Fort Lauderdale, FL
Broward College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Broward College

stormy

I would start by telling myself to pay more attention to English and Math and less attention to the drama that comes with high school.Be prepared to work even more solo than I had before and able to reference information better.Work on your objectives and figure out your major before you get to the colledge.Realise it all looks good from the outside but the work is what gets you on the inside.That your gpa is as important as your standings in general .To relax during the tests and reread once I am done.Grammer is a major and though I hate to write papers that is a major as well.To remind me that if you choose to be an architect/eng there is at least 6 years of school involved and alot of work.Mostly to breathe because you have it if you want it.Just Believe...My mom once told me to close my eyes and be my future because then I could see it... I see it....

Suhairy

I attend a former community college that is now considered a four year college as of 2009. Usually schools around the nation the same thing as in nice staffs, great workers, teacher, etc.. I have yet to experience what other schools may bring to my plate, but so far something unique I like about my school is the time workers and teachers put in to help. For example we have free tutoring on campas for every type of study, teachers have a smaller number of students per class which help the student get more hands on and suffient help.

This is a very good question! I think about this everytime I pass by my old high school. If I can go back to talk to myself as a senior, knowing what I know today in college i would of definitetly told myself to push that extra mile and try harder. I was a great high school student and graduated with amazing grades, I was part of different organizations and managed both the football and basketball team but I think I got too caught up with having fun and being part of my profession that I forgot that in order for me to become and athletic trainer I have to go through tedious subjects and have great financial stability. I would of told myself to push harder for a full scholarship, check out different schools, study harder and prepare myself for a better future. My present life is beautiful at the school I attend (Broward College) but it could of been better if I would of pushed that extra mile to achieve more and become more.

The best thing at my school so far has to be the "Coffee House", the Coffee House is a great way for students to come together and study and even sing! Usually at the Coffee House the school brings different guess speakers to touch on different topics or subject, other nights they bring upcoming singers or musicians. During the season the Coffee House is very occupied with sports fans around the school. This is just one of the thing I like best about my school.

Dory

Broward college may lack all the bells and whistles of many of the local big name schools however you will get a straight laced education that will prepare you to transfer to a 4 year program.

In general my classmates comprise of mostly younger adults of varying ethnicities and economic-socio status with the occasional older person such as myself sprinkled in for flavor.

What I would tell my younger self about college is that you need to focus. That those classes you will just stop going to will hurt you down the line in 15 years. That even with your 3.81 GPA ,someone would pull up that japanese class that you did not finish in 1994 and it will hold you back. That by not putting in the time to study you lost BIG money in your career by being passed up for lack of a degree. That your education defines you and shapes you 100 fold more than your friends ever could. That you will be setting an example for your unborn children. That in 2010 the world is not even close to what it seems in 1990's. That the world needs help in the future, that it needs leaders and that you need to start preparing now.

It has a very good honors program, and many clubs. it has a huge cultural diversity because of where its located (south florida).

I would tell myelf to make sure i was talking all the right classes, and study a little more than i did. Don't worry so much about trying to fit in, every one fits in. Although some people will tell you that the first class isn't important, it is; its the day you meet your professors. Introduce yourself to all your professors and let them know you're going to work hard in their class. Sit close to the front, maybe second row back at the farthest. Love what you're studying and don't be afraid to tell people you love it because they'look at you weird. Don't worry if every one you know is studying something easier, and seems much more enjoyable than what you're studying; thats their dream, this is your. Make sure you get sufficient rest (even from going out with friends) on breaks so you don't over stress. However, don't completely isolate yourself from your friends, they're the ones that'll help you get through this and help you study when you need it.

I, personally, love the atmosphere in central campus. The fact that they have no smoking outside of certain smoking zones is great!

Kimberly

My classmates are from a younger generation than I, but I try to keep up.

My classmates are from a younger generation than I, but I try to keep up.

My school is best know for recuitment of students from its city, because of the location.

I would advise myself to study more and more use of the extra time I had as a senior. I would take an extra math or science class, be more involved in community efforts, and just take my last year more serious.

Louis

Broward College is an establishment committed to educating the populace of Broward County in subjects relevant to a prosperous society, while promoting higher education beyond a two year AA degree.

Broward College offers a chance for students, who in the past ignored the importance of high school grades, to excel in subjects of varying difficulty. Broward College offers a vast range of characters from the Ivy League material mother to the redeemed high school dropout. One thing that links all of the students of Broward College is their interest and love for experiencing the finer moments of life, with a strong sense of Carpe Diem.

Seeing as how I am currently a high school student in dual enrollment at Broward College, I would remind myself to keep in mind the importance of attaining (and retaining) relevant knowledge in the effort to fulfill myself as a person overall.

Melissa

My classmates are very diverse.

My classmates are very diverse.

It is funny how one's priorities change as one grows older and wiser. As a high school senior, I was very irresponsible. I did not take high school as seriously as I should have. I used to skip school, didn't study for tests, wasn't envolved in any sports, and never really thought about my future. I was too caught up in having fun and trying to fit in with the "cool" crowd. If I could go back in time to tell myself the importance of education I definitely would. I would have told myself to study for tests, complete all homework assignments/projects, attend every class, join more clubs/organizations, get involved in volunteer groups, join a sports team, and plan my educational future by choosing a university and applying for scholarships. Also, I would talk to my parents to get them more involved in my education and future. My parents never really went to any open houses in school, helped with homework, checked my report card, and they didn't even know when I skipped school! If I could go back, I would have envolved them more in my life. I wish I could go back.

I like the fact that there are so many different campuses located throughout Broward County. Also, I am employed full-time, therefore, I like the fact that they offer a variety of night classes.

Natalie

My classmates at Broward Community College are from different nationalities and cultures all with the same goal of getting an education, so they can either transfer to a university, start working after finishing 2 year degree, or enroll in one of our health science programs as a nurse or dental assistant/hygienest, etc.

Sometimes going back in time is something we all wish we could do. Maybe to change a highschool grade, handle a situation differently or even savor a friendship. If i could go back and talk to myself in high school i would want to let myself know that college is much differnt than high school. College you have a ton of more freedom, you pick your classes, professors and even time/days you want to go, but with that freedom you have to have structure. Your professors aren't going to remind you when you have test, quizes or papers due, or call you if you're slipping behind. That is solely up to you, and you are your own responsibility. I would have wanted to prepare myself more with even better study habits and time management so that making the transition into my first semmister of college an easier, less stressful experience. I have learned so much in my first semister of college so far and I am doing very well, but it didnt come easy. I had to work hard and study alot of get where i am, thats something that high school doesnt always prepare you for.

With the program that I am in (dental assisting/hygiene) i will be able to finish school sooner than most of my friends and start working right out of college.

Sharon

If I could go back in time I would have put a little more effort in school and the classes I took. I learned a lot in college and i made me think, "Why didn't I do that in high school when I had the chance"?. I could have studied more, took school more serious and that way when I went to college I could have remembered some of the educated things that I learned and not struggle again in the same subject because I did not take serious the lecture in high school. If I went back in time after knowing what I know now, I would have gotten straight grades even though I did a B/B- level in high school. I could have won scholarships if I tried to actually do some. I would have loved to be the top student in high school and been able to know more to achieve more in my future. But even though I learned my lesson, everyday I try harder and harder to do and be the best of all because I want to be someone in life and not just a person out there in the world.

The best thing that I consider the best in my school is that the class size are not a lot, that the school is not expensive, and that the teachers actually help us when we need help. I really like my school for those reasons because when the class size is not a lot, there is more help and more face to face with the teacher. Everytime I have needed help, all of my teachers have always helped me. Since the school os not that expensive, its more affordable for me to be able to go to school.

A student that should attend this school is a student that would like to get help face to face with the teacher, like small class size and that has a budget with money wise to pay for their classes.

Broward College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.