Fort Lauderdale, FL
Broward College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Broward College

Kimberly

My classmates are from a younger generation than I, but I try to keep up.

My classmates are from a younger generation than I, but I try to keep up.

My school is best know for recuitment of students from its city, because of the location.

I would advise myself to study more and more use of the extra time I had as a senior. I would take an extra math or science class, be more involved in community efforts, and just take my last year more serious.

Louis

Broward College is an establishment committed to educating the populace of Broward County in subjects relevant to a prosperous society, while promoting higher education beyond a two year AA degree.

Broward College offers a chance for students, who in the past ignored the importance of high school grades, to excel in subjects of varying difficulty. Broward College offers a vast range of characters from the Ivy League material mother to the redeemed high school dropout. One thing that links all of the students of Broward College is their interest and love for experiencing the finer moments of life, with a strong sense of Carpe Diem.

Seeing as how I am currently a high school student in dual enrollment at Broward College, I would remind myself to keep in mind the importance of attaining (and retaining) relevant knowledge in the effort to fulfill myself as a person overall.

Melissa

My classmates are very diverse.

My classmates are very diverse.

It is funny how one's priorities change as one grows older and wiser. As a high school senior, I was very irresponsible. I did not take high school as seriously as I should have. I used to skip school, didn't study for tests, wasn't envolved in any sports, and never really thought about my future. I was too caught up in having fun and trying to fit in with the "cool" crowd. If I could go back in time to tell myself the importance of education I definitely would. I would have told myself to study for tests, complete all homework assignments/projects, attend every class, join more clubs/organizations, get involved in volunteer groups, join a sports team, and plan my educational future by choosing a university and applying for scholarships. Also, I would talk to my parents to get them more involved in my education and future. My parents never really went to any open houses in school, helped with homework, checked my report card, and they didn't even know when I skipped school! If I could go back, I would have envolved them more in my life. I wish I could go back.

I like the fact that there are so many different campuses located throughout Broward County. Also, I am employed full-time, therefore, I like the fact that they offer a variety of night classes.

Natalie

My classmates at Broward Community College are from different nationalities and cultures all with the same goal of getting an education, so they can either transfer to a university, start working after finishing 2 year degree, or enroll in one of our health science programs as a nurse or dental assistant/hygienest, etc.

Sometimes going back in time is something we all wish we could do. Maybe to change a highschool grade, handle a situation differently or even savor a friendship. If i could go back and talk to myself in high school i would want to let myself know that college is much differnt than high school. College you have a ton of more freedom, you pick your classes, professors and even time/days you want to go, but with that freedom you have to have structure. Your professors aren't going to remind you when you have test, quizes or papers due, or call you if you're slipping behind. That is solely up to you, and you are your own responsibility. I would have wanted to prepare myself more with even better study habits and time management so that making the transition into my first semmister of college an easier, less stressful experience. I have learned so much in my first semister of college so far and I am doing very well, but it didnt come easy. I had to work hard and study alot of get where i am, thats something that high school doesnt always prepare you for.

With the program that I am in (dental assisting/hygiene) i will be able to finish school sooner than most of my friends and start working right out of college.

Sharon

If I could go back in time I would have put a little more effort in school and the classes I took. I learned a lot in college and i made me think, "Why didn't I do that in high school when I had the chance"?. I could have studied more, took school more serious and that way when I went to college I could have remembered some of the educated things that I learned and not struggle again in the same subject because I did not take serious the lecture in high school. If I went back in time after knowing what I know now, I would have gotten straight grades even though I did a B/B- level in high school. I could have won scholarships if I tried to actually do some. I would have loved to be the top student in high school and been able to know more to achieve more in my future. But even though I learned my lesson, everyday I try harder and harder to do and be the best of all because I want to be someone in life and not just a person out there in the world.

The best thing that I consider the best in my school is that the class size are not a lot, that the school is not expensive, and that the teachers actually help us when we need help. I really like my school for those reasons because when the class size is not a lot, there is more help and more face to face with the teacher. Everytime I have needed help, all of my teachers have always helped me. Since the school os not that expensive, its more affordable for me to be able to go to school.

A student that should attend this school is a student that would like to get help face to face with the teacher, like small class size and that has a budget with money wise to pay for their classes.

Whitney

The advice I would have gave myself about college life and the transition is college is not like high school, the teachers are not going to babysit you. You need to do homework and study regularly to succeed in your classes. I would have also looked into scholarships more especially bright futures so my parents and I wouldn't be strugging trying to pay my college tuition.

I wish that I knew that the website ratemyprofessor.com existed, for in my first semester during orientation, the aids were not helpful and I ended getting classes with impossible teachers which led me to not such a good start in college.

I consider the worst thing about my school not being able to get invovled easily. I feel as though if you do not know somebody in the club or organization it is harder to get information on it or to join. They do have a list of all the organizations but a lot of the time some are missing.

Paschal

If I could teleport back to the beginning of my sophomore year, I would reinforce to myself the benefits of joining student government or the importance of completing more than just a mere 45 hours of community service. In college, students learn about case studies and they synthesize relevant information. They learn how to analyze problems logically and develop arguments based on facts. How is Haiti going to redevelop itself after its disastrous earthquake? The world needs one more leader. The world needs knowledgeable people who have traveled and can retell their accounts in order to start a chain reaction of motivated helpers. World peace is impossible, however world acknowledgement is vital and yet some people can?t even identify Haiti on a map. In order to be successful in college, students must become involved with services that promote the greater good for people at large. Without applying one?s self, education is somewhat biased. You could learn all day, but what do you really know until you?ve applied yourself? I?m not going to relive high school in college.

Those attending Broward College should cultivate the convenient resources available to them at each campus. This school is affordable and creates an environment that allows its students to excel. There are different clubs and student organizations at each campus that students are able to join. For example, there is a new student organization for Haitian students called the Haitian Student Association. This club allows its members to promote Haitian culture in the wake of the natural disaster that has failed to overcome such a strong-winded people.

Broward College students should embrace individuality because the school's moddo is "Define Yourself." A Broward College student should be willing to embrace cultural diversity and should pursure an education that teaches the individual how to solve problems that affect the global community rather than one specific population.

Andrea

Really what makes it unique is that is very close to my home, only five minutes away. Also the music program is exellent. my professors are great and understanding, and they are willing to help no matter what. I had some problems this semester with my schedules. See, the school is not so good when organizing and technical things. Anyhow I spoke to the dean letting her know how I needed a new professor for my Private voice lessons for this winter semester because of several issues with my major, and theywere so helpful , they went beyond!

Andrea, keep on the way you are, But when is comes to your school as soon as you get in college make sure who your music professors are. there will be people in the music education that will try and tell you to quit! but do not because you will find that music is in you and that there are other professors who went through the same thing. they will help you overcome your fears! Also dont take things so lightly when it comes to school. make the effort to stay in your studies and take time. You see things are'nt so difficult as others put it, its just lazyness getting to them. dont procastinate! though in time you will learn! AND BECOME VERY VERY GOOD AT NOT PROCASTINATING and that will help you in many ways! other than that. remember God is good. somethings dont go as planed thats just because there are better things ahead! keep on persevering! keep on pushing hard. dont let anyone tell you who you are and give you limits as in what you can do or not. For your confidence is not on that! but on greater ! take heart! life is good!

someone who has no desire to exeed and grow in life, thought I believe everyone has the desire to go forward though it might seem otherwises sometimes. but this college is for everyone. everyone who wnats to learn and open their wings to fly!

Trudy

High school...the stage on which students rehearse the roles which they will play once they leave... If I were to go back in time to when I was a high school senior, I would most definitely advise myself to become more outgoing. I think that I was much too withdrawn during my high school years, and since I have started college, the importance of being outgoing and interactive has become crystal clear. In addition, I would work towards becoming more organized. Working full-time and being a full-time student, as well as a participant in various clubs, requires ample skills in organization. In high school, I did not fully comprehend the importance of organization. However, having seen first hand its importance, I wiould advise myself to adapt that as a quality. Finally, I would stress the importance of just doing my best. As a high school student, I was obsessed with getting straight A's. As a college student, though I still work hard to maintain a high GPA, a letter grade seems to count for less when compared to what I will have learnt at the end of each course.

This school is perfect for a person who is accustomed to working hard for what they want and who is serious about pursuing his or her goals. This school is suitable for those who have the desire to attend school, but find it difficult to do so due to a job, children, or other activity that might consume a lot of his or her daily life. Also, a person who is willing to become a part of a community and contribute to its development.

Broward College is known for its high standards and hard-working students. I don't believe that anyone who is not willing to contribute to this high standard should attend this school. In addition, anyone unwilling to participate in a community that is strengthened by the variety of its members might not be suitable for this institution, unless this individual is open to change...

Broward College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.