. Some people (including myself) waste so much time taking classes for this subject or that subject that by the time they know it, they are 25 or 26 years old and still in school. I would also advise myself to focus in school, being a full time student and sacrafice going out and spending time with your friends. At the end of high school you think you are so young and have all the time in the world but what you don't understand is that that time flashes by quicker than lighting.

My campus is more of a college campus size. I would like to go to a school that has a university feel to it. Although, I have heard they the school is trying to become University level, so I know that means that remodeling and growth will follow. It already has Bachelors degrees with make it a 4 year education, the only thing is missing is the campus activities and resources. Other than that there is not much to not like about the school, it has affordable classes, flexiable schedules with available classes and the professors are dedicated and organized.

Adam

If I could go back and give advice about college life to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to plan ahead and to put myself out there. In high school it always seems like everything is planned for you, and opportunities are just handed to you, but this is not the way college works. In college you are your own advocate, no one is looking out for you more than yourself. If you don’t have a plan life is going to be a lot harder for you. The only way to get opportunities is to go out and make them for yourself. Never be afraid to put yourself out there, life is all about the experience and you will never get anywhere if you don’t take any chances. College is a great time to find out what you like and don’t like; there is so much available to you in college, you just have to go out and find it.

Alexis

It is a convenient and affordable place to get formal education in South Florida. It offers plenty of networking opportunites for all career types.

Keep the focus and drive you've been having since freshman year. Try harder on Standardized test and spend more time on applying for scholarships. Enjoy high school and go to more events, your only in high school once . Find more people who have accomplished their college years and get advice from them. Dedicate more time to getting help for your weaker subjects such as math and science. Those subjects are key in college, if you don't get it in high school, you'll drown in college without good help. Get yourself prepared to enter the workforce; being able to work part time while your in college is the best growing experince you will receive in your lifetime. You can do anything! Dream big!

Do a little better on Standerized tests, and spend more time applying for scholarships.

Annalisa

Broward College has flexible learning,good environment and great teachers.Also the classes and programs are very affordable.

If i could go back and talk to myself while I was a high school senior ; I would have a couple wise words of advice. I would have taken more interest into getting scholarships and finding other means of paying for school. Secondly, I would advice myself to go to vocational school after high school.The experience working as a patient care associate in a hospital would have made me appreciate and understand my classes more. I would advice myself to stay on track and keep my mind focused on my goal. Often times having a job can become a distraction rather than be beneficial. Nevertheless, Im a patient care assocaite, I work in the hospital to help me pay for school and other personal needs. If I knew what I know now, I would have planned my future better. I can say, I have had my fair share of bumps in the road; but I will continue to pursue and accomplish my goals.

The worst thing about the school is that if a student is looking for the perfect college environment,they will be dissatisfied. It dosent offer all the extra-curricular activities that most of the other colleges offer.

Ebony

My school is best known for its Honors society here at Broward college and its Nursing program

Knowing that joining the Honors program here at Broward College is not as hard as I thought It would be coming fresh out of high school I would not have stressed about it so much, and psych myself into thinking I could not do it, and not join. Instead I would have joined and encouraged myself that this will be an easy breeze and that I could do it. Moreover, I would not have let my teachers scare me into thinking college is problematic, and telling me that it is twice as challenging as it is in college than it is in High school, because in my eyes it is twice as easy. I will have also advised myself to not to always take the counselors advice, because at the end of the day just because they went through hardship during their first years of college does not mean that I will. But by them telling me this it lead me to be more pessimistic about college than optimistic. And now knowing what college is actually like in high school I would have just told myself that “Yes you can” readying my mind for the transition that is to come!

I mostly brag about the different clubs that you can really become a part of and get really involved in with school. I also brag about the some of the scholarships they offere to help you with your schooling/classes. And last but not least the Professors here at Broward, not only are they good their patient, and take the time out to help you when you are lost with anything! Love this school

tavares

I would tell myself to get more involved in the organizations that broward college has to offer.

great environment to learn.

To my high school self, I would say: Don't mess around after high school. Taking a break is nice, but staying out of school too long will distract you and make it more difficult to jump back into the student world. Focus on your studies and resist the urge to procrastinate. It will only cause you stress! All the hard work you do now is an investment in your future and the good habits you form will stay with you in your career and insure your success. I am sure that many people are telling you what the next step should be in your life. Listen to what they have to say, but don't let their advice sway you from doing what you want to do. It's YOUR life! You can do and accomplish ANYTHING you put your mind to, no matter what anyone else says is "right" or sensible. You are in charge of your own future. Don't let anything stand in the way of your success.

Rebekah

Broward College is an excellent academic institution for students studying various different fields, especially teacher education and business.

I would tell myself to go away to college. I firmly believe that if I had gone away to school instead of staying close to home I would have had a more successful transition for life beyond college.

I like to let people know about the caring faculty at Broward College. The professors within the classroom truely care about the student's success and look forward to helping the student to succeed.

Broward College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.