Fort Lauderdale, FL
Broward College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Broward College

Jorge

Broward College has been a sort of haven for me since I've began attending. The atmosphere is very friendly and the professors are very knowledgeble in their respective fields. The school is located close to my home so commuting is very conveniant for me. However the one stand out quality of Broward College is the prices to attend are naturally much lower then that of state universities. Academically I excel because school is my my number one priority, however financially, I am not where I'd like to be. I intend to change that through higher learning at BC.

College is an eye opener to the real world for me. From the moment I first set foot on campus I realized that I no longer had my mother and father holding my hand towards the decisions I'd make in my life. Nor did I have my old English teacher from High School who would give partial credit towards attempting to answer a question I knew nothing about because I refused to study the night before. College is a rude awakening for me because I'm no longer a young kid anymore. The very path from transitioning from a boy into a man lies in college because the choices we make in college will mold us into the very people we will become as adults. College has taught me about responsibility, and my academics have excelled far more then compared to my days in grade school because my education is my number one priority to me. If there's an exam, I'll make sure to reserve time to study and if there's a report, I'll make sure to start ahead of time. No more procastination because when it comes to shaping your future, why waste it?

There's not too much that I can really criticize about Broward College. The school has a clean atmosphere , and the excellent education offered for the low tuition fees is an absolute bargain. My only issues toward the school is that it 's a community college on paper. I only intend to stay at this school for my Associate of Arts Degree , then I plan to transfer over to a four year state university to complete my intended major in Sports Medicine. In due time, I plan to recieve a Master's Degree from a state university, not at BC.

Lena

Attending a Community College I learned alot of thing about life and school that only I saw from the students around me. First off, I learned how to manage money better when I first hand witness how college students just throw away their money. Due to the econmeny everyone is in a frenzy for money but when stepping on to campus these students do not attend class, which they will have to pay for again. Another thing I got out of attending a Community College is that it is not a joke anymore like high school was for me. In order to move on you must put the work out there and really try your hardest. And in order to get out of school you must pass the class. You meet different people with different directions, it was nice to see that I have a family to push me in the right direction.

Fallieres

Because it has everything i want and it's located nearby my house, so for me it's the best one i could attend as my first college degree for my career

Wow...i have gotten alot! it's wonderful, they offer alot of advantages and benefits, all the teachers are competent and well-educated, they have great knowledge, even though some of them are tough and mean, but they know what they doing and they teach pretty good...

There is nothing i can say as a worse thing about it , therefore nothing is the worst...besides it's a great college, i love it!!!

Leah

I have learned a lot in the psychology courses i have taken, which i have directly related to my family life. My mother suffers from a few psychological disorders which completely control her life. For a while, i was very angry with her because i did not understand why she was like that. After learning facts and listening to many different cases, some of which were much worse, i was able to rekindle our relationship and look to help her. This struck a huge interest in the cause of these disorders, and the best way to control them. I am very inspired to learn so much more about how a person's mind works, and how it is altered by different disorders ( including addiction. ) I look forward to completing a degree that allows me to help people, just as knowledge has helped me in my personal relationships.

Nathan

I have become a far more outgoing person. I've made lots of friends and have been exposed to new experiences. Also, I have become more confident in my academic efforts with the support and guidance from my professors. I actually find the college experience more enjoyable and less stressful than highschool.

I don't know what kind of person shouldn't attend this school because Broward College has something for everyone.

When discussing my school with my friends I have a habit of mentioning the friendly enviorment. Also, I never fail to mention the modern buildings and the comfort of being there. There are tons of extra-curricular activities such as the game room and the basketball court. Another factor that I mention is that there are lots of sections for classes to choose from. So, planning your schedule is easy. One other thing would be parking. Parking is a painless experience.

Joshua

We are a set of motivated individuals with success on our minds.

We are a set of motivated individuals with success on our minds.

I have received and earned a broad spectrum of knowledge and experience; from assisting patients to learning how to properly manage time for school and work, I have received another view on life.

The best thing about my school is the EMS program in which I am enrolled.

Jenna

I'm not really sure because I just started school there last week. I would say Its a good school to go to before going to a university to save money.

Broward is very organized. I was able to sign up for the classes I needed with in a few days of applying.

I would tell myself "Don't just get by. I know senior year is suppose to be a blow off but having fewer classes is perfect to give yourself more time to study and do better. You need to try your best, because you're going to regret it later. If you can do your best on every assignment and put your all into it, then you will not struggle so much later trying to get into school and to get scholarships. Having a good GPA and class rank is critical if you want to get in to a good school.? If I had known that then I wouldn?t be struggling so hard to go to school. I just moved to Miami and getting a loan is impossible right now because I?ve only had a job for a week and financial aid forget it.

Yanira

A nice environment ,that is much like high school.

A nice environment ,that is much like high school.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing about college life and making the transition, I would probably advice myself to study hard in the science subjects, not slack off, focus on grades, and try to get a bright future's scholarship that will pay for my full college/university tuition, that way I would not stress about taking out loans and the big dept I may have after I graduate from university.

A person looking for many extracurricular activities, partying, and housing.

The thing about college, as a senior in high school, is that one thinks it is so grand. In reality, you have to be just as commited to school, and even more commited to your school work. One thinks that they are going to have fun and go to all these college parties; that is no way to look at college. Scholarships have been lost because of lack in commitment to work, and due to sleeping in because of a previous party. You have to prioritize your life so its not a big mess and you get stressed out, or fail classes. Have fun in college, make the most of it and learn. I never thought that school could help me or even interest me, yet it really helps you to grow in every aspect of your life. You will end up fealing accomplished and pleased with your success. College is the stepping stone to starting your life-long dreams. Don't waste away your time with laziness and carelessness. With a college education you will feel better about yourself in the long run.

One major piece of information that I wish I had known before attending college would have been that, unlike high school, you miss an assignment and your grade drops! Missing an assignment throws you off schedule and causes you to fall behind. To not procrastinate because you will regret falling behind.

The ost frustrating thing about my Broward College is that it is so close to home that I don't get involved enough. I go to class every day just waiting to get out so I can see friends or go home but, that is not the right way to go about it. School is important, and if you are paying for your education, you want the most out of it. A school needs to be like a community, to be united so we can learn from one another.

Rosalynd

I would advise my younger self to stay focused on completing my degree. And apply more for scholarships because getting educated isn't free.

Students that wants to succeed in life and wants the flexibilty of attending classes that's conveniet for the student.

The long waiting lines when you're trying to get answers about finances and/or choosing classes because the staff is just walking around have students waiting.

Broward College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.