Fort Lauderdale, FL
Broward College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Broward College

Thayana

Broward College is like seeing and experiencing the world in my own backyard.

Broward College is like seeing and experiencing the world in my own backyard.

Dear self, Hello. This is your long lost friend, me...or you in the future. You are such a smart, sensitive, beautiful, and compassionate person. You are capable of doing so much good in the world. However, you are wasting your precious life by dating that deliquent boyfriend whom which you will break up with anyway. Your parents aren't wrong about him. The longer you stay with him the more you will regret it. Don't delay your education which can benefit you forever for something that won't last. I can tell you from experience, you will love college. The friends you'll make will be better than the ones in high school. So many opportunities will arise from your college experience. It will be so rewarding, you will be an encouraging force to those around you who have given up on their own dreams. So don't procrastinate, the time for purposed living is now. In school you WILL discover your true passion. Living with no regrets is not doing what you please. It's from knowing that you've done your best to be who you were always meant to be in life.

No matter where you go, college is truly what you make of it. Never understimate what kind of education you can get from a community college. Broward Community College is a culturally diverse atmosphere with students from many different parts of the country and globe. Also, it has many campuses around the county making going to class geographically convenient no matter where you live. But the best apart of my school are the professors. The teachers are engaging, personal, inspiring, and will push you to reach your full potential. Without them, I wouldn't have gotten this far.

My school is in a well kept area. There are local businesses, shops and restauraunts near by.

I would give myself advice about scholarships and ways to get aid to fund my higher education. I would tell myself the pros and cons of a community college and a university. I would also weigh the option of staying home or going away to school. Also, to do a lot of research from your junior year in school. Research includes but not limited to, what major I would declare, what career goals I have, what I look for in a school, what school would be best for me and my intended major, apply to schools I really want to go to. In addition, get all documents together including test scores and recommendation letters. Apply for financial aid EARLY and do lots of research on grants and scholarships available. Talk to alumni/present students at the college first hand and to visit the campus of where you want to go. Lastly, I would feed myself positive thoughts and afimations.

Although my school is a junior college, there are activities and programs just like a state university. Such as, athletic programs and student publications.

nya

if i could talk to myself back in high school i would have told myself to pay more attention in my ap classes and to try and do dual enrollment instead of going home early everyday. I would have also told myself to use the free resources available at school because it can be really helpful. Also to take a class on how to study because thats the hardest thing in college. You may be able to make it in high school by just paying attention in class but that wont cut it in college because most of the work is on your own. I would have said to get my mind prepared for this new journey I was getting ready to embark on.

I wish i could have known that school was going to be nothing like high school and every thing that you do is solely on you and the all the teachers do is teach, nothing more. It would have been nice to know i would have to be on top of my studies because everything is my responsibility.

The most fustrating thing about my school is that the class sizes are so large. Also the fact that many of the stuents here don't wanna be here and are only here beause their parents want them here, they take from the learning experience.

Valerie

My classmates come from all over the world, of all different ages, of all different backgrounds and with many different life stories that make each and every student successful.

If I was able to go back in time I would tell my self to pick up a book with all the many different careers out there, and not let anyone set up a path for me. I am realizing now, close to graduation, that the path that was set up for me doesn't make me happy. I am determined to go out there and do what truely makes me happy despite what my salary may be. In the end I will be working a job I truely appreciate and love, and if I would have just read about all the careers possible I would have realized this sooner.

This school is perfect for the person who has to work and pay bills, because it allows you the flexibility and affordability. Also, if you're a little nervous about entering college this is perfect to settle those nerves, and allow you to build up confidence and strength when it comes time to transferring to another university.

Dajia

In Broward College, high school graduates or new students will feel some comfort and an easy transition into a college life because of them. My school gives many people a chance to succeed in life. I am trying to transfer to Florida International University for a dual degree program after my Associates Degree. Broward College is preparing me with incredible educators, tips for the future, and exercises for preparation in our careers. Many people can explore the numerous options for majors that will better their lives. There are not enough words to thank Broward College for everything they have done.

If I could go back in time, I would have a long talk with myself when I was a senior in high school. For example, I would discuss about the importance of scholarships for college expenses. Knowing that my younger self would eventually have to work two jobs to help pay for books and to go to school full time, I would stress this to her big time. I would tell my younger self to continue trying her hardest on tests and quizzes to get great practice. I would also tell myself to never give up on tasks especially because I am about to graduate and go through harder obstacles. She will need effort, hard work, goals, and dreams to get us ready for our journey through life. I would tell myself that throughout my senior year to be successful in all my clubs, organizations, and school work. I would tell her to keep her head held high for the hardships to come. I would finally tell her that when entering college she should do what makes her happy, study all that makes her smile, laugh as much as she breathes, and to love everything she achieves throughout her education.

When talking with my friends about Broward College, I tend to brag about how great the education is at the school. The way the professors teach you topics can relate to your everyday life. The education is the number one priority at the school and the emphasis of education being grasped by their students. Professors will give as many labs, study sessions, and extra help needed to have their students succeed. Some people will brag about how horrible the education is at their college, but there will not be one bad word spoken about Broward College.

Jacqsar

My school is one that builds character and motivates its students to achieve.

My school is one that builds character and motivates its students to achieve.

If i could go back in time to talk to myself with the knowledge I know about college life, I would try to persuade myself to become more active in trying to recieve scholarships and grants for school. I never realized how expensive and frustrating college can be when it comes to finance. If I was more aware of this during my senior year I would've changed my views on college. I would have talked to my high school guidance counselor, Mr. Bertanni, more often and worked with him to figure out the best ways I could gain money like scholarships, grants, and loans. With all those put together I believe I would be going to school right now with no worries if I have enough money for my Fundamentals of Air Traffic Control book. With this advice I would have an easier and more fun college experience.

I personally havent experienced anything that would make me think my school wrong.

Gillyana

If I were to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself a 3 hour long lecture on how to not only survive, but to strive in college. The first thing I would mention is that college would be a wonderful experience. I'd say that to truly have a enjoyable and vivid time in college, you really have to embrace everything around you. There are many clubs, activities, and work shops that allow students to learn new things and meet new people, besides the classroom. I'd tell myself to prepare for every class as if there were to be a quiz. I'd mention to work on my time management skills and to continously keep up with long term and short term goals. These two things are incredibly important because without them, students risk getting distracted by other things such as friends, work, etc. They also risk not having enough time to do all the work, and that can harm them physically by not getting enough rest. It can also harm them academically, by not handing in work on the due date. The last thing I'd say is, have fun!

Before coming to college, I wish I had known that I had to set long term and short term goals. I wish I had known that I would have to work on my time management skills. I also wish that I would have known to focus on my priorities, and not allow my friends or my job to distract me from my school obligations.

The most frustrating thing about my school is how long the line is, when it comes to walk-in appointments with the advisors at the beginning of the semester. The line can reach the other side of building, which is why I always schedule my appointments online.

Krystal

My classmates in my class are different from my classmates in high school. My classmates in high school were wild and crazy and were kids my age. In my class in college there are students ranging from different ages, there are grown up like my mothers age in there, there also mature, know how to focus and just to them self and there education.

The advice i would give myself is to focus in high school because if i had focus in high school I think that I would have got into a good university than a community college. I even had to fight more because i went though alot in order to get my diploma and if i had done my dutties in school and not played the fool i would have went to prom and walk across the strange than take a online class to get 1/2 credit in order to get my dipolma. So on top of all that i would also tell myself that college is not easy its not high school and its hard and they grade different from high school and u have to really give 100 percent. I had a english class and i am so good in english and in high school i got A's and B's now in this class i got a C. I couldnt belive it so if i could get a C that means that i gotta work so hard to an A. So I would just tell myself work hard i know you could do it.

I think that everybody should attend this school if they want to go to a 2 year college, I'm goin to a 2 year community college then I am transfering to a 4 year college. I feel that if you want to go to a 2 year college and then its good because u have your parents to help you out and for u to get on your feet as a young adult then you go a university if you want to. It doesnt matter what kind of person as long as your getting the education you want.

Steven

My classmates were very friendly. Always want to help out people who are lost and are in need of help with any assignment that I feel that I'm stuck on.

My advice to my high school senior self would be to know two things, Be yourself and good judgement. Being yourself is critical to knowing who you are when you enter a world that is alien to you and the people living in it. It is not a job to find a friend who you thinnk is cool or over-the -edge persona. Finding the friends that you know are loyal and trustworthy is very important because the wrong people can take advantage of their abilitie or talents that the would take you for granted and forget about you as time goes by. The time does go rather fast in college, even though you don't feel it right away so realize who you are and what you what out of your experience in college, besides the raunchy endevours you hear and want to do. Using your good judgement on what your parents taught you and who you have become before you came into college; never forget who you are and stick to the goals you want to accomplish. Even though at first you are undecided on what major is, good judgement comes in handy yet also have fun.

That I would talk to my advisor about the many scholarships available so that I would take advantage of them. Also I would like to know where my classes were before school started so I wouldn't be late for my first class.

Ashante

I believe that my school is best know for having various resources avaliable to students. they offer tutoring in all subjects which really helps students in better understanding the subject because they get more one on one time. Another thing is the learning resource center which i believe every student takes advantage of; it has computers, instructors to help you out, modules and so much more. The LRC is where students spend most of their time studying.

I would advise myself not to worry about my friends and what schools they are going to because what might be right for them may not be right for me. Also not to let anyone decide whats right for me only I can make that decision. Staying focus and worrying about my dream is all that matters, not what other people are doing. Take some time and research schools and scholarships because it is really important to plan ahead, waiting till the last minute will land me in a place where i don't want to be. I would also advise myself to prepare for the SAT and ACT and not think just because I did well on the FCAT that these test would be easy. Not all test are the same and doing well on these test is a huge factor in getting into a good college. GPA is also a major part of getting into a good college; just because you meet the minimum GPA requirement doesn't guarantee you admission. Make smart decision about school and stay focused.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of education from teachers. You would assume that being a teacher you would be well educated on the subject that you are teaching. At my school that is not the case, the teachers are more like babysitters than insrtuctors. Granted not all the teachers are like this but a majority of them are. Reading directly off powerpoint slides that come with the book and not being able to answer questions on the subject is not acceptable. I know that as a student i most take it upon myself to learn.

Broward College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.